+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: When Does a Woman Need To Get a Boyfriend.

Banned beast may be famous one day beast may be famous one day beast's Avatar
    Thanks

When Does a Woman Need To Get a Boyfriend.

Okay so here is the story on this one. A close frined of my family is pressuring her granddaughter to get a boyfriend. Her granddaughter is 13, but to her credit is turning 14 soon. And in her opinion, and my mothers, that means she needs a boyfriend. I think this is stupid. Your concern should be academic at that age. Besides I think that this whole "oh you need a boyfriend now attitude" sets up Paris Hilton type bimbo's, which is fine for her because she is rich, but that is not the case with most people, or this girl. But tell them that they are perpetuating a system that keeps women being treated like second class citizens and I get dirty looks. So tell me what you think.

Zev
    SuperModZilla Zev is making a name for themselves Zev is making a name for themselves Zev's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: When Does a Woman Need To Get a Boyfriend.

Well to answer your question "When Does a Woman Need To Get a Boyfriend." Never, women don't need to get a boyfriend. Just a matter on if they find someone they can't live without.

As for the situation, she 14 years old so its time to start socializing don't want her to be like my brother and never have a girlfriend til he was 22ish. My brother is just so weird. Most relationships are pretty innocent around that age anyways.

Signature is a Gwenibe original.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Zev For This Useful Post:

!beast (Aug 09, 2009)

Otaku Artistic Anarchy is off to a good start Artistic Anarchy's Avatar
    Thanks

Women need boyfriends when they constantly spend time sharpening pencils at their day job.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Artistic Anarchy For This Useful Post:

!beast (Aug 09, 2009)

Banned beast may be famous one day beast may be famous one day beast's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zev View Post
    Well to answer your question "When Does a Woman Need To Get a Boyfriend." Never, women don't need to get a boyfriend. Just a matter on if they find someone they can't live without.

As for the situation, she 14 years old so its time to start socializing don't want her to be like my brother and never have a girlfriend til he was 22ish. My brother is just so weird. Most relationships are pretty innocent around that age anyways.

Thank you, I agree completely. I don't think a woman does need a boyfriend but it seems society disagrees with us.

Lost in confusion Tetrix 2 v2 Champion Sazzy is making a name for themselves Sazzy is making a name for themselves Sazzy's Avatar
    In my imagination restricted by British Society!
    Thanks

Maybe they mean more a serious relationship or just thinking about future plans. Forward planning is helpful in some situations but that doesn't mean you should be forced into doing so.

Everyone goes through similar situations at different times. I've had relationships but only really serious one's. So I can't really talk from a perspective where one has never had a relationship. But what I can say is, if they are getting her to think about having a relationship, then there must some sort of reason behind it.
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    | Sazzy-Bu.co.uk | My Deviant Art | Anime Vector | Otaku Zen | My Twitter | My Tumblr | My last.fm |

Newbie Japxican may be famous one day Japxican may be famous one day Japxican's Avatar
    Here, there, anywhere...kinda like eating green eggs and ham.
    Thanks

My sister's turning 15 next month, and I've told her so many times that she's not allowed to get a boyfriend till she's at least 18. Not that I think it's wrong, but when you're that age, you still have your whole life ahead of you. I'm 22 now and I've never had a boyfriend, and that's just fine with me. I have a friend who's my age and married, and she's beginning to settle down. I also know another girl who's 18 and just started dating seriously. Even I still have time and I have goals right now that don't require a serious relationship. Also, relationships come and go throughout your life, as do boyfriends. As you get older and go through different stages of your life, you, too, change over time, like going from childhood to teenager, from teenager to adult, etc. If I were that 14-year-old girl, I would wait.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Japxican For This Useful Post:

!beast (Aug 09, 2009)

Otaku Tula is off to a good start Tula's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm in agreement with Zev. Women don't need boyfriends.
    However, I've come to find out that when you meet a special someone that compliments you, life really does seem . . . . different when they're not around you.
    But if you're old fashioned and women get married after high school, become housewives, start pushing out babies 9 months into the marriage then ig uess the right age to start dating would be around 15.

Oh the things you guys come up with to discuss

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Tula For This Useful Post:

!beast (Aug 10, 2009)

Legendary Otaku Violent may be famous one day Violent may be famous one day Violent's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zev View Post

EAHHH!H!! Thats so mean

I didn't have a gf till I was 17 I was saving it for someone special so don't think your bro is weird :P

Anyways I don't know if any other men have put their opinions here yet since it is more of a girl oriented question but I'll put mine in.

She could have a boyfriend whenever she wants, now I think the reason why the grandmother and your mother want her to start at such an early age is so she will be social just as Zev said; I started late and it took forever to catch up because my ass was in the books instead of socializing with the ladies :P. Learning social skills at a young age is just as important as education.

Shes a woman and so is the grandmother and your mother I'd trust the instinct of what they think since we are men after all beast even if it doesn't feel right.

THE RULES!

I'm on my grind in search to find whats on my mind, its one of a kind!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast