View Poll Results: Old ones? Who will be responsible for them???

Voters
66. You may not vote on this poll
  • Institutions

7 10.61%
  • Family

53 80.30%
  • Others

6 9.09%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Who Should Care For The Elderly?

Otaku Pride_Edward may be famous one day Pride_Edward may be famous one day Pride_Edward's Avatar
    Thanks

Exclamation Who Should Care For The Elderly?

Where should they be put to? Or who will be responsible???
    The Family?
    The Institutions that will care for them?
    Or others?
    I just wanna know your opinions about our grandparents. This issue is very obvious nowadays...

Banned Rave_Grip may be famous one day Rave_Grip may be famous one day Rave_Grip's Avatar
    Thanks
    The people who put their OWN parents/grand parents into institutions are irresponsible and thankless. I mean The Old People have worked hard, and I mean really hard to give us comfort and what not... and we put them into institutions? That's cruel isn't it- it's like disposing-them-because-we-are-so-ignorant-and-disrespectful thinking. Take care of them, they deserve to rest and watch their siblings grow and they have the right to expect a good and comfy care in their old ages. Understandable.

★~Ao's Irish Fariy ~★ equinn may be famous one day equinn may be famous one day equinn's Avatar
    Thanks
    i dont really know but if the family is fit to take it on they should ( cos we looked after ganda before he passed away) but if not Institutions should come to there aid cos like if the family cant cop others wont ether so Institutions would be the best chose if the family cant do it

Otaku Pride_Edward may be famous one day Pride_Edward may be famous one day Pride_Edward's Avatar
    Thanks
    How About the ones who are always busy? I mean,If they don't have much time for their grandmas then is it right to put them in Institutions?

Mercenary SousukeSagara may be famous one day SousukeSagara may be famous one day SousukeSagara's Avatar
    Thanks
    Families are more responsible to take care with them... Because if you look back at their young age... They care for you more than their life... So It's your turn now to take care of them even you are so busy with something else...

THUMBSUCKING ADDICTION Mr. K is making a name for themselves Mr. K is making a name for themselves Mr. K's Avatar
    Thanks
    In my family you respect the older members. Even if your not in my family you should~

Its disrespectful~ they lived longer~

I think it depends on the Grandpraents situtaion~ o(>.<)O If they need hospital help everyday~ Sometimes you have to let them go~

But my grandma going to be okay, and my grand papa's are die ~ So yea.

I think you should take care of your parents like they did you~

Even if you got a but whipping. Those first 3 years of life, your all on them~ ^_^
    ≥°≤ [?] █▓▒░░▒▓█ [?] ≥°≤
    You know how you drown a blonde, Rosalie? Glue a mirror to the bottom of a pool.
    Jacob Black, Breaking Dawn, Chapter 14, p.271
    Lamie Hynamen "I reject your reality and substitute my own."

Newbie Captcanada may be famous one day Captcanada may be famous one day Captcanada's Avatar
    well this could be a stretch but i think im in a house
    Thanks
    Family should take care of family. thats how it is in my house.
    OH CANADA MY HOME AND NATIVE LAND!!! *although i live in NOR CAL
    To all u Rockers out there... Rock on
    AO Fan Clan

Otaku Lil_G135 may be famous one day Lil_G135 may be famous one day Lil_G135's Avatar
    Thanks
    I really can't vote ^^; I mean, if the elderly member(s) of the family needs more help than what can be given to them (all older people working, children too young/out at school), can you really blame the family for considering putting them into Nursing Homes or Assisted living communities, etc? Especially when they really aren't all terrible depressing places.
    And then there are the cases where the elderly want to go live away from their family, to have some space.

So it really just depends on the situation. And yeah, I do know there are quite a few cases where the family just drops off grandma and is living off her money until she dies and they get their inheritence, and there are others where the dear old dad was abusive when he was younger and his kids have no desire to take care of him, but they all aren't like that. Just depends...

For me personally, my mum and her three best friends plan on moving to the country where one of them is from and buy some land and live by each other for as long as they can. But if she ever wanted me I would take care of her, no problem. If she just wanted help with the house, it's done. And then she's open to going to a Nursing Home one day, since she knows we both know what are good and bad ones, but I don't think I'd consider it unless I really had to
    Music is my santuary, music is my blanket
    三日坊主*傍目八目*外柔内剛

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast