+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Who For President

Chtonian Slayer Astaroth may be famous one day Astaroth's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Who For President

Personally........I see the election of a president is like selecting a kinf during when monarchy was still around. He or she is just like a model for people to look up to.........or most of the time to hate
    DO NOT MAKE ME UNLEASH MY INNER DEMON

Otaku trustworthy may be famous one day trustworthy may be famous one day trustworthy's Avatar
    Thanks

Ok then, well, I guess it’s time for me to give my answer. I am voting for Hilary Clinton. I am not any party, I go for who I think is best. Seeing as I went against Bush both elections, I think that my belief in who is best, or at least who isn’t is pretty good.

Someone stated that women don’t fight for what they believe in any more. Well, maybe not as many, I don’t know, but I do know this. She has been fighting for all of her plans and beliefs for what she believes should come about, mainly universal health care, ever since she proposed it when her husband was president. It failed then because people were afraid of more government control, so she has modified her plan for it basically to be funded, and run to a point, by the government, but it will be essentially a non-government run program.

Someone also stated that being first-women is nothing, well sure, if she does nothing, but look back on her history. She did a lot of political things back then, she made sure to show support for programs and non-profit organizations, and set up programs as well. Besides, she hasn’t just been the first-lady; she also has her own political background.

Someone also stated that they wouldn’t vote for her because she wasn’t enthused enough or something like that. Yea, I’ll agree that being happy and looking like you want it is nice to see, but I don’t really care if you looked like you hated the idea of the job, or would hate it, as long as you plan on doing the job, and as far as her views, experience, and plans go, I find hers to be the most worthwhile and realistic.

P.S. this has nothing to do with my vote, but I just like what she says, so here is the link to Anne Rice’s main page, the first statement/letter there is her personal endorsement for Hilary Clinton.
    Welcome to AnneRice.Com!

Commander Ham Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dark angel swordsman View Post
    ... I honestly don't like the way things are going nowadays, but I'll leave it at that. It's mainly because I dislike war that my anger goes towards our current president, but I don't have much of a grudge otherwise. I hope that somehow that suffices for an answer.
    This is slightly off subject but your focus of anger is misguided. I say this because I am sick and tired of people (media & the American populous) who have no idea of how our government actually works, putting all the blame on the President for the war. This is the very reason we now have a democratic congress, not because people voted for the best candidate (and I am not saying the democratic candidates weren’t the best) but because the war is blamed on the republicans and the president.

You should be angry at all those presidential candidates that are senators and GASP voted for the war (the president has no power to declare war, it was approved by congress...and it was…and of which most of the front running democrats & republicans voted "Yea" to...only Obama didn’t vote “Yea” and that was because he wasn’t a US senator at the time )

Proof:
    Iraq War Senate Vote Breakdown

Now you can argue that the Senate didn’t have access to all the information the president had and thus the president purposely mislead the US people. BULL CRAP! The SAME information was provided by the CIA to the senate and they voted off the same premise the president had. So if you hear that load of crap from someone that said “Yea” to the war, then know that either they are:
    1) Lying
    2) Lazy and didn’t look at the actual information (do you really want a president like that?)
    or
    3) Based on the information at hand when they voted they thought it was a good idea but don’t want to commit political suicide that being “for” the war is right now and thus back to # 1 they are lying.

So don’t believe a lie and also know all the governmental spending in Iraq…also congress issued and approved… so don’t blame the president for that either. You can blame him for us still being over there but that and as far as if the war in Iraq is right or not that is a very different subject I won’t hi-jack this thread with.

Now somewhat back on topic: PLEASE THINK ABOUT WHO YOU ARE GOING TO VOTE FOR! Please don’t just listen to the media, take a look at their voting habits as apposed to what they “SAY” they stand for. Look for someone with strong economical aspirations for the country, someone who is for the people and their welfare…and when you don’t find them…please try to find the closest thing to it…which at this point may not even be a human…I.E. the candidates we have running now, lol

Devoted Otaku hiei9957 may be famous one day hiei9957 may be famous one day hiei9957's Avatar
    Thanks

i have been for along time wanting to vote for hilary clinton. just because id like a change to see if a female can run the country.

Tanks zyta

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

I am going to agree with Chief here, I don't think many people even realize what the Presidents job is these days. The President is in charge of:
    1. Signing or Vetoing bills as written by Congress.
    2. Foreign affairs and writing treaties which then have to be approved by Congress.
    3. Commander-in-Chief of the military. In charge of military affairs and running wars once they have been declared by Congress.
    4. In charge of government appointments and jobs.

If you will notice the first three none of those are jobs that he does alone. The US system has a check and balance to prevent any one person, including the president, from having to much power. So when I look for a President I look for a person that will make a good military leader first, be willing to protect US national interests with other countries second, and not afraid to veto a Congressional budget third. The last thing I consider is what kind of Judicial appointments they will make (that should probably be higher on my list).

If I am concerned with voting someone in that will make the laws I want, or vote for or against the correct military actions, then I take care who I vote for in Congress.

As for the currant group running... I have a feeling the next President will Be Romney. I am not sure why and I haven't even figured where he stands on my ratings. I don't even know if I will vote for him. I just think it will be him. Go figure.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Messenger of Despair Hive Hero Champion dark angel swordsman may be famous one day dark angel swordsman may be famous one day dark angel swordsman's Avatar
    Thanks

I know I've already said this before, but I know I don't really have a good grasp on the whole govermental politics and presidents-y things. I can understand where the both of you are coming from. I know I shouldn't blame, but I believe people always have to try to blame someone, do they not? As in they'd rather not get in trouble for their or someone else's mistakes. It's easier to place a blame on someone else. Nonetheless, You're right. I shouldn't blame the president for the war. So, as of now, I don't blame anyone for it.

I guess I should guess on a next president, but to be honest...I have no clue of any of the candidates. Like I said, I'm not one to get involved in Politics or worldy affairs. My apologies.
    http://www.animeonline.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=7987&dateline=1181515  689
    I won't let this world exist without me! If I die, we all die! / Avatar & Signature by anime_8000.

Otaku trustworthy may be famous one day trustworthy may be famous one day trustworthy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by chiefblackhammer View Post
    This is slightly off subject but your focus of anger is misguided. I say this because I am sick and tired of people (media & the American populous) who have no idea of how our government actually works, putting all the blame on the President for the war. This is the very reason we now have a democratic congress, not because people voted for the best candidate (and I am not saying the democratic candidates weren’t the best) but because the war is blamed on the republicans and the president.

You should be angry at all those presidential candidates that are senators and GASP voted for the war (the president has no power to declare war, it was approved by congress...and it was…and of which most of the front running democrats & republicans voted "Yea" to...only Obama didn’t vote “Yea” and that was because he wasn’t a US senator at the time )

Proof:
    Iraq War Senate Vote Breakdown

Now you can argue that the Senate didn’t have access to all the information the president had and thus the president purposely mislead the US people. BULL CRAP! The SAME information was provided by the CIA to the senate and they voted off the same premise the president had. So if you hear that load of crap from someone that said “Yea” to the war, then know that either they are:
    1) Lying
    2) Lazy and didn’t look at the actual information (do you really want a president like that?)
    or
    3) Based on the information at hand when they voted they thought it was a good idea but don’t want to commit political suicide that being “for” the war is right now and thus back to # 1 they are lying.

So don’t believe a lie and also know all the governmental spending in Iraq…also congress issued and approved… so don’t blame the president for that either. You can blame him for us still being over there but that and as far as if the war in Iraq is right or not that is a very different subject I won’t hi-jack this thread with.

Now somewhat back on topic: PLEASE THINK ABOUT WHO YOU ARE GOING TO VOTE FOR! Please don’t just listen to the media, take a look at their voting habits as apposed to what they “SAY” they stand for. Look for someone with strong economical aspirations for the country, someone who is for the people and their welfare…and when you don’t find them…please try to find the closest thing to it…which at this point may not even be a human…I.E. the candidates we have running now, lol
    I'll agree with you to a point, but I don't blaim bush for the war, or should I say I don't blame just him. though I do mostly, as well as him mostly for us still being in it.

I don't blame anyone or group completely for us being in the war. but I will say this, the democrat candidates state they want to end the war, the republicans state they want to finish the job, or keep it going, but not leave or end it untill then.

I am not even stating whether i beleave we should leave or not, unless you go with a candidate that states that, and that is your belief so you agree with them, than it doesn't matter. That is not one of the reasons i am voting for my candidate, though i will state now that she does share my view on that as well.

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Astaroth View Post
    Personally........I see the election of a president is like selecting a kinf during when monarchy was still around. He or she is just like a model for people to look up to.........or most of the time to hate
    Kings weren't selected, they were born. You have to be in the royal bloodline in order to be king or queen or whatever. That's why it's a monarchy and not democracy. With democracy, you have a choice. You get to pick your leader, but in monarchies, you have no choice. If you get an ass-hole for a king, that's what you're stuck with 'til he dies.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast