Closed Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Why Asians Have To Be The One Cosplaying Anime Characters

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

Re: Why Asians Have To Be The One Cosplaying Anime Characters

Quote Originally Posted by Legend View Post
    No one seem to think that he could possibly be a white guy trolling.
    That's actually my initial assumption. He wouldn't be the first and certainly not the last.

And now to try and actually turn this into a semi-worthwhile discussion:
    I believe there's no such thing as an Asian race. Only a human race.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hassun For This Useful Post:

atomik_sprout (Apr 29, 2009), Scourge (Apr 29, 2009)

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hassun View Post
    That's actually my initial assumption. He wouldn't be the first and certainly not the last.
    Naw, I remember his text sig from the last time he was here... or was it another forum?...

hmmmm.....

Found him: Asian Guy

Guess he finally figured out how to make a thread on Cosplayers.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Otaku Alchemy II Champion Shizuka is off to a good start
    Thanks

So, are you saying this is not your opinion but that of your "buddy"? It's a really poor decision of you to consider someone like that person as a friend. Although I am no one to judge on who you make a friendship with.

But, really...as a person born in Asia and assuming you follow asian traditions. Your two posts put you to shame. Our traditions most publically and avidly emphasizes on being humble, being obedient and pay respect to others. There's a fine line between having pride on your country and ethnicity and then down right being racist.

Aren't you stereotyping the western society a little too much? Just because a few members of the Western world criticizes the things Asians have created doesn't necessarily mean that everyone single living soul thinks that way.

But, even so...what kind of grudge do you hold against westerners? And WHY do you pick such a irrelavent topic such as anime to declare that Asian is the best race? I mean its not like Anime is a solution to a world epidemic or something of that sort. I might as well say that your comparing us almost in the same set of values the Nazis had back in WWII.

And actually anime is influenced on western like characteristics...or else we would be seeing all animes characters in traditonal clothing rather than the western clothing. Neither would we being seeing english words in the anime, as a matter of fact a lot of the Asian languages have adopted english words.

Poultry Projectile Cannon Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Arrianna View Post
    Naw, I remember his text sig from the last time he was here... or was it another forum?...

hmmmm.....

Found him: Asian Guy

Guess he finally figured out how to make a thread on Cosplayers.
    I was thinking the exact same thing Arrianna.

And as Shizuka has said, a lot of anime characters are in fact based off western characteristics. Also, you mention saying that anime characters body type are based off of the Asian body type. I would have to respectfully disagree do to the fact that I have not yet seen any one, even Asians, having that physical kind of body type. It’s not possible for the human body to have that kind of physical build to it, not naturally any ways. Now there are people that come close, how ever that is a mixed group of people from all around the world.
    The anime body type we see is based off of what the concept of what looks attractive and sexy and cute to the human mind and this is what the artist draws up.
    Last edited by Scourge; Apr 29, 2009 at 08:10 AM.
    "MY DEAR... I GIVE YOU THE CAPELLAN CONFEDERATION"
    AND THUS THE WAR WAS STARTED NOT BY GUN SHOT BUT BY WEDDING BELLS

Newbie Proud Asian Kid is off to a good start
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Scourge View Post
    I was thinking the exact same thing Arrianna.

And as Shizuka has said, a lot of anime characters are in fact based off western characteristics. Also, you mention saying that anime characters body type are based off of the Asian body type. I would have to respectfully disagree do to the fact that I have not yet seen any one, even Asians, having that physical kind of body type. It’s not possible for the human body to have that kind of physical build to it, not naturally any ways. Now there are people that come close, how ever that is a mixed group of people from all around the world.
    The anime body type we see is based off of what the concept of what looks attractive and sexy and cute to the human mind and this is what the artist draws up.
    All of your fantasy end hitting the reality of Asian cosplayers being better or look more like the Anime characters they cosplayed.

You should find a good reason for that and not keep making fantasy that end as a fantasy and not reality.
    REMEMBER we Asians are the one who made ALL of the Anime you love
    REMEMBER we Asians are the one who make the most awesome video games
    Who the most cutest and adorable males & females? Asian
    Are you proud to be Asian? YES! I'm very proud to be Asian!

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Grumble Grumble Grumble
    Quote Originally Posted by Proud Asian Kid View Post
    All of your fantasy end hitting the reality of Asian cosplayers being better or look more like the Anime characters they cosplayed.

You should find a good reason for that and not keep making fantasy that end as a fantasy and not reality.
    But is your reality actually true??? You have yet to address the questions against the information and arguments that you have provided... If you yourself are unwilling to back up the statements you've provided, why should anyone consider them as the truth?!?!
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to LenMiyata For This Useful Post:

Abu Dhabi (May 04, 2009), atomik_sprout (May 08, 2009), Scourge (May 04, 2009), Shizuka (May 04, 2009)

Wilde Beast GiG Racer Champion EmoNightmareRose may be famous one day EmoNightmareRose's Avatar
    Thanks

1. This entire thread is rascist.

2. I'd like to see an Asian cosplay Afro from Afro Samurai.

3. This is just a way to boast about ethnicity, and it's insulting. I'm half Japanese, and I don't go spouting about it.

This is like telling Asians only white people can dress up for Halloween.

(I JUST HAD TO ADD THIS:

)

If I wasn't HALF WHITE TOO I would've never pulled this off.
    Last edited by EmoNightmareRose; May 05, 2009 at 12:37 AM. Reason: add my old cosplay pics

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to EmoNightmareRose For This Useful Post:

Abu Dhabi (May 04, 2009), Scourge (May 05, 2009)

Newbie Proud Asian Kid is off to a good start
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LenMiyata View Post
    Grumble Grumble Grumble

But is your reality actually true??? You have yet to address the questions against the information and arguments that you have provided... If you yourself are unwilling to back up the statements you've provided, why should anyone consider them as the truth?!?!
    So you deny the truth about Asian cosplayers are better or look more like Anime characters compared to american or westerner cosplayers who cosplay the same Anime characters?

The proof is not that far to look at since you can even see it on youtube, just type Anime Cosplay and you will mostly see Asian cosplayers EXCEPT if the video were made by someone to promote him/his self or his/her cosplay group. Not only that, most comments on there also said how it is Asian who look better cosplaying.
    REMEMBER we Asians are the one who made ALL of the Anime you love
    REMEMBER we Asians are the one who make the most awesome video games
    Who the most cutest and adorable males & females? Asian
    Are you proud to be Asian? YES! I'm very proud to be Asian!

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast