Closed Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Results 41 to 48 of 52

Thread: Why Asians Have To Be The One Cosplaying Anime Characters

  1. #41
    Wilde Beast GiG Racer Champion EmoNightmareRose may be famous one day EmoNightmareRose's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Ohtori Academy
    Posts
    693
    Thanks
    44
    Thanked 51 Times in 44 Posts

    Re: Why Asians Have To Be The One Cosplaying Anime Characters

    Quote Originally Posted by Proud Asian Kid View Post
    So you said most youtube members are Asians and not westerner? Even IF what you said were truth about most traffics youtube got are from Asia are not the same as most youtube members are Asians. I never read or heard any official news from youtube saying its trafict mostly from Asia.

    By the way, I did some search when I type :

    Asian Cosplay got around 1.900 results
    american Cosplay got around 200 results
    western cosplay got around 40 results

    It is badly shows the fact of how Asian cosplayers are better based on youtube website alone.
    Yeah, because we all know Youtube is such an accurate news source. (Sarcasm again)

    Youtube was partially made by white people, by the way.

  2. #42
    Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Silicon Valley, California
    Posts
    5,477
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 172 Times in 147 Posts

    Re: Why Asians Have To Be The One Cosplaying Anime Characters

    Grumble Grumble Grumble
    Quote Originally Posted by Proud Asian Kid View Post
    So you said most youtube members are Asians and not westerner? Even IF what you said were truth about most traffics youtube got are from Asia are not the same as most youtube members are Asians. I never read or heard any official news from youtube saying its trafict mostly from Asia.

    By the way, I did some search when I type :

    Asian Cosplay got around 1.900 results
    american Cosplay got around 200 results
    western cosplay got around 40 results

    It is strongly shows the fact of how Asian cosplayers are better based on youtube website alone.

    About I don't reply to most member question in here is because I don't see it worth my time to reply it so I just pick the best of the best of this forum got.
    YouTube statistics are nothing but a diversion from this thread topic at hand. I'm still waiting for your response to these questions. Take your time, as there's alot of ground to cover that you've ignored up to this point...

    Quote Originally Posted by LenMiyata View Post
    Grumble Grumble Grumble

    So, does this include Cosplaying anime characters who are obviously not Asian in origin...

    (e.g. Afro of Afro Samurai, Belldandy of Ah My Goddess, Chad of Bleach) or is a Asian cosplaying a non-asian role the equivalent of a white-actor in black-face playing a black role...
    Quote Originally Posted by Renn View Post
    Honestly, you just make yourself sound so full of yourself. Have you, yourself, created any of the anime, that we Americans or anyone else you mention, like? You keep mention we this and we that, but I see nothing that you have showed us tells us that you, yourself(besides being an almighty Asian), have created anything (besides this thread, with your statement). Just because many people like to cosplay, for enjoyment I may add, gives you no right to claim anime as your own. These anime are lienced to people around the globe. Other people have a right to cosplay if they want, whether they look right or not. Would you like to take anime away from us? Is that it? Might I add that Asians too do things that are "non-Asian" as well.

    I also like to agree with Len. There are plenty of anime which is based off of "non-asian" themes. I would also like to add Chrono Crusade. One of my favorite anime. It was based in America, along with other things.

    I cannot understand people who think they are so superior because their country has created something big. Strut around like they are so good or something. It's people like you who don't understand just because your country has created something like anime, gives you no right to say things about others. I know others, such as Americans, do that, which shames me, but if we can learn to understand, then we are one step closer to a better world.

    Well there is my rant. I couldn't help myself......>.<
    Quote Originally Posted by TaurusDemon23 View Post
    Has anyone noticed that most anime characters look white anyways, what with multicolored hair, peach skin, and eyes that are NOT brown or black?
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrianna View Post
    That is your problem not ours. Here is a hint for you though, what you are expressing isn't pride it is prejudice. I think you will find little sympathy for it here.

    Or should we be throwing tizzy fits because of this: http://english.people.com.cn/200511/...s/1123_E81.jpg

    Awwww aren't they adorable???


    Oh and just to give you something to chew on:
    Adella cosplay
    Tristen Citrine | Las Vegas Cosplayer
    Ginny McQueen - American Cosplay Girl * Model * Costumer
    Laura's Costumes



    Some people just have waaaay to much time on their hands.

    <- (Is currently sewing multiple outfits for Renshow)
    Quote Originally Posted by atomik_sprout View Post
    Your pride is yours and yours alone. It has no affect on how I--or anyone else--should think. I'm a proud bi-racial kid. Do you think that I wear it on my sleeve? Should I go around sayin' things like, "Us funny colored people are better at everything in life than anyone else and we should run the country because inter-racial dating is okay now,"? Or, maybe I should pick a racial empowerment group and join forces with them. Yeah, that's it! I'll be a neo-nazi!!

    Just because Asians did something cool, it doesn't give you the right to rub it in our faces and say that other races are "lesser races" because a bunch of Asians can draw well. I draw well, do I get special treatment? Besides, not ALL Asians are excellent anime/manga artists. In fact (almost) all anime and manga comes from Japan anyway. (I know Korea's hip on the scene as well, but I've never seen any other part of Asia produce anything as far as anime is concerned.) Are you even Japanese??? Do you even draw???




    Eh... Maybe.



    LMAO!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shizuka View Post
    So, are you saying this is not your opinion but that of your "buddy"? It's a really poor decision of you to consider someone like that person as a friend. Although I am no one to judge on who you make a friendship with.

    But, really...as a person born in Asia and assuming you follow asian traditions. Your two posts put you to shame. Our traditions most publically and avidly emphasizes on being humble, being obedient and pay respect to others. There's a fine line between having pride on your country and ethnicity and then down right being racist.

    Aren't you stereotyping the western society a little too much? Just because a few members of the Western world criticizes the things Asians have created doesn't necessarily mean that everyone single living soul thinks that way.

    But, even so...what kind of grudge do you hold against westerners? And WHY do you pick such a irrelavent topic such as anime to declare that Asian is the best race? I mean its not like Anime is a solution to a world epidemic or something of that sort. I might as well say that your comparing us almost in the same set of values the Nazis had back in WWII.

    And actually anime is influenced on western like characteristics...or else we would be seeing all animes characters in traditonal clothing rather than the western clothing. Neither would we being seeing english words in the anime, as a matter of fact a lot of the Asian languages have adopted english words.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scourge View Post
    I was thinking the exact same thing Arrianna.

    And as Shizuka has said, a lot of anime characters are in fact based off western characteristics. Also, you mention saying that anime characters body type are based off of the Asian body type. I would have to respectfully disagree do to the fact that I have not yet seen any one, even Asians, having that physical kind of body type. It’s not possible for the human body to have that kind of physical build to it, not naturally any ways. Now there are people that come close, how ever that is a mixed group of people from all around the world.
    The anime body type we see is based off of what the concept of what looks attractive and sexy and cute to the human mind and this is what the artist draws up.
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to LenMiyata For This Useful Post:

    EmoNightmareRose (May 07, 2009)

  4. #43
    Newbie Proud Asian Kid is off to a good start
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    ASIA - Land Of Anime Creators -
    Posts
    10
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EmoNightmareRose View Post
    Yeah, because we all know Youtube is such an accurate news source. (Sarcasm again)

    Youtube was partially made by white people, by the way.
    Youtube is just a small example that can show PROOF of how Asian cosplayers are better or the best, it is the closer proof to see since almost anyone who have internet can access it so you don't have to go to real live asking millions of peoples who are into Anime about who is the best cosplayer.

    Quote Originally Posted by LenMiyata View Post
    Grumble Grumble Grumble

    YouTube statistics are nothing but a diversion from this thread topic at hand. I'm still waiting for your response to these questions. Take your time, as there's alot of ground to cover that you've ignored up to this point...
    I'm just showing how youtube can be used to see the proof or fact of how Asian cosplayers are better.

    I already answers all your questions including how afro samurai is not an Anime so that of course any Asian will not able to pull the characters off. About Chad or other characters you mentioned, to you they not look Asian but I'm so I'm not going to try to convince you they are Asian because we Asians made them using Manga art the same art we Asians used to make all our other Anime characters that our Asians facial and body form.

    Manga art will not called as Manga art if the human character it drawn not look like Asian, such as typical Manga characters like Chii from Chobits, Haruhi Suzumiya, Metis, Aigis no matter what colour their hair and eyes are or no matter what name and nationality we Asians give them.

    It will be hard for anyone who not study Manga art to know the concept of Manga art.
    Last edited by LenMiyata; May 07, 2009 at 02:40 PM.
    REMEMBER we Asians are the one who made ALL of the Anime you love
    REMEMBER we Asians are the one who make the most awesome video games
    Who the most cutest and adorable males & females? Asian
    Are you proud to be Asian? YES! I'm very proud to be Asian!

  5. #44
    Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Silicon Valley, California
    Posts
    5,477
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 172 Times in 147 Posts

    Re: Why Asians Have To Be The One Cosplaying Anime Characters

    Grumble Grumble Grumble
    Quote Originally Posted by Proud Asian Kid View Post
    ...About Chad or other characters you mentioned, to you they not look Asian but I'm so I'm not going to try to convince you they are Asian because we Asians made them using Manga art the same art we Asians used to make all our other Anime characters that our Asians facial and body form.

    Manga art will not called as Manga art if the human character it drawn not look like Asian, such as typical Manga characters like Chii from Chobits, Haruhi Suzumiya, Metis, Aigis no matter what colour their hair and eyes are or no matter what name and nationality we Asians give them.

    It will be hard for anyone who not study Manga art to know the concept of Manga art.
    So you're claiming that Chad (who is described as coming from Mexico in both the Manga and the Anime series) is actually a asian character cosplaying as a Mexican??? And this doesn't explain the Blond hair/blue eyed Belldandy, who obviously represents a Norse goddess. And that hair and eye color don't matter, even though that blond hair, and blue/green eyes are not apart of the Asian phenotype???

    And by the way, if you claim you already responded to these question, then where are these detailed responses located? (A simple quote of the response from this thread would be sufficient proof...) Because I didn't see them when quoting questions from this thread...

    (Or are you simply trying to avoid responding to questions against your position again!!!)
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

  6. #45
    Randomly Renny!!! XD Boiler Breakdown Champion, Lotads Lament Champion, Crystal Island Champion, Festive Fallout Champion Renn may be famous one day Renn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Who knows??? O_O
    Posts
    949
    Thanks
    13
    Thanked 28 Times in 26 Posts

    Re: Why Asians Have To Be The One Cosplaying Anime Characters

    Again, like Len said I have waited for your responses to not just mine but everyone else that has asked a reasonable good question. Do you feel like not answering our question simplely because you think they are all the same? Because they are not.

    One thing I must say to you: Grow up. We live in a world where any person can do what they want. What's wrong with people wanting to cosplaying? If you say you're not being racist, then why make a thread such as this? Just shows how truely ignorant you are about the world.

    'This world is trash. Cursed by the Fon Master...'

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to Renn For This Useful Post:

    Scourge (May 07, 2009)

  8. #46
    Otaku Alchemy II Champion Shizuka is off to a good start
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    U.S.
    Posts
    172
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 15 Times in 14 Posts

    Re: Why Asians Have To Be The One Cosplaying Anime Characters

    Look can you do us all a favor and just shut the hell up? Your supposed "ideals" is just gonna get us going round and round. Anime is nothing but a form of entertainment and will ABSOLUTELY NOT solve anything neither will it ever be a requirement for status in the political world. Therefore, your claim of Asians being the supposed superior race in your mind is a COMPLETE FLOP.

    Like everyone said, everytime your posting you almost always refuse to answer our questions OR for that matter answer anything properly. The fact that EVERYONE disagrees with you, should make something click in your mind that just maybe just maybe your insipid thoughts won't be accepted by other people who think logically.
    "An eye for an eye leaves the world blind"- Ghandi

  9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Shizuka For This Useful Post:

    Renn (May 07, 2009), Scourge (May 08, 2009)

  10. #47
    Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    3,259
    Thanks
    19
    Thanked 140 Times in 108 Posts

    Re: Why Asians Have To Be The One Cosplaying Anime Characters

    Quote Originally Posted by Proud Asian Kid View Post
    By the way, I did some search when I type :

    Asian Cosplay got around 1.900 results
    american Cosplay got around 200 results
    western cosplay got around 40 results
    Ah, but you are forgetting the 'arrogance' of the 'American' people. I don't know of any reason they would label their uploads as "american Cosplay" but just Cosplay. In fact why would anyone label the country it came from unless it wasn't their own or they felt that for some reason they needed to be differentiated from everyone else. If everyone who is 'Asian' feels the need to label their uploads "Asian Cosplay" doesn't that mean that they don't actually "own" it after all by default?

    Your "facts" are seriously flawed not just by that but your own numbers. You see if I do a search for "Cosplay" I get app 110,000 returns. Now if only 1,900 of those are definitely from "Asian" sources then where are the other 108,100 of them from?


    If you are going to use Youtube as a source of proof for your "truth" you are pretty much up a river. So how about you actually try and come up with some real proof to counter some of the points already brought up to you? Here's a thought, you could instead say "oh sorry, I was wrong". But I doubt that will happen somehow.

    l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

  11. #48
    Wilde Beast GiG Racer Champion EmoNightmareRose may be famous one day EmoNightmareRose's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Ohtori Academy
    Posts
    693
    Thanks
    44
    Thanked 51 Times in 44 Posts

    Re: Why Asians Have To Be The One Cosplaying Anime Characters

    Whatever, I'm totally out of this now. I've wasted enough time on this loser, and obviously he just made another account just to come again and annoy us all.

    He won't answer one question, this entire topic is racist against Asians and Caucasians, and it'd be different if he'd actually had a reasonable defense, but he doesn't.
    It's not really a debate, but more of a 'Shut the Hell up, and answer our questions' thing now. I'm with Taurus on this and just saying all of what he has said so far is bullshit.

Closed Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. cosplaying
    By nikiru in forum Cyber Lounge
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: Jun 27, 2007, 02:48 PM
  2. The best looking Characters in anime.
    By rksamurai in forum Anime Fanatics Vault
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: Dec 05, 2006, 12:22 PM
  3. Cosplaying
    By Darkpaladin64 in forum Cyber Lounge
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: Oct 17, 2006, 02:06 PM
  4. What anime characters would never say
    By hellsboy in forum Anime
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: Jul 06, 2006, 11:28 PM
  5. who`s have Cosplaying ?? ~^_^~
    By cibits-chan in forum The Thread Vault
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: Jul 08, 2005, 12:53 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts