Closed Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Why Asians Have To Be The One Cosplaying Anime Characters

Poultry Projectile Cannon Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Why Asians Have To Be The One Cosplaying Anime Characters

Quote Originally Posted by EmoNightmareRose View Post
    Yep, thats my real hair color.

now to Proud Asian Kid,
    IT DOESN'T MATTER IF JAPAN MADE IT IF THE CHARACTERS ARE SUPPOSED TO BE WHITE, AND WHITE PEOPLE COSPLAY IT!

That is seriously what you can't get through your head man, and nothing we say matters because you'll back up with, "Well we invented anime!"

Acting like we're supposed to worship your ass for something that your culture(not you) did. When YOU haven't given any credit to Osamu Tezuka, Ryoko Ikeda or anyone else that actually made the genre.

And it's not racist for me to claim mixed race. My father was full Japanese, my mom was white. That's half and half. How is it racist to claim that?
    Funny, because I could play Setsuna Mudo from Angel Sanctuary! He's half European, half Japanese! (states so in the manga and anime)
    But NO! Japan created anime, and I'm half white, so I CAN'T. (sarcasm)

oh and in the Winter Issue of Naruto: Collector Edition magazine, Masashi Kishimoto said in an interview he would like to see Naruto played by an American boy, and Sakura a European girl.

But I guess the CREATOR OF A VERY POPULAR ANIME IS WRONG!
    To back up ENR...
    I pointed out in another thread that anime (Japanes anime) was in truth taken from Walt Disney... So by going by Proud Asian Kid's "logic", that technicly means that we westerners made it... Yet you don't hear us pitching a fit about the Japanes taking the concept.
    "MY DEAR... I GIVE YOU THE CAPELLAN CONFEDERATION"
    AND THUS THE WAR WAS STARTED NOT BY GUN SHOT BUT BY WEDDING BELLS

Newbie Proud Asian Kid is off to a good start
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LenMiyata View Post
    But if this is actually true, then how do you explain your refusal to address the questions against your position. Even searching for Anime Cosplay won't address the issues that have been pointed out.
    Because it is racism and selfisness when westerner cosplaying as Anime characters.

And the fact that Cosplaying is much more popular in the East then in the West would be enough to explain your observations.
    That fact have change since there are more western cosplayers now than Asian cosplayers. Also youtube is a western based site and obviously over 90% of its members are westerner or non Asians. So I don't base what I said before on Asian views.

The fact that you still refuse to address these questions indicates a very large flaw in your reasoning... (Or perhaps you already know that your position is invalid, and you're just trying to avoid being publicly disclosed promoting a lie...) If you're still unwilling to back up the statements that you've made and address the questions against your position, then its obvious that the statements you're promoting are invalid by default through the lack of defense...
    I don't know why it is so hard for you to open youtube and type "Anime Cosplay" on the video search box, so here it is YouTube - Anime Cosplay

Anyway, I found another awesome Asian cosplay video recently uploaded YouTube - Asian Cosplayer Trying To Pose As Catgirl
    REMEMBER we Asians are the one who made ALL of the Anime you love
    REMEMBER we Asians are the one who make the most awesome video games
    Who the most cutest and adorable males & females? Asian
    Are you proud to be Asian? YES! I'm very proud to be Asian!

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Grumble Grumble
    Quote Originally Posted by Proud Asian Kid View Post
    But if this is actually true, then how do you explain your refusal to address the questions against your position. Even searching for Anime Cosplay won't address the issues that have been pointed out.
    Because it is racism and selfisness when westerner cosplaying as Anime characters.
    So you're claiming that racism and selfishness prevents you from responding to question against your position. I presume this is racism and selfishness on your part...

And the fact that Cosplaying is much more popular in the East then in the West would be enough to explain your observations.
    That fact have change since there are more western cosplayers now than Asian cosplayers. Also youtube is a western based site and obviously over 90% of its members are westerner or non Asians. So I don't base what I said before on Asian views.
    But his conveniently ignores the fact that the majority of YouTube traffic actually comes from the far-east. Again, your feeble attempt at a response is shown to be invalid

The fact that you still refuse to address these questions indicates a very large flaw in your reasoning... (Or perhaps you already know that your position is invalid, and you're just trying to avoid being publicly disclosed promoting a lie...) If you're still unwilling to back up the statements that you've made and address the questions against your position, then its obvious that the statements you're promoting are invalid by default through the lack of defense...
    I don't know why it is so hard for you to open youtube and type "Anime Cosplay" on the video search box, so here it is YouTube - Anime Cosplay
    And once again, you try to divert attention from the fact that YOU STILL REFUSE TO RESPOND AGAINST QUESTIONS AGAINST YOUR POSITION!

So far, you're doing a great job on proving why your position is invalid...
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Newbie xxxemixxx is off to a good start
    Thanks

XD...1. A point. But most anime characters look "white" though. Even when they're supposed to be "asian". This IS my point. sure asian chicks are hot as hell and I wanna eventually date and get it with one............there are plenty that are DAWG UGLY!!! If not in appearance then in mind......just like any other type of human. YAY!!!!

2. Jealous???? Of asian guys or girls??? Why would I be jealous of anyone because of race? Anyways, being white and native american mixed mutt myself, have BIIIIIIG PEEENISSS!!!! ASIAN PENII SO SMALLLLLLllllllll........so they over compensate with the weaponry and martial arts, big deal. Asian chicks are notorious for having the bodies of 12-year old boys, if I wanna be mean about it.......

Thanks
    Grumble Grumble

So you're claiming that racism and selfishness prevents you from responding to question against your position. I presume this is racism and selfishness on your part...
    Nah, I'm saying racism and selfishness is the reason why westerner must not cosplaying as Anime characters.

But his conveniently ignores the fact that the majority of YouTube traffic actually comes from the far-east. Again, your feeble attempt at a response is shown to be invalid
    Traffic and members is deferent, only youtube members who can post video and comments in there, also it is not true that most youtube traffic or hits come from Asia but it is come from america.

And once again, you try to divert attention from the fact that YOU STILL REFUSE TO RESPOND AGAINST QUESTIONS AGAINST YOUR POSITION!

So far, you're doing a great job on proving why your position is invalid...
    I don't know what question it is you keep saying I'm trying to against or run from.

You just show how badly it is you wish you are an Asian male since you said it yourself that you wish to have an Asian girlfriend while the fact shows over 99,99% Asian females married to Asian males.

It is very ironic when you try to insult Asian males because of your jealousy that you are not an Asian male while you wish to have Asian girlfriend when the fact shows over 99,99% Asian females the one you wish to be your girlfriend choose Asian males.
    Last edited by LenMiyata; May 07, 2009 at 01:50 PM.

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Grumble Grumble Grumble
    Nah, I'm saying racism and selfishness is the reason why westerner must not cosplaying as Anime characters.

Traffic and members is deferent, only youtube members who can post video and comments in there, also it is not true that most youtube traffic or hits come from Asia but it is come from america.
    Really? YouTube officials have made public statement for years stating that this is the case. Its true you have to be a member to post, But why are you assuming that Asians can't become YouTube members

I don't know what question it is you keep saying I'm trying to against or run from.
    Let's try these for starters...
    Grumble Grumble Grumble

So, does this include Cosplaying anime characters who are obviously not Asian in origin...

(e.g. Afro of Afro Samurai, Belldandy of Ah My Goddess, Chad of Bleach) or is a Asian cosplaying a non-asian role the equivalent of a white-actor in black-face playing a black role...

Quote Originally Posted by Shizuka View Post
    So, are you saying this is not your opinion but that of your "buddy"? It's a really poor decision of you to consider someone like that person as a friend. Although I am no one to judge on who you make a friendship with.

But, really...as a person born in Asia and assuming you follow asian traditions. Your two posts put you to shame. Our traditions most publically and avidly emphasizes on being humble, being obedient and pay respect to others. There's a fine line between having pride on your country and ethnicity and then down right being racist.

Aren't you stereotyping the western society a little too much? Just because a few members of the Western world criticizes the things Asians have created doesn't necessarily mean that everyone single living soul thinks that way.

But, even so...what kind of grudge do you hold against westerners? And WHY do you pick such a irrelavent topic such as anime to declare that Asian is the best race? I mean its not like Anime is a solution to a world epidemic or something of that sort. I might as well say that your comparing us almost in the same set of values the Nazis had back in WWII.

And actually anime is influenced on western like characteristics...or else we would be seeing all animes characters in traditonal clothing rather than the western clothing. Neither would we being seeing english words in the anime, as a matter of fact a lot of the Asian languages have adopted english words.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scourge View Post
    I was thinking the exact same thing Arrianna.

And as Shizuka has said, a lot of anime characters are in fact based off western characteristics. Also, you mention saying that anime characters body type are based off of the Asian body type. I would have to respectfully disagree do to the fact that I have not yet seen any one, even Asians, having that physical kind of body type. It’s not possible for the human body to have that kind of physical build to it, not naturally any ways. Now there are people that come close, how ever that is a mixed group of people from all around the world.
    The anime body type we see is based off of what the concept of what looks attractive and sexy and cute to the human mind and this is what the artist draws up.
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Wilde Beast GiG Racer Champion EmoNightmareRose may be famous one day EmoNightmareRose's Avatar
    Thanks

Look kid, you got owned by Len and Arianna.
    Which normally means this topic is over.

You just don't like the truth, and this entire thread was just to call to attention that you're Asian, and obviously by your username and signature you are 'proud' of that to the edge of bordering fascism and Nazi like beliefs.
    And whatever, if you think that you can rule on AO because Asians are the 'dominant race' here because they claim credit for creating anime, that's all on you.

Everyone knows that not all anime characters are Asian, and even if they state it in the show, you think that only Asians can cosplay it.

But what about Artemis and Luna from Sailor Moon? DO CATS COUNT TOO?

Whatever man, get off your high horse, because all races have their upsides and their flaws. And if you think you are a superior race in everything, go sign up at a Nazism website, because that's what you're acting like.

Thanks

Grumble Grumble Grumble

Really? YouTube officials have made public statement for years stating that this is the case. Its true you have to be a member to post, But why are you assuming that Asians can't become YouTube members

Let's try these for starters...
    So you said most youtube members are Asians and not westerner? Even IF what you said were truth about most traffics youtube got are from Asia are not the same as most youtube members are Asians. I never read or heard any official news from youtube saying its trafict mostly from Asia.

By the way, I did some search when I type :

Asian Cosplay got around 1.900 results
    american Cosplay got around 200 results
    western cosplay got around 40 results

It is strongly shows the fact of how Asian cosplayers are better based on youtube website alone.

About I don't reply to most member question in here is because I don't see it worth my time to reply it so I just pick the best of the best of this forum got.

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast