View Poll Results: Old ones? Who will be responsible for them???

Voters
66. You may not vote on this poll
  • Institutions

7 10.61%
  • Family

53 80.30%
  • Others

6 9.09%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Who Should Care For The Elderly?

Community Dude Asteroids Champion dude101 may be famous one day dude101 may be famous one day dude101's Avatar
    Thanks
    well lets see, i guess it all comes down to circumstances and the wishes of the elderly. for example if my parents where old and they could no longer take care of them selves (which i can hardly see that happening) well the best thing i could do is most likely try to get some social workers to help take care of them on a daily routine, and go over there a few times each month to help on repairs to the house and other things that need to be done to help them out to live a comfortable life.

the nursing home would be the last resort, and i mean last resort. but then again it is more expansive to send ur parents to a nursing home over here than to give them personal assistance at home, well thats what i've been told.

anywho the likely hood of my parents to me is that they are goin to be independants for a long time. and trust me they are goin to used up everything they have against there name before they die. and thats what i like about it, used up all there money and stuff the kids. they lived i hard life so they deserve it, and well i'm goin to do the same so well lol.

Legendary Otaku divine_punishment may be famous one day divine_punishment may be famous one day divine_punishment's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Who Should Care For The Elderly?

My mother always said, "I took care of you when you were vulnerable and weak, you take care of me when I'm vulnerable and weak. That's the way it works." Wise woman, my mum . . .

Devoted Otaku BlueFox1 may be famous one day BlueFox1 may be famous one day BlueFox1's Avatar
    A place called Midnight Sun know as Tranquility
    Thanks

this is an interesting topic, I personally feel the family will take care of them, but I'm sure the parents would want their kids to lose there life taking care of them. I feel you should do all you can to help your love one's when they get old!

Otaku darkflames may be famous one day darkflames may be famous one day darkflames's Avatar
    Thanks

The family should care for them. cause family is family.

Devoted Otaku Nympho may be famous one day Nympho may be famous one day Nympho's Avatar
    Thanks

This is respect to take care of the elderly. They took care of you for as long as they could, or you would let them. It is only right to take care of them, when they no longer can do it themselves. What kind of family deserts the people that made them?

I'm a glass child. I am Hannah's regrets. Monster.

God's Little Girl blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel's Avatar
    Thanks

It's only right for you to take care of your parents when they're older, seeing as they did everything for you when YOU were growing up. They got you insurance, they invested in trust funds you, they put money into your bank account - I feel it's only right that you return some of that to them. But it's true, as some have said, that there's only so much you can do when you have your own family to look after and a job as well. In some countries, it may be better to send them to institutions/old folks' homes - when I was in Nagoya my host family used to send the grandfather to a "nursing home" every morning, and he'd be back home in the evening - I paid a visit to the home and saw that all the old people there were having fun because they had lots to do and they were taken care of really well. But in Malaysia nursing homes are really miserable places, and I doubt I'd ever want my parents to live there in their old age.

To cut a long story short: They looked after you. Now you look after them, not pass the buck to someone else.

Newbie like2play may be famous one day like2play may be famous one day
    Thanks

I think that the children should be responsible for caring for their parents when the time comes, after all the parents did it for them all those years. I would never let my parents be put into a home, or my grandparents for that matter.

Shichibukai JefferyXie may be famous one day JefferyXie may be famous one day JefferyXie's Avatar
    Thanks

if the elderly member is related 2 u then u should.if it was some hero of a war,every1 living in dat area of the elderly hero should.they have devoted their lives 2 allow us 2 live n we should reciprocate for their kindness.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast