Closed Thread
Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 8 15 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast

Thread: What are your views on same sex marriages or relationships

Thanks for the memories princesslady may be famous one day princesslady may be famous one day princesslady's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: What are your views on same sex marriages or relationships

homosexuality, is against man's natural way of life, BUT who says there aren't some rules that can be broken. if a gay couple feel they wanna get married then hell let them. one, your violating there rights by your own views and opinions, and two, if little kids at age 13 can get pregnant and marry older men and wqomen *cough* example *ashton and demi* then let them.
    nothing is wrong with gay marriage in my opnion. if you have a problem with gay marriage then dammit dont marry them or consent tto it. but as every other human being on this earth, they have a right to get married. they deserve every same bit of respect as a man and woman getting married should have.

Born to rule, raised to lead, taught to establish: The African Queen

Otaku Spymonk may be famous one day Spymonk may be famous one day Spymonk's Avatar
    I live in South Africa and i was born in Pretoria.
    Thanks

homosexuality, is against man's natural way of life, BUT who says there aren't some rules that can be broken. if a gay couple feel they wanna get married then hell let them. one, your violating there rights by your own views and opinions, and two, if little kids at age 13 can get pregnant and marry older men and wqomen *cough* example *ashton and demi* then let them.
    nothing is wrong with gay marriage in my opnion. if you have a problem with gay marriage then dammit dont marry them or consent tto it. but as every other human being on this earth, they have a right to get married. they deserve every same bit of respect as a man and woman getting married should have.
    What rules are u talking about the only rules man lives by is the rules he makes and brakes himself to suite the situation.
    70 % op the population in the world have no respect for laws and rules they make and brake them to keep everybody happy, the only person that will condone gay mariages is the person that does not believe in the word of God.It might be the same for other religions i am not sure because i am not one of them and don't know what their feelings is around this subject...

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by frr_vegeta View Post
    Exactly, and that may some day be the case. However once we reach that bridge the question will loom on the horizon, is it really a mental problem such as unipolar depression, or is it merely a different mindset such as extroversion vs. introversion?

And that is where morality typically becomes a battlefield.

Many will say it is immoral to feel that way about the same gender.

Just as many will say it is immoral to wish to change the way other people feel.
    So, what is the difference between a mindset and a mental disorder? How is a metal disorder classified, what symptoms are there? Isn't there mental disorders, like a fear of people looking at you, that are extremes of introverted/extovertive behavior?

Sorry, you have me curious now.

I would say the battlefield is already joined however since I have already heard both arguements and frequently. I remember the screams when a researcher claimed he had traced homosexual tendencies to deficiencies in the mother during pregnancy and it could be prevented. Most people were skeptical but the man was accused of trying to prove through fallacious means that homosexuality was natural and that he was attempting genocide... which confused me to no end. I would imagine the cat fight that would occur if it did turn out to be treatable would be even larger.

Quote Originally Posted by Chubz View Post
    I never said that gay marriage is legal under the states, but rather homosexuality is legal in most states. Since the relationship is considered legal, should it not be granted the same relationship rights as a married couple if they choose to seek it?
    No. You are making the same mistake that you have continued to make through this entire thing. You are completely ignoring what is actually happening and basing your arguement solely on your understanding of Canadian law. It is a mistake I see you make often when talking about the States.

In the US homosexual behavior has been mostly decriminalized (read unenforcable) due to the "right to privacy". That's it. Any behavior that occurs between two (or more) consenting adults in private is no ones bussiness. Any behavior.

The fact is that what we have told you is currently happening. There are states who have voted on initiatives to ban homosexual marriages where one of the main factors for banning it was to prevent the door being opened for other unions. Organizations who have donated large amounts to legal campains for legalizing gay marriages have publicly admitted that their agenda is actually to legalize all marriages no matter age, orientation, or number. It has been shown that the overwelming majority of the US does not support gay marriage. When it has been legalized it has been through judges making rulings that overturned the votes of the people based on no more then their own opinion or using laws from other countries and the UN. It is not up to the courts in the US by law. By law it is supposed to be up to the legislature. The court has taken it upon themselves anyway in defiance of the law.

The fact is that there is a war of law going on currently in the US and the homosexual lobby is being used as the forerunners for others. The more extreme of them approve. Others are PO'ed about it and wish they would shut up. Facts, current events, case law, it all applies to the current situation.

That is why just because "the state sees fit" does not mean "the laws are justified". It does however set a precedent to justify other laws.

Make no mistake, this is not about whether homosexuality is "natural" or "unnatural". It is not about "metal health". It is not about "religion vs government". It is about homosexuality having become PC, an accepted lifestyle in "society" and therefore being granted a "stamp of approval" based on no more then that same approval.

...and that is the problem.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Otaku Chubz may be famous one day Chubz may be famous one day Chubz's Avatar
    Thanks

The first part of your post brought up by Frr Vegeta and yourself is quite interesting. Since there is no clear evidence of what causes homosexuality (if it is a mindset, or naturally occuring), I could understand arguing that the debate of gay marriage should be put off until further study.
    In an instance close to what you mention, a professor up here in Canada has recently claimed that women are ultimately inferior to men due to certain upbringing and natural evolution (technically, he's trying to say women are not as evolved as men). Of course, he's being dinged for saying this. He has also argued that black people are inferior to white people, and asian people are inferior to black people. Right now this guy doesn't have that good of a rep with the public.

The court has taken it upon themselves anyway in defiance of the law.
    Yes, and like you said, when a judge does this because they "feel" a certain way, then the change is not really justified. But if the issue is taken from a standpoint of legal rights, then there is justification. But if laws are not questioned, women would not be allowed the vote, there would be no interracial marriage, etc, etc. There are points where the law has to be looked at and possibly changed due to the continual change in cultural opinion. And that leaves off at public opinion.....and one of the main debaters against gay marriage is the religious community, who argue that it should be between a man and a woman.

But if the state DOES see fit, is does justify the laws, because the state is the main governing body telling you what you can and can't do. The main judicial branch is appointed by the government, and therefore represents the government in its rulings. The example posted earlier of Ruth Bader Ginsburg (not sure if that's spelled right), she was appointed to her job by the government. People within the highest branch of the judicial system, appointed by the government (and therefore acting as a representation of the government) are questioning this issue. Even members of the legislative assembly are questioning this issue, some in support, some not in favour.

My argument isn't coming from a persepective of Canadian law vs American law (though I guess you could argue that it is coming from a Canadian perspective). I am saying if something is deemed legal, then it should be given the full legal status, not some shady-recognition just because ya have to. That is not a difference between Canadian law and American.

Just because an organization (such as NAMBLA) says its going to support something, does not immediately condemn the argument to being wrong. If you can, I'd like to see an example of the homosexual lobby actually taking funds and accepting the support of NAMBLA (if you know of any links to news stories etc). Because if you can provide a clear example that the pro-gay marriage community is accepting the support of groups like NAMBLA and working hand in hand, then I will be absolutely stunned and shocked.

It is about homosexuality having become PC, an accepted lifestyle in "society" and therefore being granted a "stamp of approval" based on no more then that same approval.
    You've put this in far better terms now from previous posts. This argument though, can be applied to the acceptance of women's rights (voting, working, etc), and interracial marriage, and other acts that were deemed taboo and are now legally accepted by the government and culture. It is a progression that happens in society, where new ideas replace the old, because it becomes outdated. You said earlier that only 4 countries have legalized gay marriage. But at first it was none. Then it was one country. Then two...now four. Obviously there is a cultural trend slowly happening towards the acceptance of homosexual marriage. Eventually it will be five, then seven, and so on. This isn't fully brought on by "renegade" judges acting by themselves, but the judges are looking at this because they see there is a real movement and arguement FOR gay marriage (and which is why this is such a controversial topic for all sides). It also makes it problematic because it can run down to a federal vs state vs society.

Since democracy HINGES on the society, the society stamp of approval whole heartedly stands in the argument. Because if the government does not listen to the ideas of the society, then it no longer represents the society. (However, this could also be argued somewhat hypocritical and like a paradox, because since laws created by the government are done so in representation of the people, then there should be no problem). But societal acceptance has often been the movement of change within government, so it does give some credence towards the argument of "feel." What does the society "feel"? (And which makes the convoluted circle back to what I earlier wrote that state law is justified, because it creates a clash of ideals). Technically there is justification in societal stamps, but there is also justification for state laws...so it becomes quite confusing)

The argument for and against gay marriage can become quite convoluted in certain aspects (because it does start to challenge the concept of state and federal laws, and what people 'feel'), which is what makes it such a hot topic for debate, (and where your argument of "where do we draw the line" seems to come in), but that argument lies of its own seperate accord from gay marriage, because it is an issue that can be raised on any portion of legality of something (if you wanted, you could link it to the legalization of marijuana, etc). So it should not be seen as being intrinsically linked to gay marriage, because it skews the argument.
    Last edited by Chubz; Nov 01, 2006 at 02:22 AM.

Many Thanks To SasuraiHell For The Sig!

Otaku Spymonk may be famous one day Spymonk may be famous one day Spymonk's Avatar
    I live in South Africa and i was born in Pretoria.
    Thanks

This is all nice discussions on the should they or should they not be allowed as for the fact that America's laws is build around christian religion i think by throwing that out the windows is a good recipe for disaster.
    -
    I mean realy have a look at the infiltration of the gays in society they have been in the closet for such along time and now they are all over the place they sprung up like a virus carried through the air we breathe.Now when u walk down the street it is nothing funny to see gays in the same street u live ,resturant u eat,school u go too,church u spend your quality time with God.
    -
    They have decided to build their own churches and also have a missions/evangelists where they go out in the world and they help ppl that is gay and not gay, to understand that is OK to be gay.
    -
    I say NO i will not stand for such arugant behavior telling ppl whatever u feel like doing is ok because i wonder why God destroyed Sodom and Gamora just so we could understand how He loves the gays.Yeah right ppl can say it is all about Love for the other person sure there u are right but getting into sexual pleasure with the same sex is not love it is Lust look at the Greeks and the Egiptions and there is so many examples u won't believe.What are we showing our kids is it ok to just have loose relationships with anybody u desire man//woman or both at the same time hey lets have some orgies.That would help build a better nation don't u think because we condone it right.

As soon as america says that it is legal for the same sex mariages to happen all over america the whole world will follow like a bunch of sheep because they are conforming slowly but surely
    1. World religion
    1. World currency
    1. World leader
    Just as the Bible says.

Retired frr_Vegeta may be famous one day frr_Vegeta may be famous one day frr_Vegeta's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Arrianna View Post
    So, what is the difference between a mindset and a mental disorder? How is a metal disorder classified, what symptoms are there? Isn't there mental disorders, like a fear of people looking at you, that are extremes of introverted/extovertive behavior?
    Because there has always been a lot of debate on whether or not things are disorders or just mindsets (or in some cases just the result of being brought up in a different culture) something which is considered a mental abnormality typically contains at least three of these four characteristics, known as the four d's. (This is currently the most widely accepted method)

Deviance: The behaviors/actions/mindset of the individual differs from the norm of the society the individual is in.

Distress: The behaviors/actions/mindset of the individual causes anxiety in the individual.

Dysfunction: The behaviors/actions/mindsets of the individual interfers with normal day to day life.

Danger: The behaviors/actions/mindsets of the individual puts the individual at risk of harm (or possibly suicide), or puts others at risk of harm.

I'd get into it a little more indepth but quite ironically, I'm running late for my "Abnormal and Deviant Behaviors" class.
    Last edited by frr_Vegeta; Nov 02, 2006 at 03:34 PM.

Shake the Core. Xelhes may be famous one day Xelhes may be famous one day Xelhes's Avatar
    Thanks

i see that no one is paying me any attention here i have a question i would like answerd ...Whats the main cause of homosexuality if anyones knows bc im curious i mean what drives a man to find another guy attractive i dont see how...but id like to know maybe that would let me know as to y people end up the way they are
    ..:Open Your Wings Evil Angel:..

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Naruto1988 View Post
    i see that no one is paying me any attention here i have a question i would like answerd ...Whats the main cause of homosexuality if anyones knows bc im curious i mean what drives a man to find another guy attractive i dont see how...but id like to know maybe that would let me know as to y people end up the way they are
    We don't know Naruto. If we did then this entire conversation would be irrelevant. It does appear that it is possible that there is not any one single reason. It has been potentially traced to everything from abuse as a child, a lack of a proper parental relationship (male or female), physical deficiencies, peer pressure, curiosity, genetic disposition similar to alcoholism, etc. None of them have been definitively proved and chances are there is no one answer.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Closed Thread
Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 8 15 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast