+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
Results 17 to 24 of 97

Thread: What's your view on sexuality?

  1. #17
    丹色 月影 BrightShadow_96 may be famous one day BrightShadow_96 may be famous one day BrightShadow_96's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    The piano. ♫ | ♩
    Posts
    684
    Thanks
    12
    Thanked 8 Times in 8 Posts

    Re: What's your view on sexuality?

    Not to point any fingers, but those of you who think that sexuality isn't confusing are definitely not bi- or homosexual. For a gay person, having media (movies, music, TV etc.) and society as a whole tell you that you should like the opposite sex is incredibly confusing. A lot of people underestimate how much a person can deny who they are; to the point where they believe the lies that they tell themselves.
    As for my view on sexuality...
    Every time someone brings up the subject, I can't help but think, "Why does it matter? Why should anyone care so much about who likes who?"
    Quote Originally Posted by peach_follows
    Sex is exploited... everywhere... all the time. But it is selling the body usually. in ads and what have you. Its not flagging around your preferences in bed. There are no "I like scat party's" bumper stickers.... And wearing socks that say "Foot Fetish" is an awesome idea, but I never have seen them. There's no "Bondage Parades"... Why? because only a very select few people need to know how you have sex, and who you're having it with.
    The reason that gay people celebrate who they are more than people with foot fetishes is because no one discriminates against people with foot fetishes or those who like bondage.

  2. #18
    Newbie Maclane is off to a good start Maclane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    the chillest place in the U.S. P-Glen
    Posts
    39
    Thanks
    11
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    Re: What's your view on sexuality?

    i believe it's your choice. if your a guy and you like a guy, then who cares? do what you want to. you dont see gays or lesbians knockin straight people do you?

  3. #19
    Wilde Beast GiG Racer Champion EmoNightmareRose may be famous one day EmoNightmareRose's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Ohtori Academy
    Posts
    693
    Thanks
    44
    Thanked 51 Times in 44 Posts

    Re: What's your view on sexuality?

    Quote Originally Posted by BrightShadow_96 View Post
    Not to point any fingers, but those of you who think that sexuality isn't confusing are definitely not bi- or homosexual. For a gay person, having media (movies, music, TV etc.) and society as a whole tell you that you should like the opposite sex is incredibly confusing. A lot of people underestimate how much a person can deny who they are; to the point where they believe the lies that they tell themselves.
    As for my view on sexuality...
    Every time someone brings up the subject, I can't help but think, "Why does it matter? Why should anyone care so much about who likes who?"

    The reason that gay people celebrate who they are more than people with foot fetishes is because no one discriminates against people with foot fetishes or those who like bondage.

    I disagree, there is plenty of discrimination against fetishes. Is it as publicly discriminated against as homo, pan, bi, a or pan sexual preferences? No. Many people with fetishes are sometimes viewed as bizarre, deviants or perverts.

    Anyway, this is another topic that is posted up quite often, and I state the same as always. It's whatever that person feels, and not your business to try and divert or judge.

    Another view of mine is that pan, a, tran, and bisexuals are discriminated against more than homosexuality. There is a preconceived notion set forth that sexuality orientation has to be either black or white, when that is false. Many people's sexuality is in the so-called gray area.

    But, as said, I feel it is one's own preference.

  4. #20
    Newbie 31 Bravo is off to a good start 31 Bravo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Where ever i'm deployed.
    Posts
    16
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Re: What's your view on sexuality?

    What a guy or gal does in his or her home is up to them. I don't have issues with it at all. As long as it dosn't turn into P.D.A.
    U.S. ARMY, Millitary Police Corps

  5. #21
    Otaku Tula is off to a good start Tula's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    On my way back to Philadelphia
    Posts
    238
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 26 Times in 24 Posts

    Re: What's your view on sexuality?

    Quote Originally Posted by BrightShadow_96 View Post
    Not to point any fingers, but those of you who think that sexuality isn't confusing are definitely not bi- or homosexual. For a gay person, having media (movies, music, TV etc.) and society as a whole tell you that you should like the opposite sex is incredibly confusing. A lot of people underestimate how much a person can deny who they are; to the point where they believe the lies that they tell themselves.
    As for my view on sexuality...
    Every time someone brings up the subject, I can't help but think, "Why does it matter? Why should anyone care so much about who likes who?"
    You'd better only be speaking for individuals that actually care about what others think or are too stupid to realize that large groups does not equal absolute infallibility.

    Moving on. . . . .
    Sometimes people ask inappropiate questions or questions they don't need to have answered.
    I always felt that in regards to sexuality, you should only ask if you intend to sleep with that person. Even then . . . it may not be any of your business. Unless you want to engage in sexual activites with more than one person . . . at the same time.

    Quote Originally Posted by BrightShadow_96
    The reason that gay people celebrate who they are more than people with foot fetishes is because no one discriminates against people with foot fetishes or those who like bondage.
    [/QUOTE]
    Or it could be because no matter your sexual preferences, having a fetish for feet is very unhygenic, extremely gross, and reason enough for you to have people laugh at on you on Jerry Springer.
    That and sexual likes are different than sexual orientations. One involves the individuals you sleep with the other involves what you like to during sex.

    Or it could be because for some reason homosexuals have been persecuted more often than those that like bondage. In this day and age it's so much more acceptable and in so many more places than it was a few decades ago.

    Quote Originally Posted by EmoNightmareRose View Post
    I disagree, there is plenty of discrimination against fetishes. Is it as publicly discriminated against as homo, pan, bi, a or pan sexual preferences? No. Many people with fetishes are sometimes viewed as bizarre, deviants or perverts.

    Anyway, this is another topic that is posted up quite often, and I state the same as always. It's whatever that person feels, and not your business to try and divert or judge.

    Another view of mine is that pan, a, tran, and bisexuals are discriminated against more than homosexuality. There is a preconceived notion set forth that sexuality orientation has to be either black or white, when that is false. Many people's sexuality is in the so-called gray area.

    But, as said, I feel it is one's own preference.
    I have no clue what your gender is, nor do I care.
    I just fell in love with your personality.

    If I thought relationships internet based were ideal and easy to maintain I'd ask you out. I think


  6. #22
    Otaku clover may be famous one day clover may be famous one day clover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    with my hobby in corpus christi
    Posts
    231
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 27 Times in 24 Posts

    Re: What's your view on sexuality?

    doesnt bother me at all, for the most part many of my friends and myself fall into this category and find that no matter the issue when you love and care about someone it shouldnt matter their preference to who their partner is.

    though for the most part alot of this is still discrimanated against by alot of people and vis versa. Its really confusing thing to figure who you are to being with and now find out which type of parnter youll be with. Alot of people in this state have no idea who and where theyll end up in the after math, especially if they deny deny deny what they could possibly be because they dont want to face the facts.
    Society, and the media make things alot harder for people since its not only one thing to be apart of something, but the "in" crowd, which just sets back alot of gay pride movement when people tend to do things for attention, and a soposed "good time". its better to be true to yourself than be a sheep and follow the rest of the herd

    ..........nothing is true, everything is permitted..........

  7. #23
    Poultry Projectile Cannon Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Oceanside CA
    Posts
    1,297
    Thanks
    476
    Thanked 171 Times in 152 Posts

    Re: What's your view on sexuality?

    I agree that homosexuals should be who they are and if they are pound of it then more power to them. I have no problem with gays. If they are in the closet then I ask the quest as to, why? Are you ashamed, embarrassed, believe you will be looked at differently? Well here is the thing. In every group there is something they are ashamed of, and every one is embarrassed about something, and every one is looked at by others differently no matter what.
    As for my view, I see homosexuality as unnatural as a psychological disorder (i.e.: scitsophrnia), being the fact that ones sexual perception is based off of mental stimulation of attraction. Does it happen? Yes. Is it natural? No... Unless you qualify scitsophrina as natural and meant to happen.
    How ever, its when they cross the line and start getting into peoples faces on the fact that they are gay and proud of it and force their out look onto others and being graphic about it (Talking about them wanting to make books for schools talking about soul on homosexuality and what its like) is where they go to far and then scream hate crime for any one who tells them to get out of their face because they are not interested. Also, a lot of these so called "gay rights activists" fall into the category of extreme, not all but most as they tend to be much more obnoxious, annoying, and a bit crazy and hypocritical.
    Fetishes like ENR has said is that they also have been discriminated against, how ever, like homosexuality, or any other sexual orientation, is more of a personal thing and its something you express privately, not publicly.
    The irony in all of this is that if a straight person has a sticker saying "I'm straight and love women" is seen as either a perv or some one is intolerant of gays, even though that person is only expressing them selves like gays and their stickers. I have actually seen this before, and more times then I like to admit.
    How ever, very few people actually discriminate against homosexuals now these days and are tolerated more so then many other groups. You will find most actual "hate crimes" based on race or political views then on ones sexual orientation which really makes this whole issue VERY trivial.

    Oh, Tula, ENR is a guy, he lives in Texas but wants to move back to Cali, and I don't blame him. :P
    "MY DEAR... I GIVE YOU THE CAPELLAN CONFEDERATION"
    AND THUS THE WAR WAS STARTED NOT BY GUN SHOT BUT BY WEDDING BELLS

  8. #24
    Otaku lapislazuli is off to a good start lapislazuli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    48° 07' – 48° 19' N 16° 11' – 16° 34' E or short: behind you.
    Posts
    363
    Thanks
    23
    Thanked 26 Times in 26 Posts

    Re: What's your view on sexuality?

    To me, your point of view seems a little contradictory. Comparing homosexuality to a psychological disorder, that is. If you really see it similar to schizophrenia. Seeing it as unnatural and as a rather harmful psychologica disorder which schizophrenia can be, I don't understand how you can care so less about it. Wouldn't you want to help them, or something?
    How can you not see them as a problem, if they all suffer from such an "illness"?
    Putting that aside, it's consensus that homosexuality is NOT seen as a disease. And it's not listed as a mental illness by the WHO either.
    It is your opinion to see it as such, I still advise you to read the paragraph down there (from wikipedia):
    Psychologists, psychiatrists, and other mental health professionals agree that homosexuality is not an illness, a mental disorder, or an emotional problem. More than 35 years of objective, well-designed scientific research has shown that homosexuality, in and itself, is not associated with mental disorders or emotional or social problems. Homosexuality was once thought to be a mental illness because mental health professionals and society had biased information.

    In the past, the studies of gay, lesbian, and bisexual people involved only those in therapy, thus biasing the resulting conclusions. When researchers examined data about such people who were not in therapy, the idea that homosexuality was a mental illness was quickly found to be untrue. In 1973 the American Psychiatric Association confirmed the importance of the new, better-designed research and removed homosexuality from the official manual that lists mental and emotional disorders. Two years later, the American Psychological Association passed a resolution supporting this removal.
    So the general opinion sees homosexuality definitely not as a disease, nor do I.
    It's still unclear for scientist as to what reasons for being homosexual are, otherwise we would certainly have heard of it. It is thought, however, that the main reasons include genetic and environmental factors, likely in combination.

    Now, I found it interesting that genetic factors are considered as reasons for being attracted to the same sex.
    We are built for survival, so over the thousands of years, selection ensured that only the ones who are strong and who successfully survived over the years reproduce. The natural genetic variation within our population means of course that some will survive while others won't and the ones who do, may pass their genes to the following generations.
    Hence, doesn't it mean that homosexuality is useful, in one way or the other?
    If homosexuality is still present in even today's society, over all the thousands of years of selection, evolution and reproduction then this must have some kind of reason to it, considering genetic factors as a reason for homosexuality of course.
    I'm not saying that it is like that, I just wanted to jot down this thoughts of mine. I found them to be rather interesting. I know it's kinda far-fetched.

    I understand your point about the gay rights activists. Still, over all the years of surpression and aggression towards gay people I can understand their attitude. It's not like gay people can live happy-go-lucky everywhere. They are still discriminated. I can't talk about America, but if someone's gay in Austria, he/she still faces lots of problems and still do not have the same rights as heteros.
    I agree it's much better now and it's good like that, I do think however it's important that those gay rights activists are around, to remember everyone that the situation is not cleared as to yet and to remind them of their problems. That's why some of them might wear stickers.
    If all the issues are solved, the whole thing will be expressed more privately again, I guess.

    Emo said it best: it's everyone's own decision on what he/she likes and what not. We shouldn't try to change it or judge about the pertaining person. I wholeheartedly agree on that.

    This fetish, that fetish, alright.
    You like boys? So be it.
    You like girls? So be it.
    You like both? Why not?
    You like Asians? Why, yes!
    You like Africans? Go on.
    You like Caucasian? That's fine.
    You like animals? Welllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll.
    Last edited by lapislazuli; Jun 15, 2009 at 11:00 AM.
    You are now breathing manually. :P

    E&OE;

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Please View
    By kedar in forum The Thread Vault
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: Aug 17, 2005, 10:40 AM
  2. re-view
    By whitec in forum The Thread Vault
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: Jun 02, 2005, 08:48 AM
  3. Changing sexuality
    By serge2005 in forum The Thread Vault
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: Apr 21, 2005, 04:56 AM
  4. does sexuality in games effect children?
    By geishagallows in forum The Thread Vault
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: Jan 21, 2005, 04:36 PM
  5. Sexuality
    By Phoenix of Love in forum The Thread Vault
    Replies: 63
    Last Post: Dec 20, 2004, 04:12 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts