+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Whose Life is More Important?

Ever So Awesome Kaboom Champion, Archery Champion, Crazy Pool 2 Champion, Ninja-Boy Champion, Bubble Shooter Champion zyta may be famous one day zyta may be famous one day zyta's Avatar
    Thanks

Whose Life is More Important?

A Rescuer's life or the Victim's life?

Now before I see lightning fast responses that the victim's life is more important because it is the rescuers job to put their life on the line to save others. Sure, I'll give you that, however it is also the rescure's who determine who to save in an incident, and who to leave behind if they are unable to save everyone. There is also the fact that if a rescuer's life ends, the opprotunity to save more lives drops considerably until he is replaced, but that even doesn't change the fact that, that one rescuer could have saved more lives if he were alive.

I, who see all life of humans to be the same regardless if you're the President of the United States or some homeless drunk in the streets, cannot think of who's life is more important.

Visit my blog: Rewriting Life

Zev
    SuperModZilla Zev is making a name for themselves Zev is making a name for themselves Zev's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Whose Life is More Important?

I think they are both of equal value, in my mind. The Rescuer should be first priority, since the victim got themselves into some kind of mess and even need saving. The only life I would consider of less value is someone who is convicted of horrible crimes, like killing little girls or something to that effect. I would rather see someone live that doesn't make other peoples lives horrible.

Signature is a Gwenibe original.

Poultry Projectile Cannon Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge's Avatar
    Thanks

Depends on the situation. Both of their lives are of equal value, but if the situation shifts to where say a person was under a fallen building and the rescure tries to save the victom, but then is unable to because the ruble shifts endangering both their lives, in this case I believe its the rescure/s life who takes priority do to the fact that they can be saved.
    As for your analagy of the president being of equal life to that of a hobo is where I would have to disagree in that the presidents life is more important do to the fact of what he does. Sorry hobo... All be it I might make an acception to that if the president we are talking about is our current one.
    Last edited by Scourge; Jun 03, 2009 at 06:11 AM.
    "MY DEAR... I GIVE YOU THE CAPELLAN CONFEDERATION"
    AND THUS THE WAR WAS STARTED NOT BY GUN SHOT BUT BY WEDDING BELLS

Fish Fingers & Custard Ice Hockey Champion, Smaugs Treasure Champion, Mini Putt 3 Champion, Ant Tracks Champion, Jungle Hunt Champion, Madnetics Champion, Manole Champion, Blokken Champion, Fast Food Fiasco Champion, Shapes Hifters Champion, Mud and Blood: Vietnam Champion HolderOfTheDarkChalice is making a name for themselves HolderOfTheDarkChalice is making a name for themselves HolderOfTheDarkChalice's Avatar
    someplace where the only light is the moon above
    Thanks

i think the rescuer should always come first , like zyta said with out the rescuer the person in trouble would be crap out of luck for hope
    I'll be the one to protect you from your enemies and all your demons
    I'll be the one to protect you from a will to survive and a voice of reason
    I'll be the one to protect you from your enemies and your choices son
    They're one in the same, I must isolate you...
    Isolate and save you from yourself

Otaku Simon Champion, Shanghi 2 Champion AstralMage01 is off to a good start AstralMage01's Avatar
    Thanks

I agree that the resuer's life is more important, coz he/she risks his/her own life to save others & that noble deed is worth appreciation
    "If you do not believe in yourself, hardwork is useless"
    "Might Gai" from "Naruto"

Newbie Sukinamini is off to a good start Sukinamini's Avatar
    Thanks

I...I think both because everone should have the chance to be alive even if its only for a little while longer but if i had to chose one i think the resucer because sometimes its the victoms own fault their in the mess their in but then again its not and the rescuer has the kindness and careing to actualy try and rescue them even if the rescuers life is on the line.
    If love is happiness
    and happiness is eternal
    why is their so much hate?

Femmebot Rehab Colt Crouse Champion, Bookworm Champion, Hangman Champion, Connect 2 Champion Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows's Avatar
    Thanks

Wha?

All life has equal value. No one is any more "important" than anyone eles. A victim can become a rescuer, and a rescuer can become a victim. And if tragedy were to befall either of the two, in either role... it would not be because that persons life were less important.

Now I know someone in the rescuig position may have to make decisions on who to save first... Or who can not be saved... but those decisions are (hopefully) not made by who the rescuer deems most "important". Hopefully its based on statistical information... Like who has the best odds of survival after being rescued. Who is youngest, healthiest. Perhaps save first those who could HELP with rescuing?

Kinda reminds me of the part in 'I Robot' were Will Smith's character holds a grudge against the robots because a robot chose to save him over a little girl. Will Smith's Character had a better chance of surviving.. and robots go off a statistics. But a human would have saved the little girl...
    ... Not Ever Again...

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Peach_follows For This Useful Post:

Arrianna (Jun 03, 2009), atomik_sprout (Jun 03, 2009)

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Peach_follows View Post
    Wha?

All life has equal value. No one is any more "important" than anyone eles. A victim can become a rescuer, and a rescuer can become a victim. And if tragedy were to befall either of the two, in either role... it would not be because that persons life were less important.

Now I know someone in the rescuig position may have to make decisions on who to save first... Or who can not be saved... but those decisions are (hopefully) not made by who the rescuer deems most "important". Hopefully its based on statistical information... Like who has the best odds of survival after being rescued. Who is youngest, healthiest. Perhaps save first those who could HELP with rescuing?

Kinda reminds me of the part in 'I Robot' were Will Smith's character holds a grudge against the robots because a robot chose to save him over a little girl. Will Smith's Character had a better chance of surviving.. and robots go off a statistics. But a human would have saved the little girl...
    I totally agree!

No life is more or less valuable than the other. My dad is a firefighter--he's a rescuer. He saves people and he treats the job like their lives are just as valuable as his own. He and a bunch of his colleagues (spelling?) had to try to prevent a guy from jumping off of a bridge and failed. The guy jumped and my dad was all depressed and stayed in his room or at the station for weeks, my step-mom said.

Life is important, whether you're the victim or the rescuer. If the rescuer fails to save you and feels remorse about it, he's affected by it. If the victim is saved by the rescuer, he's affected by it. Both sides take a hit--whether it's good or bad--in situations like that and no life should be considered more valuable just because he/she is the one doing the saving/crying for help.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to atomik_sprout For This Useful Post:

Arrianna (Jun 03, 2009), HolderOfTheDarkChalice (Jun 03, 2009)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast