+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: what's the point of school

Poultry Projectile Cannon Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: what's the point of school

An education is uber important. With out it you will be no smarter then a tree stump. Now school can be very tuff, like my self, It was very difficult for me and didnt do well grade wise no matter how hard I worked my ass off. I hated going and doing school work. How ever, I got so much out of it and despite my poor grades, my teachers were shocked how much I knew but just couldnt put to paper. Just the way my brain works. But for those who ditch school, well they are only hurting them selves even though Im sure the magority of them could have made something of them selves. I have known people who have ditch school constantly and see them working at Mc Donalds or some other low end job. Its because of how hard I work despite my low grades in school that I landed a job at General Atomics where I help build the UAVs (Predator Drones for the Gov) because I was highly skilled with mechanical drafting as that was the only thing in school I was really good in. And now I have full benefits and get paid almost 20 bucks an hour.

I'd like to thank all my teachers for getting me here to where I am today.

Newbie lan32 is off to a good start
    Thanks

just think of it this way no school no job that you will be looking foword to no job no home

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kayko View Post
    we go to school everyday and we don't get anything out of it.most of us try to get out of going to class by sitting in the office or pretending to be sick.the teachers are boring.some of us drop out.the only thing we can look forward to is coming home and being able to watch tv
    One who gets nothing out of school is one who isn't trying hard enough to learn. Education is important. Granted, I used to skip classes alot when I was in high school; because I thought I was too smart for my high school. But, I've realized that just because I didn't "need" the classes, I DID need the grades! I regret every class I've skipped. I could've been in and out of college by now (instead of the crappy vocational school I attended a few years back).

Do you think people just get their jobs by simply applying?? Hellz no, they don't! They--just like myself--had to go to school, study and learn a trade. If you have no education, you can say goodbye to having a good job and hello to whoever's pulling up to the drive thru window.

Judging by your grammar, you're either too young to understand the importance of school, or you just haven't been applying yourself in school. You may think that school is un-neccessary now, but trust me, you'll catch on to what I'm saying. Let's just hope it's not too late.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to atomik_sprout For This Useful Post:

Scourge (Jan 31, 2008)

Otaku LEtters Champion, PopWord Champion, Alphabet Soup Champion, Baby Destruction Champion bellocanlver is off to a good start
    Thanks

without skewl we would be all stupid we wouldn't have all the techonology or stuff we have bcuz it all requires education
    Temari is so Cool

Devoted Otaku Defend Your Castle Champion rock on may be famous one day rock on may be famous one day rock on's Avatar
    Thanks

school isnt fun, but is shouldnt be. It is there so our country can run. With out school WE still be in the dark age or middle age. No T.V. no video games. I did good at school but becasue i didnt skip i was able to get my militry intl job. School is there so people are able to thigs that you wouldnt be able to do without school.

92% of teens moved to rap. I am one of the 8% rebelions

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rock on View Post
    school isnt fun, but is shouldnt be. It is there so our country can run. With out school WE still be in the dark age or middle age. No T.V. no video games. I did good at school but becasue i didnt skip i was able to get my militry intl job. School is there so people are able to thigs that you wouldnt be able to do without school.
    LOL, Military Intelligence is an oxymoron! Sorry, I was in the military and that joke hasn't died since I stared basic training, LOL.

Rock on, rock on! (Yeah, my horrible attempt to make a pun. )
    Just as rock on and everyone else here stated; you need school. There's no ifs, ands or buts about it. Were it not for school, we'd all be huddled in the dark, fighting over a candle, because it would be our only source of heat and energy. Over seventy percent of the population would be illiterate and nobody would know their asses from their elbows. "Hukt on Fonix wurkt 4 mee!!!"

Poultry Projectile Cannon Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge's Avatar
    Thanks

I just thought of something that is a great example as to why an education is so important.
    Some of you may not know this but in Egypt there is a city called Alixandria, named after Alixander the great. Any way Alixandria when built was the capital of information. Philosophis, Ideas, Math, Science, Culturle understanding, and even technology, and they kept all of this in a massive library. In fact one of the very first computers ever made was built there. And this is way back several hundred years before Christ was born. But then the Library was burned to the ground and no one knew how the fire was started. Some say it was an axident other say it was arsen. But the fact remaind that 99.79% of all the books, writing, scrolls, and ancient machines as well as everything was gone, lost for ever, and the sad fact is that will always be lost. After the fire nothing was the same. People became stupid and ignorant when before people scrambled and worked hard to be educated. Then the Dark Ages rolled in because of the void and lack of knawlage created by ignorance, stupidity, and superstition. The world was rulled by morons. It only took a few hundred years before (Complete and total sarcasom by the way) untill the renisonse rolled around before knolage started to come back. And even then these people were riticuled and some times even murdered by the morons incharge. For exaple the church. Anything they thought to be blasfumis, the person would be then killed for thinking differently. And even despite all of this and years upon years to come, human society still has not reclaimed all the information that was lost. Even to this day Humanity is still struggling
    Well thats it in a nut shell. Of cores there is so much more to it but that is as simple as I can put it.
    We need another Library like the one in ancient Alixandra, where people can come together in peace and share ideas and information with out people killing one another because of some one else's Belifes, Race, and Ethinicity.
    Last edited by Scourge; Jan 31, 2008 at 01:42 PM.

Slippery When Wet~ Trampoline Tricks 2 Champion, Togy Ball Champion highteckdudu is off to a good start highteckdudu's Avatar
    The wonderfull world of Minnesota! And I mean that!
    Thanks

I just thought of something that is a great example as to why an education is so important.
    Some of you may not know this but in Egypt there is a city called Alixandria, named after Alixander the great. Any way Alixandria when built was the capital of information. Philosophis, Ideas, Math, Science, Culturle understanding, and even technology, and they kept all of this in a massive library. In fact one of the very first computers ever made was built there. And this is way back several hundred years before Christ was born. But then the Library was burned to the ground and no one knew how the fire was started. Some say it was an axident other say it was arsen. But the fact remaind that 99.79% of all the books, writing, scrolls, and ancient machines as well as everything was gone, lost for ever, and the sad fact is that will always be lost. After the fire nothing was the same. People became stupid and ignorant when before people scrambled and worked hard to be educated. Then the Dark Ages rolled in because of the void and lack of knawlage created by ignorance, stupidity, and superstition. The world was rulled by morons. It only took a few hundred years before (Complete and total sarcasom by the way) untill the renisonse rolled around before knolage started to come back. And even then these people were riticuled and some times even murdered by the morons incharge. For exaple the church. Anything they thought to be blasfumis, the person would be then killed for thinking differently. And even despite all of this and years upon years to come, human society still has not reclaimed all the information that was lost. Even to this day Humanity is still struggling
    Well thats it in a nut shell. Of cores there is so much more to it but that is as simple as I can put it.
    We need another Library like the one in ancient Alixandra, where people can come together in peace and share ideas and information with out people killing one another because of some one else's Belifes, Race, and Ethinicity.
    One who gets nothing out of school is one who isn't trying hard enough to learn. Education is important. Granted, I used to skip classes alot when I was in high school; because I thought I was too smart for my high school. But, I've realized that just because I didn't "need" the classes, I DID need the grades! I regret every class I've skipped. I could've been in and out of college by now (instead of the crappy vocational school I attended a few years back).

Do you think people just get their jobs by simply applying?? Hellz no, they don't! They--just like myself--had to go to school, study and learn a trade. If you have no education, you can say goodbye to having a good job and hello to whoever's pulling up to the drive thru window.

Judging by your grammar, you're either too young to understand the importance of school, or you just haven't been applying yourself in school. You may think that school is un-neccessary now, but trust me, you'll catch on to what I'm saying. Let's just hope it's not too late.
    Yeah i agree with scrouge, and Atomick! See if you dont go to school you cant learn and then you cant get a decent job to support yourself, and then one thing leads to another and thigs start to happen! lol that could happen and you would be stuck at Burger King you life! lol!

I personally love school!
    I tryed to see things from your point of view but i cant seem to get my head that far up my ass!
    Visit www.highteckdudu.deviantart.com!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to highteckdudu For This Useful Post:

Scourge (Jan 31, 2008)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast