Closed Thread
Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 ... LastLast

Thread: What are your views on same sex marriages or relationships

Devoted Otaku Shodokan may be famous one day Shodokan may be famous one day Shodokan's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: What are your views on same sex marriages or relationships

I don't see what the big deal is. Homosexuals just want to get married so they can get the benefits of marriage the same as heterosexual couples. Marriage isn't all about love you know.

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Grumble Grumble Grumble

Okay, we need a clarification of the subject here... Are we talking about the definition of religious marriage? Or are we talking about legal marriage, (you know, that piece of paper that have effects on property ownership, tax write offs and deductions, etc. etc) Now if were talking about 'LEGAL' marriage, the constitutional clause of 'separation of church and state' should rule out 'religious' definitions...

Quote Originally Posted by blue_rebel View Post
    I'm against it because... well, I'm just against it.

Well, no. Partly because religions says so, and partly because I personally feel that it just isn't right. Read Tumble_Dry's post about marriage being a union between a man and a woman. I said the same thing in a class presentation - man + woman is natural, but man + man? Mankind started with Adam and Eve, not Adam and Peter or any other guy. To me, any kind of homosexual relationship is wrong because it isn't natural and is most certainly NOT for procreation.

Hermaphrodites > homosexuals.
    Quote Originally Posted by Violent View Post
    I'm against same sex marriage its just not natural, plus God is against it :/

Man should be with a woman and create children for more people to inhabit the Earth it just seems like it should be.
    Now if Homosexuality is so unnatural, why do you find references to it in literature, from the current modern, and going all the way back to the time of ancient Greece. One of the most famous tales from that period was how the elite 'Spartans' regiment, which was composed of homosexuals, and gay love encouraged within it's ranks to further close unit bonding, sacrificed themselves to hold off an invading army. If homosexuality was so unnatural, one would think that the practice would have died out long ago...
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Otaku Satsuma may be famous one day Satsuma may be famous one day Satsuma's Avatar
    Thanks

I don't see what the fuss is all about...What's wrong with two consenting adults (whatever their sexual orientation) wanting to get married? People are going on about how it's 'immoral' and the like, though it doesn't affect them at all. Hell, where do these people get off telling people what they can and can't do in the privacy of their own bedrooms? Stay out of other peoples' sex lives.
    Ich bin ein hund. Ich bin ein tefel hund!
    Ready to war, Ragnarok approaches.

~jUsT sMiLe~ _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_'s Avatar
    Thanks

Marriage is about love,
    Not love between and man and women specifically
    Just love, it is the official coming together of two people that love each other. Even if that's a man and a man or women and women.

I don't care about some old age definitions of marriage
    wake up people and take a look around, the times have changed.
    People used to right letters to each other and that was classified as "dating".
    We don't see that anymore.
    infact people used to say " aren't we having a gay old time"
    meaning a happy time.
    I don't see gays going around killing people, or hurting anyone
    So whats so wrong with them?
    I think the question should be whats wrong with us, if we can't accept this type of marriage?
    I don't see the problem

God's Little Girl blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Violent View Post
    I'm against same sex marriage its just not natural, plus God is against it :/

Man should be with a woman and create children for more people to inhabit the Earth it just seems like it should be.
    LoL, thanks for summarising what I just said.
    I hate to sound preachy, but no one knows better than God. I'm sure He didn't intend for people to get involved in same-sex relationships or He would've given Adam a male partner. I think it best to just go along with what's natural.

Shichibukai JefferyXie may be famous one day JefferyXie may be famous one day JefferyXie's Avatar
    Thanks

Same sex marriages is not something ppl should do.it is understandable if 2 ppl of the same gender share deep feelings for each other,but that does not mean they should marry each other.It is wrong by nature n a very offensive sin in the eyes of certain religions such as christianity coz god does not approve such things.it is immoral.

~jUsT sMiLe~ _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_'s Avatar
    Thanks

So two people of the same sex are aloud to love each other but they can't get married? wtf? It's kinda the same thing, all marriage adds to it is a certificate and a ring on the finger, what's wrong with that?

Devoted Otaku Shodokan may be famous one day Shodokan may be famous one day Shodokan's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by blue_rebel View Post
    LoL, thanks for summarising what I just said.
    I hate to sound preachy, but no one knows better than God. I'm sure He didn't intend for people to get involved in same-sex relationships or He would've given Adam a male partner. I think it best to just go along with what's natural.
    Homosexuality is natural. It's perfectly normal.What is it with religious people and homosexuality. Homosexuality has a biological basis so it's natural.

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 ... LastLast