Closed Thread
Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 12 ... LastLast
Results 9 to 16 of 157

Thread: What are your views on same sex marriages or relationships

  1. #9
    You's Trollin Pro Leafblower Champion, Helicopter Champion ketaro is making a name for themselves ketaro is making a name for themselves ketaro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    4,293
    Thanks
    30
    Thanked 38 Times in 36 Posts

    Re: What are your views on same sex marriages or relationships

    I don't have anything against same sex marriage. If two dudes or chicks want to get married kool, let them get married.

  2. #10
    God's Little Girl blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    2,777
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    Re: What are your views on same sex marriages or relationships

    I'm against it because... well, I'm just against it.

    Well, no. Partly because religions says so, and partly because I personally feel that it just isn't right. Read Tumble_Dry's post about marriage being a union between a man and a woman. I said the same thing in a class presentation - man + woman is natural, but man + man? Mankind started with Adam and Eve, not Adam and Peter or any other guy. To me, any kind of homosexual relationship is wrong because it isn't natural and is most certainly NOT for procreation.


    Hermaphrodites > homosexuals.

  3. #11
    Legendary Otaku Violent may be famous one day Violent may be famous one day Violent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    1,748
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 28 Times in 21 Posts

    Re: What are your views on same sex marriages or relationships

    I'm against same sex marriage its just not natural, plus God is against it :/

    Man should be with a woman and create children for more people to inhabit the Earth it just seems like it should be.

    THE RULES!

    I'm on my grind in search to find whats on my mind, its one of a kind!

  4. #12
    I'm sleepy... Jukebox Hero Champion, Word Up Champion, Word Craze Champion gren may be famous one day gren may be famous one day gren's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    863
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 29 Times in 24 Posts

    Re: What are your views on same sex marriages or relationships

    Quote Originally Posted by LenMiyata View Post
    Grumble Grumble Grumble
    Fifty years ago, alot of people thought the same thing about marriage between people with different skin color.. Why would same sex marriage be any different? Why do you think it's disgusting...
    As the better half of an interracial marriage, I've had that exact thought many a time. People convince themselves that certain things are "just not right", but time will eventually prove them wrong. I really can't understand what the uproar is about same sex marriage (other than from a religious standpoint, but that's a can of worms I'm not prepared to open); it doesn't hurt you in any way if Adam and Steve decided that they love each other and want to make a lifelong commitment. And if your argument is that the point of marriage is procreation, just look at the tens of thousands of children in America alone in foster homes. There are too many unwanted kids in the world as it is, and many gay couples are more than willing to adopt. Look at the children who are abused and neglected by their opposite sex parents. The fact that their parents are a man and woman doesn't help them much.
    sig by Pyro Psycho

  5. #13
    Shu
    Shu is offline
    Devoted Otaku Shu may be famous one day Shu may be famous one day Shu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    563
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Re: What are your views on same sex marriages or relationships

    Quote Originally Posted by gren View Post
    As the better half of an interracial marriage, I've had that exact thought many a time. People convince themselves that certain things are "just not right", but time will eventually prove them wrong. I really can't understand what the uproar is about same sex marriage (other than from a religious standpoint, but that's a can of worms I'm not prepared to open); it doesn't hurt you in any way if Adam and Steve decided that they love each other and want to make a lifelong commitment. And if your argument is that the point of marriage is procreation, just look at the tens of thousands of children in America alone in foster homes. There are too many unwanted kids in the world as it is, and many gay couples are more than willing to adopt. Look at the children who are abused and neglected by their opposite sex parents. The fact that their parents are a man and woman doesn't help them much.
    *claps*

    plus the children argument suggests that everyone HAS to have kids, when many straight couples have no intentions of reproducing

  6. #14
    I'm sleepy... Jukebox Hero Champion, Word Up Champion, Word Craze Champion gren may be famous one day gren may be famous one day gren's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    863
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 29 Times in 24 Posts

    Re: What are your views on same sex marriages or relationships

    Quote Originally Posted by Shu View Post
    plus the children argument suggests that everyone HAS to have kids, when many straight couples have no intentions of reproducing
    Exactly, so on that note, wouldn't an opposite sex marriage with no intention of having kids be just as opposed to the idea that a male and female marriage is the only way to increase the human population? Recent trends in the United States are showing that more and more couples are opting to not have children. Is this wrong too?
    sig by Pyro Psycho

  7. #15
    Otaku MistressMorgan may be famous one day MistressMorgan may be famous one day MistressMorgan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Im not sure but someone get me out of here!
    Posts
    194
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: What are your views on same sex marriages or relationships

    Quote Originally Posted by -=Tumble_Dry=- View Post
    Marriage is defined as "the ceremony of union of man and wife was a sacrament of the church"

    So a man and a man is not marriage, and they don't get married because it would contradict the purpose of marriage. Gays need to get over the fact that they cannot marry officially. Look at it like binary 1+0 = 1 one = true 1+1 = 10 ten > one... ok I lost were I was going with this. Therefore gay marriage just makes people confused and it makes no sense.
    This definition was written by people in a time when being gay was unheard of. I think the definition needs to be updated. Im surprised there are so many young people who are against it on this website. It remindes me of high school when my teachers wouldnt let me use manga for book reports because they were not REAL books. If I read it, its a book. Love and marriage should be no different. If you love someone and want to marry them, then so be it. Besides, marriage is not only important for the heaven bound soul. It is important for other reasons such as, insurance and rights of decision. If a gay couple has some sort of accident and one of them is put on life support, I know the victim would want the person who knows and loves them best to make the decision of whether to keep them on LS or not. The same for burial rights. If i died my spouse knows I want to be creamated, but if I were not married, my family would get to decide and I would end up in the dirt somewhere. So I think Marriage for gay couples is equally important.

  8. #16
    I'm sleepy... Jukebox Hero Champion, Word Up Champion, Word Craze Champion gren may be famous one day gren may be famous one day gren's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    863
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 29 Times in 24 Posts

    Re: What are your views on same sex marriages or relationships

    Quote Originally Posted by MistressMorgan View Post
    This definition was written by people in a time when being gay was unheard of. I think the definition needs to be updated.
    Yes, there was a time when the term "gay" was unheard of, but as far as homosexual relationships, those have been around forever. The ancient Roman men had sex with their wives to makes babies, and sex with men for pleasure (they felt women weren't good enough to be sexual partners). In Japan (sorry I can't remember the year), travelling bands of female Kabuki players performed for the troops, and venereal diseases ran rampant. It was decided that only men could perform Kabuki plays, but this didn't really help; the guys figured a guy in drag was just as good as a girl. I'm sure there are many other instances throughout history of homosexuality, I just can't think of any more right now.

    Remember this too: When America was in its infancy, at a point, there were a lot more men than women. Marriage as a legal contract came about in order to keep wives from being stolen by some other guy.
    sig by Pyro Psycho

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 12 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Kingdom Hearts 3 any views or theories
    By Xelhes in forum Sensory Pleasures
    Replies: 103
    Last Post: Oct 27, 2006, 09:10 PM
  2. What are your views Dungeons and Dragons?
    By SuperDude22 in forum Sensory Pleasures
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: Oct 16, 2006, 02:22 AM
  3. Amazon touts anti-Israeli views,
    By sheila19621 in forum Feedback and Questions
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: Jul 22, 2006, 10:49 AM
  4. relationships
    By asianprincess18 in forum The Thread Vault
    Replies: 66
    Last Post: Feb 02, 2006, 02:25 PM
  5. Your views on..... (Smoking, Drinking)
    By Weebl in forum The Thread Vault
    Replies: 46
    Last Post: Dec 07, 2005, 07:04 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts