Closed Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: What's With God?

Banned Manga artist may be famous one day Manga artist may be famous one day Manga artist's Avatar
    Thanks

What's With God?

I kind of confused about God but is God evil or good?
    In the old testement says he flood the earth which killing inoccent people and animal, and making Job so feel lousy. So is this a act of good or evil
    All this anger of god kind of makes me think that needs an anger managent classes, I think God has no right to pass judement no one is perfect .
    and why is he allowing death, why can't he do away with death and get rid of it. a year ago I lost my mom and since than I very angry at God for taking my mom , can't help the feeling he is all talk.

Strange Times Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark.'s Avatar
    Thanks

Re: What's With God?

Good and evil are stupid labels that people use to try and simplify their decisions; they don't apply to such complex ethical issues; and they definitely don't apply to God. You look at things the wrong way, God didn't kill your mom, whatever ailment she had did. That's no one's fault, supernatural or otherwise, that's nature. People die so that other people may live, if there were no death the world would be even more miserable than death could ever hope to be. If you actually go to church or read texts that explain and interpret the bible, you'd understand why those things happened in the old testament.

God knows no one is perfect, and if you believe in him you know he's omnipotent and the only entity qualified to judge people. If you're going to look at God for your troubles, perhaps you should stop blaming and start embracing. Either that, or submit to the anger management classes you were thinking about. Everyone grieves in different ways, it's natural to feel angry, but honestly discussing it in your emotional state is pointless because you'll hear, but you won't really listen to reasoning. All I see in this thread is angst and sadness over the loss of a loved one, no real debate.

Forgive my venting, this is coming off as insensitive. When someone like your mother dies and you're young, are part of you is going to change, sometimes forever. But being mad at God or whatever you believe in isn't going to make your life any better, you'll be just be more miserable. Channel your emotions into something positive and know that time heals all wounds.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Dark. For This Useful Post:

Serenity Carter (Dec 27, 2009)

Banned Manga artist may be famous one day Manga artist may be famous one day Manga artist's Avatar
    Thanks

Can't trust God just yet right now I would not be near to very angry god.
    this might sound silly but I wish I can destroy God's angel of death and run a iron sword though satan. The heck with his will be done.
    If God was employed he be fired from his job.
    I put with my mom a protection card of a warrior angel to protect her up there agaist God's bad judgement and a note saying I love her.

Commander Ham Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer's Avatar
    Thanks

The problem you have is with the concept of God, let me ask you this:

If God is truly God, what right do you have to question him? Think about it, a being so powerful he can speak the cosmos in to existence? Tell me what you can do on your own?

Does a parent have the right to tell a child what is right and what is wrong? Do they not control the lives of their children? Telling them everything they know to be true? Do they not punish behavior they deem "wrong"?

If God is responsible for creating us then why wouldn't he be able to tell us right from wrong and punish us when we disobey? In the bible we are compared to sheep, does a shepherd not control when they are sheared? Sent off to the slaughter house? Does a shepherd not break the legs of the sheep that wonders away (has done wrong)? Does the same shepherd not protect them from the wolves? Lead them to food and water? Who are the sheep to judge God?

So then you say God has no right to judge anyone because they aren't perfect, but aren't you judging God? What right do you have to do that?

At the same time everything you go through is a learning process, if God controlled every aspect of your lives you would resent him and feel like a robot, if he controls nothing then you blame him for all the bad stuff...kind of sounds confusing, just what is it you want from God? A sugar daddy that just brings you presents when you want them?

Death was instituted as a punishment for Adam and Eve's disobeying God and it is passed down to everyone. Granted it sounds horrible if all you believe in is this life, but it was actually a blessing if you believe in the afterlife. I mean assuming you are saved there is Heaven, a perfect body and eternity to gain. Bets the heck out of this life if you ask me.

I know losing your mom sucked, more than I could even imagine, but blaming God for all the bad in this world is pointless. We aren't promised today, much less tomorrow and all you can make of life is one day at a time until your time runs out. If you loved your mom you will take what she gave you and honor her memory with the things you do in this life, unfortunately that is all anyone can ever really do.

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Chiefblackhammer For This Useful Post:

atomik_sprout (Dec 22, 2009), clover (Dec 15, 2009), Scourge (Dec 15, 2009), Serenity Carter (Dec 27, 2009), Soshi Kitai (Dec 14, 2009)

Thanks

The old testement tell all voilent acts of god agaist men.frankly when it says God will destroy the earth is strongly proff that God has a anger problem. Everyone has a right to shout at God for poor job his done. Sigh.... If only Death will be no more and satan destoyed.
    The only thing I know is That took very good care of my mom while she was here, get her things that she couldn't afford herself.
    but the time will come when God will not in charge no more.

Commander Ham Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer's Avatar
    Thanks

Again, what is it you think God is suppose to be doing that he is doing such a poor job at? Do you expect a sugar daddy? Do you expect free will to do as you please but those people who are bad in the world should be controlled? That no one should die?

And if you read the old testament it isn't all bad things, God allows even bad things to work for good. Read the story of Joesph, we was enslaved, sent to prison all so that he could be come the second in command to the Pharaoh (Egypt being a very powerful country in those times) and save his family from famine.

Life is full of good and bad, it is what you make of it that determines the quality of life you will have. Focus on the bad and you will be miserable. Focus on the good and the bad doesn't win out.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chiefblackhammer For This Useful Post:

anime_being_god (Dec 13, 2009), Scourge (Dec 15, 2009)

Banned beast may be famous one day beast may be famous one day beast's Avatar
    Thanks

I have to admit that all this is a little talk about God merits a mention of the fact that people only really think of God when they need him. Other than that they don't care.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by beast View Post
    I have to admit that all this is a little talk about God merits a mention of the fact that people only really think of God when they need him. Other than that they don't care.
    Generalized comment but primarily true if you look at people as a whole, some people are more devoted and have a "relationship" that goes beyond just "help me".

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast