+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Who is jesus ?

Otaku Inuruto is off to a good start Inuruto's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Who is jesus ?

Jesus Christ is our savior who died for you & mine sins... He is everything known as "love"... He is "faith" itself within us that give us the will to believe...

"It is always easiest to not believe than to believe"...

Otaku ING Cricket Champion, Chickenboy Chucky Champion, Dancer duck Champion, Jake,s Fire Power Champion, Bomber Bob Champion, Road Hogs Champion, Van Champion, Hacker Champion, Gorillaz Tiles Champion, Clicken Gold Champion, Galleon Champion, QBeez Champion ihauntforlust is off to a good start
    Thanks

Smile Re: Who is jesus ?

Quote Originally Posted by tsurara View Post
    Jesus was a fabulously charismatic public speaker and cult leader who managed to become the more celebrated man in history and make his cult into one of the World's four major religions.

Beyond that, there's very little written about the historical Jesus aside from the Bible itself (which has obviously been "spiced up" a bit to serve a religious goal). So it's anyone's guess.

Yes i agree with tsurara, since there are many different beliefs in this world he could be anyone,

Well in my religion (I'm a Muslim) he's a profit who sends God's messages to the people in this world, But as put together...I respect every religion...so yeah he could be anyone @.@

-Zainab

Mage of Eternity Joe Mage is making a name for themselves Joe Mage is making a name for themselves Joe Mage's Avatar
    Thanks

I believe that he was exactly who he was, a warrior king descendant of King David. I believe that the Jews were lookin' for a "Messiah" who would take up arms against the Romans, but Jesus was aware; I feel; that it was improbable ta do so unless they did somethin' 'bout the Roman instituted corrupted leaders of their church. They were merely puppets of their Roman masters and Jesus wanted ta change that so his people could begin their fight for freedom. This doesn' mean that I don' believe in all of the other messages that he conveyed, but that what I have stated that he attempted ta do was an inclusion ta what he had accomplished. Do I believe he was our savior? Yes. Do I believe that he died on the cross for our sins? Yes, but I also believe that it was a statement too. A statement against the corruption growin' within his own church. I believe that he sacrificed himself, not jus' for our sins, but send a clear message ta his people's religious leaders 'bout their greed and lust. He was a very complex man and his messages were equally complex, but that complexity was an asset rather than a detriment. It allowed those who followed him ta spead his word and the word of his deeds ta the four corners of the world.

Sanity doesn't exist, it's just an excuse cooked up by crazy people to justify their actions. My myspace page: www.myspace.com/joemage

AO Helper Word Slider Champion, Penguin Shot Champion, YetiSports 10 - The End Champion, Yetisports 2 - Orca Slap Champion, Yetisports 3 - Seal Bounce Champion Mega may be famous one day Mega may be famous one day Mega's Avatar
    Thanks

If he died for our sins, why do sinners still go to hell? Was Jesus' sacrifice in vain? It seems he didn't manage to save anyone from anything, because we are all still being punished. Others hail him simply because he is "The son of God", but aren't we all Gods children? I guess I believe that Jesus is just some guy, there's no doubting that he did at one point live. As far as being "special", I'm not on that bandwagon. It's too easy to use religion as a cop out and a comfort blanket, when life is just sooo hard. I on the other hand have more faith in my ability to persevere, and believe that we all have that power. Jesus is Jesus, don't make such a big deal about him.

Randomly Renny!!! XD Boiler Breakdown Champion, Lotads Lament Champion, Crystal Island Champion, Festive Fallout Champion Renn may be famous one day Renn's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mega View Post
    If he died for our sins, why do sinners still go to hell? Was Jesus' sacrifice in vain? It seems he didn't manage to save anyone from anything, because we are all still being punished. Others hail him simply because he is "The son of God", but aren't we all Gods children? I guess I believe that Jesus is just some guy, there's no doubting that he did at one point live. As far as being "special", I'm not on that bandwagon. It's too easy to use religion as a cop out and a comfort blanket, when life is just sooo hard. I on the other hand have more faith in my ability to persevere, and believe that we all have that power. Jesus is Jesus, don't make such a big deal about him.
    well thats true that all sinners still go to hell but i do not think Jesus died in vain. God knew from the start that you were going to be a sinner. if i ever hear anyone say that i always think of this verse."for God so loved the world
    he gave his only begotten son,in while we were sinners,that we might be saved" this not might be right cause i'm doing off memroy. but i belive if you have faith and ask for forgivness you will not go to hell......

'This world is trash. Cursed by the Fon Master...'

AO Helper Word Slider Champion, Penguin Shot Champion, YetiSports 10 - The End Champion, Yetisports 2 - Orca Slap Champion, Yetisports 3 - Seal Bounce Champion Mega may be famous one day Mega may be famous one day Mega's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Renn View Post
    well thats true that all sinners still go to hell but i do not think Jesus died in vain. God knew from the start that you were going to be a sinner. if i ever hear anyone say that i always think of this verse."for God so loved the world
    he gave his only begotten son,in while we were sinners,that we might be saved" this not might be right cause i'm doing off memroy. but i belive if you have faith and ask for forgivness you will not go to hell......
    I refuse to beg, and lay myself down at the mercy of another. If I do wrong, I deserve what comes my way, be it hell or pain and suffering on earth. We should all be held accountable for our actions, sorry doesn't cut it. Forgiveness is for the weak.

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mega View Post
    I refuse to beg, and lay myself down at the mercy of another. If I do wrong, I deserve what comes my way, be it hell or pain and suffering on earth. We should all be held accountable for our actions, sorry doesn't cut it. Forgiveness is for the weak.
    Well, actually forgiveness is for the imperfect. Any perfect people here? *looks for raised hands*

Forgiveness and repentance also allows closure and enables us to move on. If we don't forgive ourselves for our imperfections we will never be at peace. If we don't forgive others for their imperfections the world will never have peace.

Thank you but I prefer my imperfect forgiveness over your unforgiving weakness.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Arrianna View Post
    Well, actually forgiveness is for the imperfect. Any perfect people here? *looks for raised hands*

Forgiveness and repentance also allows closure and enables us to move on. If we don't forgive ourselves for our imperfections we will never be at peace. If we don't forgive others for their imperfections the world will never have peace.

Thank you but I prefer my imperfect forgiveness over your unforgiving weakness.
    I don't believe I'm perfect. I just don't think we should beg for forgiveness when our only crime is being human. I also feel that I can find closure and move on quite easily, because I don't need to refer to anyone else for confirmation that what I did was alright. Finally, to complicate things. Are we all not perfectly imperfect, which in some way means we ~are~ actually perfect?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast