View Poll Results: Old ones? Who will be responsible for them???

Voters
66. You may not vote on this poll
  • Institutions

7 10.61%
  • Family

53 80.30%
  • Others

6 9.09%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Who Should Care For The Elderly?

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks
    I have put family. If at all possible they should live with family. If however they need specialized help that the family cannot provide then steps have to be taken to get it for them. Eventually that may mean a home or assisted living. Especially then the family needs to be intimately involved in their care. They cannot look after themselves. If their family doesn't who will?

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Otaku rockroc may be famous one day rockroc may be famous one day rockroc's Avatar
    Thanks
    Family should take care of its elders, because they took care of us so we care for them, always.

Otaku fma1012 may be famous one day fma1012 may be famous one day fma1012's Avatar
    Thanks
    Family should because they know each other very well from when they were kids and plus you don't know how others might treat them.

Thanks lifeforce! (:

Newbie Freyaa may be famous one day Freyaa may be famous one day Freyaa's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Lil_G135 View Post
    Where do you live, Freyaa if you don't mind my curiosity ^^ I've heard that quite a lot from my Asian friends, but I thought it interesting because the majority of the people in my mom's nursing home are Korean and Vietnamese people/couples. I'm guessing where you live is a factor in that decision? Could be, might not ^.^;
    Sorry I could not reply faster.

I actually live in the united states but I'm originally from China, Laos, and Thailand. Yep.
    http://www.animeonline.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=50046&dateline=116010  3391

Thanks for the memories princesslady may be famous one day princesslady may be famous one day princesslady's Avatar
    Thanks
    i think family should cuz that person is your family always and forever no matter what.
    but to be honest i get freaked out. thats just my thing

Born to rule, raised to lead, taught to establish: The African Queen

Legendary Otaku Violent may be famous one day Violent may be famous one day Violent's Avatar
    Thanks
    If its anyone is the family; family should always take care of them they are your flesh and blood after all ;/

THE RULES!

I'm on my grind in search to find whats on my mind, its one of a kind!

Otaku Sincere may be famous one day Sincere may be famous one day Sincere's Avatar
    Thanks
    I think the family should take care of the elderly. Once they get at the end of their lives, they don't want strangers taking care of them and not treating them right in most cases. They want people who care about them to. You wouldn't want to just be abandoned at the end of your life and shoved in a place with cold sheets and uncomfortable beds would you? I think not.
    C:\Documents and Settings\Julia\My Documents\My Pictures\Siggy.jpg
    A white rose no longer alone
    I know who's heart it is to represent
    I didn't pick it, but i let it grow
    For he's the one that's heaven sent. :
    I love you, my White Rose.: The Poop Forums

Newbie frednoid may be famous one day frednoid may be famous one day frednoid's Avatar
    Thanks
    Personally, I feel that you should put them in a nursing home. Think of it this way: There, they get fed at the same times everyday, unlike they would at home because their family can't always be there to help them. Also, from the mouth of my dad, "I'd rather be in a 'home' than you take care me. At least there, they'll change my diaper. :-P" So, yeah. The people that work at these places need to get paid, anyways. So, why deprive them of their work? Our parents raised us to be independent. How are they setting a good example if they're dependant of you?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast