+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
Results 25 to 32 of 97

Thread: What's your view on sexuality?

  1. #25
    丹色 月影 BrightShadow_96 may be famous one day BrightShadow_96 may be famous one day BrightShadow_96's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    The piano. ♫ | ♩
    Posts
    684
    Thanks
    12
    Thanked 8 Times in 8 Posts

    Re: What's your view on sexuality?

    Quote Originally Posted by Scourge View Post
    As for my view, I see homosexuality as unnatural as a psychological disorder (i.e.: scitsophrnia), being the fact that ones sexual perception is based off of mental stimulation of attraction.
    We all have a mental disorder. That is the definition of thought and humanity.

  2. #26
    Wilde Beast GiG Racer Champion EmoNightmareRose may be famous one day EmoNightmareRose's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Ohtori Academy
    Posts
    693
    Thanks
    44
    Thanked 51 Times in 44 Posts

    Re: What's your view on sexuality?

    Quote Originally Posted by Scourge View Post
    I agree that homosexuals should be who they are and if they are pound of it then more power to them. I have no problem with gays. If they are in the closet then I ask the quest as to, why? Are you ashamed, embarrassed, believe you will be looked at differently? Well here is the thing. In every group there is something they are ashamed of, and every one is embarrassed about something, and every one is looked at by others differently no matter what.
    As for my view, I see homosexuality as unnatural as a psychological disorder (i.e.: scitsophrnia), being the fact that ones sexual perception is based off of mental stimulation of attraction. Does it happen? Yes. Is it natural? No... Unless you qualify scitsophrina as natural and meant to happen.
    How ever, its when they cross the line and start getting into peoples faces on the fact that they are gay and proud of it and force their out look onto others and being graphic about it (Talking about them wanting to make books for schools talking about soul on homosexuality and what its like) is where they go to far and then scream hate crime for any one who tells them to get out of their face because they are not interested. Also, a lot of these so called "gay rights activists" fall into the category of extreme, not all but most as they tend to be much more obnoxious, annoying, and a bit crazy and hypocritical.
    Fetishes like ENR has said is that they also have been discriminated against, how ever, like homosexuality, or any other sexual orientation, is more of a personal thing and its something you express privately, not publicly.
    The irony in all of this is that if a straight person has a sticker saying "I'm straight and love women" is seen as either a perv or some one is intolerant of gays, even though that person is only expressing them selves like gays and their stickers. I have actually seen this before, and more times then I like to admit.
    How ever, very few people actually discriminate against homosexuals now these days and are tolerated more so then many other groups. You will find most actual "hate crimes" based on race or political views then on ones sexual orientation which really makes this whole issue VERY trivial.

    Oh, Tula, ENR is a guy, he lives in Texas but wants to move back to Cali, and I don't blame him. :P
    1. I agree. I honestly find no point in someone overdoing telling everyone they're gay. For instance, I knew someone who whenever they met another person, they'd say. "Oh, and I'm gay." I didn't have a problem with them being gay, but they brought that up at every moment they could.
    Necessary? No. Simply because I don't talk about being straight all the time. It's one thing to be proud and say it once, or be proud and show off your partner like a normal couple, but bringing it up over and over feels like you're trying to rope people out. Just because they're talking about an issue that is normally a private issue.
    That's their sexual preference, and while I'm open about talking about sex, not everyone is, and I can see the discomfort on their face. And then People get offended because its taken as being intolerant of gays, when in fact, some people in general just don't like talking about sex itself.

    2. I don't find it as a disorder. Mainly because there's nothing to treat it, theres nothing to cure it, and its embedded in the DNA of human behaviour. More like sexual instinct chip then disease or mental disorder in my view.
    But instead of it being listed under disease/disorder/illness, I feel it should be listed under sexual behavior. Which can include sexual preference of any kind, fetishes, and simply everything that one finds sexual in their mind. Its not something you can change, in other words.

    3. And while I don't like people to flaunt being gay at every possible moment, like lapis said, I can still see why they do that. But by doing that, they are separating themselves and wedging that barrier between them and people of other sexual preference. I think equal treatment is if we stay in the norm for people of all preference. For instance, showing off your partner, going out in public, etc. and others treating them like normal in return.

    4. Dude, at least you didn't give out all my information.
    Anyway, Tula, thanks for the compliment.

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to EmoNightmareRose For This Useful Post:

    Scourge (Jun 15, 2009)

  4. #27
    Poultry Projectile Cannon Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Oceanside CA
    Posts
    1,297
    Thanks
    476
    Thanked 171 Times in 152 Posts

    Re: What's your view on sexuality?

    I was basing my view on the fact that the science of attraction is based on mental stimulation of what the person views depending on how it is wired. Most people agree that homosexuality is not a choice and that they are born that way, they even say them selves they are "hardwired" that way.
    Science has proven that ANY form of emotional stimulation is from certain aspects of the brain, even what a person is attracted to, sexual preferences even, what aspect of the opposite sex do they find most appealing. This is all decoded in the Limbix system of the Human brain.

    Now you are right, and I should have known better, it is not a mental illness and did not mean to make a remark to it as such which is a mistake on my part and poor comparison. How ever, if I am not mistaken, there is a difference between a female and male Limbix, even scanned, its all based on configuration of chemical signals and other what nots which can be seen. Homosexuality IS a mental state, like any other thing one finds appealing. HOW EVER, just because it accurse, does not mean it is natural as it serves no purpose to a species. Now there are studies that show homosexuality to be some what hereditary do to testing, but have found no real cause for it. There have also been extensive gene testing, and some of those who have said "they MAY have found a possible answer" which they called the 'X' chromosome (X for unknown, not gender) how ever their tests have shown that this chromosome plays no part in sexual orientation in any way as well as for the fact that many homosexuals do not even have this chromosome.
    So homosexuality is not a choice, you are born with it or your not... It is some how hereditary based on observation, how ever there are nothing that would carry this genetic information to define their homosexual orientation. So we have an effect with no cause. Which would classify it as unnatural, almost a fanamana of sort.

    Further more... I am not saying they should be gudged or discriminated or hated. I am just trying to look at this scientificly as there is a reason for everything. Cause and effect which is homosexual cases have a effect with no cause... It just happens and there is nothing to support it from accuring which leaves me scratching my head. All in all it is iteresting, but at the same time I believe it to be moot in the grand sceam of things and not import or to get pissy over or to be happy go lucky. If your happy being gay, thats fine by me, just don't try to hit on me and we will get along fine. If your not happy being gay, well then I personely think you need to come to grips with your self. If you have something against gays then I guess you should just have a live and let live kind of mind set. They are born that way for what ever reason, there are those who do not want to have a homosexual wiring but they are stuck that way and can not change that, as for those who don't have a problem being gay, who cares.

    As for the gay rights activists, what I was mentioning this is that most of them are border line exstream in some cases. I am all for talking about it and making people aware and blah blah blah, but don't get in peoples face about it and don't get so damn offeneded when you come accross some one who simply disagrees with you but are willing to have live and let live mind set.

    Lap, if I read that right, not sure if I did or not. But were you talking about it as a way of removing infearior genes from Humanity by creating a dead end of sorts? If that is the case then it has failed miserably as I constantly run accrosse people who should have not been born. XD

    I hope that cleared it up.

    One more thing... Your welcome ENR. Just looking out for ya. :P
    Last edited by Scourge; Jun 15, 2009 at 01:03 PM.
    "MY DEAR... I GIVE YOU THE CAPELLAN CONFEDERATION"
    AND THUS THE WAR WAS STARTED NOT BY GUN SHOT BUT BY WEDDING BELLS

  5. #28
    Otaku Tula is off to a good start Tula's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    On my way back to Philadelphia
    Posts
    238
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 26 Times in 24 Posts

    Re: What's your view on sexuality?

    Quote Originally Posted by Scourge View Post
    As for my view, I see homosexuality as unnatural as a psychological disorder (i.e.: scitsophrnia), being the fact that ones sexual perception is based off of mental stimulation of attraction. Does it happen? Yes. Is it natural? No... Unless you qualify scitsophrina as natural and meant to happen.
    Attraction is not bound to mental stimulation.
    Studies have shown that being attracted to someone is also a chemical process.
    In the case of homsexuality, this is one of those rare (emphasis on rare) instances where it is not the man's fault. It's the woman's. Specifically the mother.
    One study showed that some women more or less became "allergic" to males and after giving birth to a son, the chances of the next one being a homosexual or at the very least lack an attraction to women goes up. While in the womb, mothers exchange nutrients and wastes with the fetus. During this time period it is possible for offpspring to also exchange certain geentic material. In the case of male offspring, whatever it is that they are exchanging with their mom, some women's bodies react negatively toward it and develop antibodies that target these foreign objects. In the future, should said woman give birth to a male, the chances of the male lacking an attraction to women goes up because once the antibodies lock onto him they alter his being (for lack of a better phrasing). It is uknown if female offspring do the same thing, which indicates that the antibodies target something specific to Y (male) chromosome.

    Schizophrenia is a mental disorder, characterized by delusions, hallucinations, and sometimes paranoia. If you're delusional, or hallucinate things that aren't there, there is a serious problem. You shuold seek help.
    If you want to have sex with someone with the same parts as you . . . as long as everything fits, there isn't a serious problem.

    Quote Originally Posted by Scourge View Post
    How ever, its when they cross the line and start getting into peoples faces on the fact that they are gay and proud of it and force their out look onto others and being graphic about it (Talking about them wanting to make books for schools talking about soul on homosexuality and what its like) is where they go to far and then scream hate crime for any one who tells them to get out of their face because they are not interested. Also, a lot of these so called "gay rights activists" fall into the category of extreme, not all but most as they tend to be much more obnoxious, annoying, and a bit crazy and hypocritical.
    Almost all activists are extremists.
    The difference is homosexual don't knock on my door at 6AM telling me that I am a sinner and would it be ok for them to come in educate me on the error of my ways. (Jehovah's witnesses)
    I have never had a homosexual picket me outside my faovirte restaurant for eating meat and then call me an animal killer while they stand there wearing 120$ sneakers made from cow hide. (Vegetarians)
    As far as I can see, homosexuals want to get laid, and don't mind saying so. And since I like men too, I'm game.

    As for school . . . . .
    If school is supposed to be an establishment that teaches you about the world and prepares you for the working world what is wrong with homosexual literature and other stuff?
    The world is full of homosexuals. The way I see it, if you take homosexual stuff out you may as well get rid of classes like government & politics, sex education, and women's studies.
    At some point or other all of those subjects will touch on one group or other that was persecuted. The point of history in general is to learn from your mistakes.
    You forget that homosexuals are not and will not be the last group of individuals to be persecuted. If you ignore them, pretend they do not exist aren't you just feeding into some dead person's ideals of what a country and a world should be like and teaching kids to hate or at the very least, not like homosexuals or any other person that is not the way they are?
    You are in essence promoting a culture that caters to drones and frowns upon anyone or anything that does not fit the mold.

    Quote Originally Posted by Scourge View Post
    Fetishes like ENR has said is that they also have been discriminated against, how ever, like homosexuality, or any other sexual orientation, is more of a personal thing and its something you express privately, not publicly.
    The irony in all of this is that if a straight person has a sticker saying "I'm straight and love women" is seen as either a perv or some one is intolerant of gays, even though that person is only expressing them selves like gays and their stickers. I have actually seen this before, and more times then I like to admit.
    How ever, very few people actually discriminate against homosexuals now these days and are tolerated more so then many other groups. You will find most actual "hate crimes" based on race or political views then on ones sexual orientation which really makes this whole issue VERY trivial.
    Fetishes and sexuality are two different things.
    Fetishes are sort of like hobbies or interests but with a different word. These are things that are kind of unchangeable. Like your ethnicity. For a pedophile a fetish might be kiddie porn. There's a difference between the two and a really big one.
    But I agree that in some instances, neither is something you'd want to acknowledge in the privacy of your own home or where ever.

    But I disagree. This isn't a trivial matter when there are homosexuals in this country that cannot get married or when you consider the fact that there are many nations in the world that will not accept or tolerate homosexual unions.

    Quote Originally Posted by Scourge View Post
    Oh, Tula, ENR is a guy, he lives in Texas but wants to move back to Cali, and I don't blame him. :P
    I don't either. Texas is probably one of the worst places to live. Ironically I imagine it's a really tough place to live if you're a homosexual. I think they still have sodomy laws in effect.

    Quote Originally Posted by EmoNightmareRose View Post
    1. I agree. I honestly find no point in someone overdoing telling everyone they're gay. For instance, I knew someone who whenever they met another person, they'd say. "Oh, and I'm gay." I didn't have a problem with them being gay, but they brought that up at every moment they could.
    Necessary? No. Simply because I don't talk about being straight all the time. It's one thing to be proud and say it once, or be proud and show off your partner like a normal couple, but bringing it up over and over feels like you're trying to rope people out. Just because they're talking about an issue that is normally a private issue.
    That's their sexual preference, and while I'm open about talking about sex, not everyone is, and I can see the discomfort on their face. And then People get offended because its taken as being intolerant of gays, when in fact, some people in general just don't like talking about sex itself.
    I'm not sure if this is a generational thing or a cultural thing but over the past 6 years, I've noticed that the more younger people I meet the more open they are regardless of the setting.
    Most homosexuals I know are pretty average joe people. Sure they may have a few rainbow tattoos in some interesting places, and they may like looking at certain magazines for different reasons than I have, but they're generally aware that there's a time and place for everything. The dinner table with your parents is not the place to discuss sexual position on what your new sweet spot is.

    Quote Originally Posted by EmoNightmareRose View Post
    3. And while I don't like people to flaunt being gay at every possible moment, like lapis said, I can still see why they do that. But by doing that, they are separating themselves and wedging that barrier between them and people of other sexual preference. I think equal treatment is if we stay in the norm for people of all preference. For instance, showing off your partner, going out in public, etc. and others treating them like normal in return.
    I think this is an American thing.
    Almost any other place in the world that I've been for one reason or other, any person that stood out or was different for whatever reason (race, gender, religion, sexual prefernce) did not find a need to flaunt their differences. And under most circumstances they got along well with everyone else and vice verse.
    I think this need to flaunt your differences stems from the way the US has almost persecuted and ostracized large groups of individuals for some of the stupidest of reasons.
    I've been to a lot places in the US and crosses a lot of state lines and one of the biggest things I notice in most place is that there are invisible barriers amongst people that are erected in much the same way family secrets are buried and lost over generation. The amount of hate and tension between some people in the US is something I will never fully grasp/understand, but if I were a gay person and based on some of the things I've seen, I think I'd be inclined to scream and shout my sexuality almost every chance I got. Thank god I don't.

    Quote Originally Posted by EmoNightmareRose View Post
    4. Dude, at least you didn't give out all my information.
    Anyway, Tula, thanks for the compliment.

  6. #29
    丹色 月影 BrightShadow_96 may be famous one day BrightShadow_96 may be famous one day BrightShadow_96's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    The piano. ♫ | ♩
    Posts
    684
    Thanks
    12
    Thanked 8 Times in 8 Posts

    Re: What's your view on sexuality?

    Everyone keeps mentioning gay people shoving the fact that they're gay in your face, but...
    Those people are NOT just gay people, they are gay rights activists(whether they call themselves this or not). And there is a huge difference. I am a vegetarian, & I will almost never mention that unless someone offers me food with meat in it. That is because I am a vegetarian, and not an animal rights activist. Not all Christians talk about god all of the time, & not all gay people talk about having sex all of the time. Any incidences of a gay person going on and on about being gay is an isolated incident; every person is a different person.

  7. #30
    Poultry Projectile Cannon Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Oceanside CA
    Posts
    1,297
    Thanks
    476
    Thanked 171 Times in 152 Posts

    Re: What's your view on sexuality?

    Tula, my post that you quoted from is probably not the best one and there for my second one after that was much better and clear.
    Also, you are correct that many instances is that emotional stimulation is also chemical, HOW EVER, most if not all of these stimulation accurse in the brain, which is just a factory of chemical and electrical signals, so I am still right

    I also mentioned that it is hereditary in my second post, HOW EVER; no one can find a cause for it as there doesn’t seam to be a gene that would carry this genetic information or would lead to it.
    You should have really read my second post if you have not as many of this stuff I already mentioned to a much better extent. I even said my first was poor and made also a poor comparison so if any one quotes me again please let it be by the second posts, not the first.

    That was the point I was kind of trying to make there, that these activists are extreme, and really put a bad image on the gay community as I know most of them are not nut jobs.
    Also, there is nothing wrong about knowing about homosexuality, the books that they want to install in schools is very graphical and not all that educational as it mostly talks about their experiences during sexual encounters and not so much on their history. Not to mention that they want to implement this at a very young age, we are talking about below middle school where even heterosexuality is not talked about.

    The fetish remark I was referring to is something that is done in privet, not publicly. Talking about them as separate things, which they are and I am not arguing that, how ever you mist that point I was trying to make completely by looking deeper into something that was not all that deep.

    How is it not a trivial matter? Homosexual get the exact same rights as married couples... The definition of marriage is between a man and a women do to the fact it’s a start of a new family which involves in procreation of children and starting literary a new life... Unless homosexuals can suddenly and naturally change their gender genetically to male or female like some fish, lizards, or frogs do, other wise tough luck. Not to mention the fact that the whole issue on gay marriage is not even based on love and the right to be together that you here about. I have done my own snooping around on forums and articles and found that they want this so they can be seen as NORMAL. If most people don't really care that you’re homosexual then why are they so insecure? It’s because they them selves are insecure on some level and want a peace of paper to SAY they are normal. This has nothing to do about love and rights on this matter.

    I wouldn’t know all about that in Texas there Tula but I do here that most places there are not all that good. No offense to any one who lives in Texas.

    To answer you question pertaining to ENR there Tula, I wouldn’t be surprised if it is an American thing, we have a bunch of big mouths on all sides of the fence with a bunch of people who talk about all sorts of dumb things... Which is WHY I view this whole matter as trivial do to the fact that I find a nut job in North Korea a little more for cause of alarm who is threataning the world with nukes more pressing then some one who feels left out because of their sexual oriantation.
    "MY DEAR... I GIVE YOU THE CAPELLAN CONFEDERATION"
    AND THUS THE WAR WAS STARTED NOT BY GUN SHOT BUT BY WEDDING BELLS

  8. #31
    丹色 月影 BrightShadow_96 may be famous one day BrightShadow_96 may be famous one day BrightShadow_96's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    The piano. ♫ | ♩
    Posts
    684
    Thanks
    12
    Thanked 8 Times in 8 Posts

    Re: What's your view on sexuality?

    Quote Originally Posted by Scourge View Post
    . I have done my own snooping around on forums and articles and found that they want this so they can be seen as NORMAL. If most people don't really care that you’re homosexual then why are they so insecure? It’s because they them selves are insecure on some level and want a peace of paper to SAY they are normal. This has nothing to do about love and rights on this matter.
    WHAT THE F***?
    Gay people do NOT have the same marriage rights as straight couples. Maybe you should snoop through legal documents of real gay couples.
    Also, how the f*** do you know whether people are in love or not? There are tons of straight gold-diggers, and people who do not marry for love. But, to the contrary, there are straight couples who DO marry for love, just as gay couples do.
    I'm gay, and the thing that I want the most in this whole f***ing world is love, and you are trying to say that I want to appear f***ing normal. I don't give a flying f*** whether people think I'm normal; I just don't want people calling "queer" every time I pass by.
    FYI; Gay people have the same f***ing emotions as straight people. In fact, gay and straight people are EXACTLY alike, except for ONE thing; they like the same sex. BIG F***ING DEAL.

  9. #32
    Wilde Beast GiG Racer Champion EmoNightmareRose may be famous one day EmoNightmareRose's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Ohtori Academy
    Posts
    693
    Thanks
    44
    Thanked 51 Times in 44 Posts

    Re: What's your view on sexuality?

    Just saying this right now, from what I've seen and dealt with from the youth (middle to high school) in Texas, there are predominately more 'Out' gays/bi persons here. And honestly, most of them are NOT what I feel is gay. Because 3 out of 5 people said that they were gay because they're friend was and they want to 'get back' at their parents. That or many claim bisexual just to be 'cool'. Which is another thing that gets on my nerves SO BAD. ><

    Some girls claim to be bisexual or engage in bisexual behaviour to impress males. Umm...What the F**K? And then they wonder why I tell them that that's not really your natural sexual orientation, its forced to try to grab the attention of the opposite sex. Its one thing if you really are bisexual, but many people here claim it, but say that they are really straight and only said that to be 'cool' or rebellious.

    But that's not just here, I know. I just felt like bringing that up because that is the predominate sexual activity here.

    But from going to public school in California for about...10 years..I'll say that there are more gays/transgenders there. (not to many bisexuals) But not all of them are 'out'. Many of them are very private about the situation. With a few exceptions of course.

    Which is kind of surprising if you think about it. However, in Texas, there are still camps to 'pray the gay away'. In California, I think people are more tolerant of it, so people don't have to scream it out everywhere they go. Needless to say, Texan youth loves Katy Perry's 'I Kissed a Girl'. Because every party I've ever gone to here has at least 1 moment where they play it, everyone sings it, and the self proclaimed 'bi community', kisses each other for the attention of the other gender.

    by the way: Having a sister who is actually a bisexual, I'm not saying all bi/pan sexuals are not 'real'. But the ones are act it only gain attention for straight activity normally aren't. Its one thing if you truly are sexually attracted to both genders, but that was not the case in the above examples.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Please View
    By kedar in forum The Thread Vault
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: Aug 17, 2005, 10:40 AM
  2. re-view
    By whitec in forum The Thread Vault
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: Jun 02, 2005, 08:48 AM
  3. Changing sexuality
    By serge2005 in forum The Thread Vault
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: Apr 21, 2005, 04:56 AM
  4. does sexuality in games effect children?
    By geishagallows in forum The Thread Vault
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: Jan 21, 2005, 04:36 PM
  5. Sexuality
    By Phoenix of Love in forum The Thread Vault
    Replies: 63
    Last Post: Dec 20, 2004, 04:12 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts