+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: What's your view on sexuality?

Otaku Tula is off to a good start Tula's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: What's your view on sexuality?

Quote Originally Posted by Scourge View Post
    Tula, my post that you quoted from is probably not the best one and there for my second one after that was much better and clear.
    Also, you are correct that many instances is that emotional stimulation is also chemical, HOW EVER, most if not all of these stimulation accurse in the brain, which is just a factory of chemical and electrical signals, so I am still right
    Since this is not something I doubt or will argue against in this discussion. . . fine.

I also mentioned that it is hereditary in my second post, HOW EVER; no one can find a cause for it as there doesn’t seam to be a gene that would carry this genetic information or would lead to it.
    You should have really read my second post if you have not as many of this stuff I already mentioned to a much better extent. I even said my first was poor and made also a poor comparison so if any one quotes me again please let it be by the second posts, not the first.
    If going by recent studies, homosexuality in men is a mutation due to environmental stimuli while they are in the womb. Basically it's the mom's fault. The past 2 or 3 reesearch studies though. . . if you go by those alone the results are either inconclusive or the relationship between the two isn't cause and effect. Take that for what it's worth.

That was the point I was kind of trying to make there, that these activists are extreme, and really put a bad image on the gay community as I know most of them are not nut jobs.
    Also, there is nothing wrong about knowing about homosexuality, the books that they want to install in schools is very graphical and not all that educational as it mostly talks about their experiences during sexual encounters and not so much on their history. Not to mention that they want to implement this at a very young age, we are talking about below middle school where even heterosexuality is not talked about.
    How many books in a school system's curriculum are educational? So basically you'll be getting rid of any book that isn't a text book.

How is it not a trivial matter? Homosexual get the exact same rights as married couples... The definition of marriage is between a man and a women do to the fact it’s a start of a new family which involves in procreation of children and starting literary a new life... Unless homosexuals can suddenly and naturally change their gender genetically to male or female like some fish, lizards, or frogs do, other wise tough luck. Not to mention the fact that the whole issue on gay marriage is not even based on love and the right to be together that you here about. I have done my own snooping around on forums and articles and found that they want this so they can be seen as NORMAL. If most people don't really care that you’re homosexual then why are they so insecure? It’s because they them selves are insecure on some level and want a peace of paper to SAY they are normal. This has nothing to do about love and rights on this matter.
    Lies.
    How many married women and men are there in the world that can not reproduce?
    This is the same arguement the Catholic Church used decades ago to justify why in vitro fertilization was amoral.

I'm not sure what normal is but I always thought that marriage was for people that loved each other. Since that's the usual course of action for this sorta thing why can't homosexuals get married?
    I'm not sure insecurity has anything to do with it. It's more like you want to be able to have the same rights as other people.

I wouldn’t know all about that in Texas there Tula but I do here that most places there are not all that good. No offense to any one who lives in Texas.
    I'm not sure if Sodomy laws are in effect but I know they were during the 90s. I haven't been checking up to date on that since I avoid Texas like the plague. At any rate the laws were meant to ban any sexual activites that could not lead to procreation (oral sex, anal sex, beastiality, etc). I think you either had to pay a fine or go to jail for a small amount of time. No matter the punishment, how the heck someone knows what kind of sex you're having is not something I want to consider.

To answer you question pertaining to ENR there Tula, I wouldn’t be surprised if it is an American thing, we have a bunch of big mouths on all sides of the fence with a bunch of people who talk about all sorts of dumb things... Which is WHY I view this whole matter as trivial do to the fact that I find a nut job in North Korea a little more for cause of alarm who is threataning the world with nukes more pressing then some one who feels left out because of their sexual oriantation.
    An injustice anywhere is an injustice everywhere.
    I'll never understand how people prioritze their lives.
    In your own country, there is an injustice being committed in a majority of places. But you're focus is on North Korea. Regardless of which is 'more imporant' neither are trivial.

Quote Originally Posted by BrightShadow_96 View Post
    WHAT THE F***?
    Gay people do NOT have the same marriage rights as straight couples. Maybe you should snoop through legal documents of real gay couples.
    Also, how the f*** do you know whether people are in love or not? There are tons of straight gold-diggers, and people who do not marry for love. But, to the contrary, there are straight couples who DO marry for love, just as gay couples do.
    I'm gay, and the thing that I want the most in this whole f***ing world is love, and you are trying to say that I want to appear f***ing normal. I don't give a flying f*** whether people think I'm normal; I just don't want people calling "queer" every time I pass by.
    FYI; Gay people have the same f***ing emotions as straight people. In fact, gay and straight people are EXACTLY alike, except for ONE thing; they like the same sex. BIG F***ING DEAL.
    Highlight of my day
    Oh yes they do, at least in Cali and a few other states, they can go down to the cort house and get a marrage license with out actually getting married and have the same/similar benofits as a straight married couple. Go look for your self. If they are considered married under the eyes of the law I really do not care, but under the actual deffenition and process of marrage is where I say no and then point to the deffenition.
    Same and similar are two different words. If two things are the same then they are identical. If two things are similar then they are almost alike but not quite. Unless homosexuals are getting the SAME benefits of marriage afforded heterosexual couples there's a problem. I'm not a homosexual and I find it amoral, treacherous, and degrading. Specifically when talking about the US, anytime you have individuals that have been married more than once, make a career out of getting huge divorce settlements, or there are reality shows such as The Bachelor, The bachelorette, I Love New York, or any other televised series that is accessible to children and underlies whatever sanctity marriage is supposed to have, there is a serious problem. Personally, I have no idea why any homosexual that took marriage seriously would want to get married in the US. How valid would a marriage certificate be in the land of the debauched, depraved, and divorced?

Regardless of what marriage means, since the concept behind its development (why it became necessary) is pretty much outdated by about a century, the fact that people (heterosexuals and homosexual alike) still get married at all nowadays is really stupid.

As for the child part, I am going to have to go with what ever benofits the child the most, when children get in valved, it does not matter on whats fair or not but rather on what is best for the child, which I am sure you would agree on. Hell, there are even straight couples who I believe who should not have a child because of the impact it has on their development.
    Three real life stories:
    1. A heterosexual married couple could not have children. They thought kids would save their failing marriage. They paid money for an egg donor, money for sperm from a sperm bank, and money for a surrogate mother. The couple divorced before the child was even born? Who was the parent? The courts decided that the divorced couple were.

2. A single unmarried heterosexual man wanted to have a child. He gave his sperm to an agency they found him an egg donor and a surrogate. He purposefully murdered his child shortly after it was born.

3. Two homosexual males in a relationship with one another wanted to have kids. They both had jobs, could afford to take care of a child, had neevr been arrested, seemed like your average everyda good Samaritans. They went to over a dozen adoption agencies, filled out all the paper work, only to be denied when it was realized that neither was married because of state laws. They ended up adopting overseas.

Summary:
    two heterosexual couples paid to have a child made and ultimately neither child was getting a good deal. But a homosexual couple (and I'm sure they weren't the only ones) wanted t adopt a child, prevent our taxes from going to yet another 'ward of the state' and they get turned down.
    Last edited by Tula; Jun 17, 2009 at 12:24 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Tula For This Useful Post:

BrightShadow_96 (Jun 21, 2009)

Otaku lapislazuli is off to a good start lapislazuli's Avatar
    48° 07' – 48° 19' N 16° 11' – 16° 34' E or short: behind you.
    Thanks

This again is going to be a little far-fetched. :P
    It's not like homosexuals want to have marriage. They want equality. To give straight people "marriage" and gay people "civil union" is not good enough, and in a way I certainly understand that.
    All this talk about marriage is ridiculous in the first place. I don't even understand how the State is still managing a thing like that.
    Is it really the governments prerogative to legislate on these matters when the ground for said legislation isn't even based on religious, but much more on objective grounds? No.
    Marriage is a religious institution. When religious people bitch about gay people being not allowed to marry, then so be it. It's not like it could really be changed by talking about this matter.
    Religions, doesn't matter which, can define marriage in whichever way they want. But I think the state as the state should have one defined way of managing this issue.
    The state shouldn't manage marriage, but civil unions. Civil unions for everyone, including homosexuals. So that they are really treated the same way by the state, not only getting the same rights.
    What the rest is doing with this „marriage“, I don't care at all.

And Tula, I think you answered yor question already, that is, why people want to get married.
    „I'm not sure what normal is but I always thought that marriage was for people that loved each other.“
    If they love each other, it doesn't matter where it is and in what kind of state it is.
    They still want to get married. It seems to be something to ultimately prove the love for each other, or something. Don't ask me though, ask someone who wants to get married.

I think most of the problems children who are adopted by a homosexual couple face, is exactly that this is seen as something different still. So they might get looked at or „discriminated“ for something which isn't really their problem in the first place.
    Other than that, I have absolute faith in homosexual couples that they would handle childcare the same way as all the other couples do out there.
    You are now breathing manually. :P

E&OE;

Poultry Projectile Cannon Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tula View Post
    Since this is not something I doubt or will argue against in this discussion. . . fine.

If going by recent studies, homosexuality in men is a mutation due to environmental stimuli while they are in the womb. Basically it's the mom's fault. The past 2 or 3 reesearch studies though. . . if you go by those alone the results are either inconclusive or the relationship between the two isn't cause and effect. Take that for what it's worth.

How many books in a school system's curriculum are educational? So basically you'll be getting rid of any book that isn't a text book.

Lies.
    How many married women and men are there in the world that can not reproduce?
    This is the same arguement the Catholic Church used decades ago to justify why in vitro fertilization was amoral.

I'm not sure what normal is but I always thought that marriage was for people that loved each other. Since that's the usual course of action for this sorta thing why can't homosexuals get married?
    I'm not sure insecurity has anything to do with it. It's more like you want to be able to have the same rights as other people.

I'm not sure if Sodomy laws are in effect but I know they were during the 90s. I haven't been checking up to date on that since I avoid Texas like the plague. At any rate the laws were meant to ban any sexual activites that could not lead to procreation (oral sex, anal sex, beastiality, etc). I think you either had to pay a fine or go to jail for a small amount of time. No matter the punishment, how the heck someone knows what kind of sex you're having is not something I want to consider.

An injustice anywhere is an injustice everywhere.
    I'll never understand how people prioritze their lives.
    In your own country, there is an injustice being committed in a majority of places. But you're focus is on North Korea. Regardless of which is 'more imporant' neither are trivial.

Highlight of my day

Same and similar are two different words. If two things are the same then they are identical. If two things are similar then they are almost alike but not quite. Unless homosexuals are getting the SAME benefits of marriage afforded heterosexual couples there's a problem. I'm not a homosexual and I find it amoral, treacherous, and degrading. Specifically when talking about the US, anytime you have individuals that have been married more than once, make a career out of getting huge divorce settlements, or there are reality shows such as The Bachelor, The bachelorette, I Love New York, or any other televised series that is accessible to children and underlies whatever sanctity marriage is supposed to have, there is a serious problem. Personally, I have no idea why any homosexual that took marriage seriously would want to get married in the US. How valid would a marriage certificate be in the land of the debauched, depraved, and divorced?

Regardless of what marriage means, since the concept behind its development (why it became necessary) is pretty much outdated by about a century, the fact that people (heterosexuals and homosexual alike) still get married at all nowadays is really stupid.

Three real life stories:
    1. A heterosexual married couple could not have children. They thought kids would save their failing marriage. They paid money for an egg donor, money for sperm from a sperm bank, and money for a surrogate mother. The couple divorced before the child was even born? Who was the parent? The courts decided that the divorced couple were.

2. A single unmarried heterosexual man wanted to have a child. He gave his sperm to an agency they found him an egg donor and a surrogate. He purposefully murdered his child shortly after it was born.

3. Two homosexual males in a relationship with one another wanted to have kids. They both had jobs, could afford to take care of a child, had neevr been arrested, seemed like your average everyda good Samaritans. They went to over a dozen adoption agencies, filled out all the paper work, only to be denied when it was realized that neither was married because of state laws. They ended up adopting overseas.

Summary:
    two heterosexual couples paid to have a child made and ultimately neither child was getting a good deal. But a homosexual couple (and I'm sure they weren't the only ones) wanted t adopt a child, prevent our taxes from going to yet another 'ward of the state' and they get turned down.
    1: Agreed

2: Then we are at a relative stale mate on this matter as I have been talking about occurrences on the matter of the infant in the womb and development but both studies, being inputs and or by genes, both are in conclusive.

3: Then what is the point of having a book about homosexuals and the benefit that brings? None

4: That is the out look of it, but you do not need to be married to show ones love for another which throws a wrench in that argument as there are many people who are not married who have been together for YEARS some times all their life with out getting married and yet are perfectly happy.
    As for a heterosexual couple being unable to procreate can be caused by genetic disorders such as build up of cist in the women’s ovary or a man being sterile which can also be brought about by other means as well. The list of causes go on. Where as a women and women and a man and a man just simply can not procreate together, so that argument and comparison is a poor one and there for invalid. As you and every one else here agrees that homosexuality is not a disease or an illness or a genetic disorder or what ever, but in all cases where a heterosexual couple and their inability to procreate is based on such handy caps where as homosexuals just simply can not.

5: Because there are certain things you just can't put off or seen as equal priority. If say Kim was about to fire a nuke at (______)<- insert countries name here. You can not just call up and say, hey listen, we have gay rights issues going on, can you launch the nuke some other time? Thanks. There are things that are more important then others. An example of which is this. The possibility of extreme loss of life, or the fact that a group of people based on their sexual orientation feel left out.
    I am not asking you or any one to like it. Just deal with it.

6: Based on the fact that different states have different laws regarding the same issues is where I was getting at there.
    As for those shows which make a mockery of people committed to each other then yes I would agree that is all mest up and there are in fact many people who view these shows as vile nonsense, how ever if say gay marriage is allowed, then what is stopping these shows from doing the same thing to homosexuals as well as the heterosexuals? And if you think Homosexuals will not do the same thing and jump in and out of marriages to exploit the other then you are also mistaken. Fact of the matter is this crap happens every where and not just the US.

7: That I would have to agree. The world has degraded the value of marriage and its meaning, which is why I personally have no problem in not being married at all as long as I am still with a very special person as long as possible, hopefully the rest of my life.

8: As for your life stories, the first two is not normal procreation. The third is do in part because studies are being made to see if a child being brought up by two homosexual couples would have the same development as being in a heterosexual family.

As for Lap, I agree for the most part, how ever, Gov. does not really have the say in the matter here in the US as it does in Europ, two different ways in doing Gov. practices and these matters are left up to states to decide which is why a few states made gay marrage legal while the other alow civial unions.
    Also, yes religon no matter which ones they are were the first to define marriage which as I said doesnt just about love but also being able for the two to bear children and start a family. And countries and states have adopted this into their general laws all around the world. So they are no longer just religos law, but state, and Gov. laws.
    Last edited by Scourge; Jun 17, 2009 at 11:13 AM.
    "MY DEAR... I GIVE YOU THE CAPELLAN CONFEDERATION"
    AND THUS THE WAR WAS STARTED NOT BY GUN SHOT BUT BY WEDDING BELLS

Thanks

2: Then we are at a relative stale mate on this matter as I have been talking about occurrences on the matter of the infant in the womb and development but both studies, being inputs and or by genes, both are in conclusive.
    No stalemate.
    As of right now, the only homosexuals science can't explicitly explain is homosexuality in women. . .

3: Then what is the point of having a book about homosexuals and the benefit that brings? None
    Also, there is nothing wrong about knowing about homosexuality, the books that they want to install in schools is very graphical and not all that educational as it mostly talks about their experiences during sexual encounters and not so much on their history. Not to mention that they want to implement this at a very young age, we are talking about below middle school where even heterosexuality is not talked about.
    If you take out a book from a shcool curriculum on the basis that it is uneducational, you will be getting rid of every book except text books. (I know, I already said this.)
    Books like the Great Gatsby, Huck Finn, and a ton of others.

As for a heterosexual couple being unable to procreate can be caused by genetic disorders such as build up of cist in the women’s ovary or a man being sterile which can also be brought about by other means as well. The list of causes go on. Where as a women and women and a man and a man just simply can not procreate together, so that argument and comparison is a poor one and there for invalid. As you and every one else here agrees that homosexuality is not a disease or an illness or a genetic disorder or what ever, but in all cases where a heterosexual couple and their inability to procreate is based on such handy caps where as homosexuals just simply can not.
    The definition of marriage is between a man and a women do to the fact it’s a start of a new family which involves in procreation of children and starting literary a new life... Unless homosexuals can suddenly and naturally change their gender genetically to male or female like some fish, lizards, or frogs do, other wise tough luck.
    You're contradicting yourself.
    If the definition of marriage according you is because of the byproduct (children) then basically what you're saying is any two heterosexuals that are unable to procreate the conventional way should not be allowed to get married.

But because of modern day technology heterosexuals that cannot have children the conventional way (sexual intercouse), are still able to put their genes back into the human genome which is a byproduct of procreation.
    These same technologies also enable homosexuals to procreate (not the conventional way) and allows them to put their genes back into the gene pool.

6: Based on the fact that different states have different laws regarding the same issues is where I was getting at there.
    As for those shows which make a mockery of people committed to each other then yes I would agree that is all mest up and there are in fact many people who view these shows as vile nonsense, how ever if say gay marriage is allowed, then what is stopping these shows from doing the same thing to homosexuals as well as the heterosexuals? And if you think Homosexuals will not do the same thing and jump in and out of marriages to exploit the other then you are also mistaken. Fact of the matter is this crap happens every where and not just the US.
    That's just lovely.
    It's a lovely inconvenience that people can make a mockery out of marriage but then deny others who take marriage seriously the right to get married.
    That was the point I was trying to make.

Poultry Projectile Cannon Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge's Avatar
    Thanks

There are more theories about male homosexuality do to the fact that a fetus always starts female before developing into a male which during this development all sorts of things can accurse where as a female does not.

Those books are studding about literature, grammar, word usage, flow of story/writing. Its suppose to strengthen reading and writing comprehension. Putting a book in there about homosexuality and talking about the sexual encounters more so then actual information on the subject other then the individuals experiences involved does not count as helpful in the least.

I am talking about definition, not on what you can do based on what technology allows you to do which is why I did not bring that up about artificial insemination and other practices. Which is something you are failing to understand.

What I am saying is that even if allowed same sex marriages there will still be this crap going on regardless if you are gay or straight. You are making it sound like it wont happen simply because their gay. Such a thought is naive. I have no doubt there are those who are actually committed and truly want to be married, how ever there will also be those to try and exploit it. This argument right here does not play in any roll in pro or anti gay marriage and I am quite frankly wondering why you even brought this issue up as it is based more on a personnel problem on these subjects about crappy shows which are demeaning to couples every where.

Now you can keep on riding this marry go round that we put our selves on, so you can continue to go in circle about this if you want. I said my peace, my view, and I am not forcing it on any one else. If you have a problem about it which you clearly do, well sorry but that is my view and my logic behind it which makes sense. All be it you explained your view as well and shared your logic behind it and I for one am grateful and can see where you support full on gay marriage. I am ending this bickering because I refuse to get involved in the game of who can make who concede first. I have stated here to another member who was actually gay that I had no intention in forcing my view on others and was able to end that issue on better terms. Because of my view and logic behind it you have gotten all hot and bothered and have been from your writing have gotten rather emotional. Other members here have also critiqued my view in which I later explained my self, wether they like it or not is up to them and thus have said their peace and moved on, but for some reason you are still in my face. I am not asking you to like it, but rather accept the fact this is my view and move on.
    "MY DEAR... I GIVE YOU THE CAPELLAN CONFEDERATION"
    AND THUS THE WAR WAS STARTED NOT BY GUN SHOT BUT BY WEDDING BELLS

Newbie angel5431 is off to a good start angel5431's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Trojan man View Post
    In this time in life a lot of peaple are confused about there sexuality which rased this question what is your views on sexuality (example: lesbian, gay, bi, transgender, metro, and bi-curious.)

In my opinion it is ok for peaple of the same sex to like each other most of my old friend were lesbians, gays and i never had a probelem exsepting them for hew they were.
    well to me it means that romantic moment with another sex like female and male should be that way always. but it's their choice to date and marry who they like everyone should have their own rights.
    im angel but, i could be dark and mysterious at times , so boys watch out meow im fast and mean!

Thanks

There are more theories about male homosexuality do to the fact that a fetus always starts female before developing into a male which during this development all sorts of things can accurse where as a female does not.
    It's the default gender phenotypically not genotypically.

I am talking about definition, not on what you can do based on what technology allows you to do which is why I did not bring that up about artificial insemination and other practices. Which is something you are failing to understand.
    By your definition, people that cannot procreate with one another the conventional way should not get married to one another at all.

Zev
    SuperModZilla Zev is making a name for themselves Zev is making a name for themselves Zev's Avatar
    Thanks

Marriage is just a tax break, and an expensive ceremony/divorce. So if gay people want the same rights, I don't think its a big deal to let them have the same things. I don't see why people even care at all, its just a relationship status. I know how it is when people say you can't do that, then the only thing you want is to do what they told you that you can't do. So I can understand why they are fighting for the rights to get married in some areas.

Now you can keep on riding this marry go round that we put our selves on, so you can continue to go in circle about this if you want. I said my peace, my view, and I am not forcing it on any one else. If you have a problem about it which you clearly do, well sorry but that is my view and my logic behind it which makes sense. All be it you explained your view as well and shared your logic behind it and I for one am grateful and can see where you support full on gay marriage. I am ending this bickering because I refuse to get involved in the game of who can make who concede first. I have stated here to another member who was actually gay that I had no intention in forcing my view on others and was able to end that issue on better terms. Because of my view and logic behind it you have gotten all hot and bothered and have been from your writing have gotten rather emotional. Other members here have also critiqued my view in which I later explained my self, wether they like it or not is up to them and thus have said their peace and moved on, but for some reason you are still in my face. I am not asking you to like it, but rather accept the fact this is my view and move on.
    I don't really think you mean that your "sorry". lol Some people just have to have the last word, you know.

Signature is a Gwenibe original.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast