+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Whose Life is More Important?

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Whose Life is More Important?

Lets also not forget that the "rescuer" has already chosen to risk their life for another. Are you going to demean their sacrifice by ignoring it?

All life has value, lets treat it honorably as well.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Arrianna For This Useful Post:

Franco (Jun 04, 2009)

Messenger of Despair Hive Hero Champion dark angel swordsman may be famous one day dark angel swordsman may be famous one day dark angel swordsman's Avatar
    Thanks

I really don't think there's much more to be said here.
    But I agree that they're both quite important; All human life is important.
    In this case, it makes sense for a not-one-without-the-other kind of reasoning.
    http://www.animeonline.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=7987&dateline=1181515  689
    I won't let this world exist without me! If I die, we all die! / Avatar & Signature by anime_8000.

Banned beast may be famous one day beast may be famous one day beast's Avatar
    Thanks

I would say the rescuer should live. The reason for this is that the recuer can save more people in the future. And statistically if every rescuer gave their life for their victim we would run out of rescuers. Just my opinion.

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

The difference between a victim and a rescuer is that the rescuer voluntarily puts their life on the line to rescue others. They knowingly choose to risk their lives so that others may live. It is a very noble and honorable thing to do. You can't save everybody though, and sometimes to save someone else, you might have to give your own life to do so.

Think about this the next time you see a Cop, a fireman, a paramedic, a SARTECH (search and rescue technician), or a soldier. All of whom chose to do a dangerous profession to protect others.

I think watching "The Guardian" would be a good movie for this debate. Its about how the US Coast Guard trains their Search and Rescue swimmers and what their job is like. Its one of my favorite Aston Kutcher films.

Newbie Battle With Vader Champion manlock32 may be famous one day manlock32 may be famous one day manlock32's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by zyta View Post
    A Rescuer's life or the Victim's life?

Now before I see lightning fast responses that the victim's life is more important because it is the rescuers job to put their life on the line to save others. Sure, I'll give you that, however it is also the rescure's who determine who to save in an incident, and who to leave behind if they are unable to save everyone. There is also the fact that if a rescuer's life ends, the opprotunity to save more lives drops considerably until he is replaced, but that even doesn't change the fact that, that one rescuer could have saved more lives if he were alive.

I, who see all life of humans to be the same regardless if you're the President of the United States or some homeless drunk in the streets, cannot think of who's life is more important.
    Well, no one's life is more important. I mean the rescuer deserves credit for being the rescuer. He's putting his life on the line for the sake of the victim. but the victim is a human being regardless. I know some people might be thinking that this is a textbook answer, but its the truth. No one's life is above anothers. But what you decide to do with your life might give u the feeling that you should help your fellow peers. When it comes to life. no one's life is above anybody elses. but it is true that some people's lifes has more meaning than others.
    Instant beast.. Just add water

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2