Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Whats Freedom?

Shu
    Devoted Otaku Shu may be famous one day Shu may be famous one day Shu's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Whats Freedom?

enough of these stupid threads critisizing the government. jesus..............

no, were not completely free, but its better this way. just think if you could murder someone without anyone caring. Thats what youre suggesting when you complain about laws. Use your head and stop complaining, or move to some island without laws and see how happy you are

Community Dude Asteroids Champion dude101 may be famous one day dude101 may be famous one day dude101's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Soulhawk
    I do believe we have to closest form of freedom on this world but It still does not seem enough.
    hey hey hey, i don't think america has the closes form of freedom... what about australia, or the uk... can't leave those out can u?...

anyway... are we really free?...

well to me where i live and stuff, the amount of freedom we have is more than enough to please every1. i mean every1 has the right to chose what they wear, what to do, what they can say.... well what we can say without cause 2 much trouble. but we do have constriaghts, if we didn't who now what life would be like. it could be a world where "crime" would be out of control.. but then it wouldn't be crime cause they have absolute freedom to do anything. so then what would happen to every1 else?..

sure we will always have rules and regulations, but to be honest those are there usualy to help us live peaceful and pleasent lives according to the majority of the population. they are there to make life as safe and as comfortable as much as possible. and u can't complain to much about the amount of freedom one has, cause it can always be taken from us at anytime. so be greatful that the u have the amount of freedom we have now cause things could always be worse..
    Last edited by dude101; Aug 22, 2006 at 07:23 PM.

Devoted Otaku ZeRoGravity may be famous one day ZeRoGravity may be famous one day ZeRoGravity's Avatar
    Thanks

Pfft, there are no such thing as freedom. I see it as different levels of freedom, and it is impossible to achieve pure freedom in our physical form because we are always restricted by our past (determinism), our senses, physics and whatever the hell there maybe that I didn't mention.

AO Animator mellow maromi may be famous one day mellow maromi may be famous one day mellow maromi's Avatar
    Thanks

Take away cencorship, and ill be alright. I mean i hate how the government can tell me what i cant watch or what i cant wear, or wat i cant buy or what i cant play... Im sick of it. And that whole "Satchetory rape" is bullshit if she didnt want to have sex then she couldve said no. Hypotheticly speaking

Fish Fingers & Custard Ice Hockey Champion, Smaugs Treasure Champion, Mini Putt 3 Champion, Ant Tracks Champion, Jungle Hunt Champion, Madnetics Champion, Manole Champion, Blokken Champion, Fast Food Fiasco Champion, Shapes Hifters Champion, Mud and Blood: Vietnam Champion HolderOfTheDarkChalice is making a name for themselves HolderOfTheDarkChalice is making a name for themselves HolderOfTheDarkChalice's Avatar
    someplace where the only light is the moon above
    Thanks

i am suprised everyone is just now realsing that there is no freedom of speach
    with everything thats been going on for the past 50 or so years.perfect example
    is howard stern yes is bad but they took his freedom of speahc because he was
    said to have made crude comments about women wich were unacceptable on some channeles
    I'll be the one to protect you from your enemies and all your demons
    I'll be the one to protect you from a will to survive and a voice of reason
    I'll be the one to protect you from your enemies and your choices son
    They're one in the same, I must isolate you...
    Isolate and save you from yourself

AO Animator mellow maromi may be famous one day mellow maromi may be famous one day mellow maromi's Avatar
    Thanks

Or what about during the 1950s back in teh days of racism. All a black man had to do was whistle at a white women and hell be hanged, i dont call that freedom of speech. So many things happend since the birth of this nation that undefines the word called freedom. There for, no USA is not free. U may not be able to see it but we are NOT free.

Bored college student fayt lingod may be famous one day fayt lingod may be famous one day fayt lingod's Avatar
    Thanks

let me break this down.... too many questions

Quote Originally Posted by Soulhawk View Post
    In The U.S.A. we are so proud of our freedom. We boast about it to every nation and try to give the same "freedom" to other nations.
    what we are trying to do is spread democracy, which PROMOTES freedom without spreading it ourselves. we cannot spread "freedom" because if we tried that then the liberals would take over.

Are we really free? According to webster being free is "Not under the control or power of another; having liberty; independent. Is that even possible in this world. We have to obey laws, we have to pay taxes.
    ever heard the quote "freedom is not free"? we pay a price for our freedom and we accept that. a few laws and taxes are nothing if we had allowed the liberals in england to reamian in control of us, they didn't even acknowledge that we were human. and we are STILL listed as COLONIES in their parliament.

Is that even possible in this world. We have to obey laws, we have to pay taxes. In this day in age no nation is free, because we depend on one another for good and services and must strive to keep all happy. I do believe we have to closest form of freedom on this world but It still does not seem enough.
    you are describing independance, not freedom. you used the wrong definition of the word.

thanks to zyta for the sick sig and avy!

~jUsT sMiLe~ _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_'s Avatar
    Thanks

I believe we have freedom. I can say what I want to who ever I want, i can wear what I want, I can have as many children as I want ( comparing to china here), I can listen to whatever I want, I can go were I want, do what ever I want. I can abuse politicians until my face goes blue and no one can do anything to me..(except maybe arrest me for public nuisence XD)

I know people blaming the governments and saying that we are not "free". But we shouldn't complain.
    I mean now, you can stand in the middle of the street and yell out "Howards and idiot or Bush is moron" and you won't be put in jail.

Yes, yes, in some ways we are being monitored now, but for our "security", to catch crooks and creeps. Oh! so you want total freedom? if we take aways laws, we take away total security, I don't know about you guys but i'd like to know that I can walk down a street, without getting mugged by some one just because he has the "freedom" to do what he wants and he wanted my money. and yes the way society is now, i think very much that will happen.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast