View Poll Results: Old ones? Who will be responsible for them???

Voters
66. You may not vote on this poll
  • Institutions

7 10.61%
  • Family

53 80.30%
  • Others

6 9.09%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Who Should Care For The Elderly?

You's Trollin Pro Leafblower Champion, Helicopter Champion ketaro is making a name for themselves ketaro is making a name for themselves ketaro's Avatar
    Thanks
    i think that we should have to take care for our elderly because they spend many years raising us. I don't think that sending them to a retirement house is fair for them.

Fish Fingers & Custard Ice Hockey Champion, Smaugs Treasure Champion, Mini Putt 3 Champion, Ant Tracks Champion, Jungle Hunt Champion, Madnetics Champion, Manole Champion, Blokken Champion, Fast Food Fiasco Champion, Shapes Hifters Champion, Mud and Blood: Vietnam Champion HolderOfTheDarkChalice is making a name for themselves HolderOfTheDarkChalice is making a name for themselves HolderOfTheDarkChalice's Avatar
    someplace where the only light is the moon above
    Thanks
    i think they need to be in rest home becuase theres only so much you can do for them if they live with you,it sounds cruls but not many people can afford keeping up with the medacione dr. visit,iof there in a rest home they get the best care and things are provided for them but thats just how feel about it. heck my grand ma live in a place like this and she is very happy
    I'll be the one to protect you from your enemies and all your demons
    I'll be the one to protect you from a will to survive and a voice of reason
    I'll be the one to protect you from your enemies and your choices son
    They're one in the same, I must isolate you...
    Isolate and save you from yourself

Newbie Freyaa may be famous one day Freyaa may be famous one day Freyaa's Avatar
    Thanks
    In my culture (I'm asian. ;]), the ones who take care of the elders in our family are the youngest sons. I don't know how that's fair but it's kind of the rules in my culture.

You can't really step up and say, "I can't take care of you mom, or dad, or gandpa, or grandma. Ask my older brother." Obviously, it would show no respect or care. I'd be happy to take care of my grandparents but I don't live in my own house yet. XD
    http://www.animeonline.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=50046&dateline=116010  3391

Otaku Lil_G135 may be famous one day Lil_G135 may be famous one day Lil_G135's Avatar
    Thanks
    Where do you live, Freyaa if you don't mind my curiosity ^^ I've heard that quite a lot from my Asian friends, but I thought it interesting because the majority of the people in my mom's nursing home are Korean and Vietnamese people/couples. I'm guessing where you live is a factor in that decision? Could be, might not ^.^;
    Music is my santuary, music is my blanket
    三日坊主*傍目八目*外柔内剛

Otaku mixed fighter girl may be famous one day mixed fighter girl may be famous one day mixed fighter girl's Avatar
    Thanks
    hm interesting topic but i would have to say family should take care of them and make sure they are taken care of the right way.or i think they should make better houses or have them somewhere where they feel most comfortable and ask them how they feel....mybe they want to live on island and be alone and live in the sun shine. i am just saying the should have a great rest of theirs lives and should live the way they want to.
    I will fight until i find what i'm looking for...you can not judge me on my apperence I am a Warrior. If you have a problem with me..... then my blades will meet your neck.

Newbie pikapika28 may be famous one day pikapika28 may be famous one day
    Thanks
    family should be the first one to take care of elder, but in some cases when the elder condition has gotten worst or that the family is unable to take care of them due to work and other situation, i think it would be best for the family and the elder that they move to an insituation

AO's Demon Slayer Hexxagon Champion, Match Stick Soccer Champion Blade X may be famous one day Blade X may be famous one day Blade X's Avatar
    Thanks
    family should always care for the elderly if the current situation tht they are permits them to care for them. in addition, it would be better as the elderly approach their time to pass away....they would want to be close to their family so tht they can make their peace with them n pass on with no regrets.....it's rather inhumane to put them into a place where they do not know who the people are around them, which causes them to be frighten...they are not at ease which may worsen their condition n so forth... family should always try to take care of the elderly wenever they can coz it's as i said before, they are approaching the end of the tunnel, they would like to be clsoe to their family

Thanks for the siggy Ky-lyrra

Newbie Avenara may be famous one day Avenara may be famous one day
    Thanks
    I've already agreed that when the time comes, my parents and those of my husband have a place in my home. The only way they are going to a nursing home is if they start to need medical care from a nurse or doctor. Being that I'm neither, I couldn't possibly provide that...but otherwise they are staying in my home.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast