Closed Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7

Thread: Why Asians Have To Be The One Cosplaying Anime Characters

Newbie Proud Asian Kid is off to a good start
    Thanks

Re: Why Asians Have To Be The One Cosplaying Anime Characters

Quote Originally Posted by LenMiyata View Post
    Grumble Grumble Grumble

So you're claiming that Chad (who is described as coming from Mexico in both the Manga and the Anime series) is actually a asian character cosplaying as a Mexican??? And this doesn't explain the Blond hair/blue eyed Belldandy, who obviously represents a Norse goddess. And that hair and eye color don't matter, even though that blond hair, and blue/green eyes are not apart of the Asian phenotype???
    In other words you judge someone look Asian or western based on their name, nationality also hair & eyes colour, not from their facial and body form? I think you are going to call Jackie Chan as a westerner if he bleach his heair blond, wore blue contact lense and change his name.

And by the way, if you claim you already responded to these question, then where are these detailed responses located? (A simple quote of the response from this thread would be sufficient proof...) Because I didn't see them when quoting questions from this thread...

(Or are you simply trying to avoid responding to questions against your position again!!!)
    I'm not replying any members question in here, I just pick the best of the best of them, there is a worthless question in here being asked by one of the member about how we Asians made Anime based on american cartoon.

It is very ironic because the one who made all Anime are Asians without any help from american while on the other hand you american not capable to make even 1 Anime to this day so what that person said are nothing more than his/her fantasy motivated by his/her pathetic effort of trying to get credits from our Anime.

What is more ironic is why is he/she keep CHOOSING to watch Anime? Because if what he/she said are true it will make our Anime as a copy of american cartoon which will become as the original of our Anime. I'm sure you know the original are the best so then why is he/she keep watching our Anime and not his/her own american cartoon?

On the other hand he/she keep saying we Asians make Anime by copying his/her american cartoon while his/her action said it is american who copy Anime to make cartoon. Action speak louder than words.
    REMEMBER we Asians are the one who made ALL of the Anime you love
    REMEMBER we Asians are the one who make the most awesome video games
    Who the most cutest and adorable males & females? Asian
    Are you proud to be Asian? YES! I'm very proud to be Asian!

You's Trollin Pro Leafblower Champion, Helicopter Champion ketaro is making a name for themselves ketaro is making a name for themselves ketaro's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Proud Asian Kid View Post

It is very ironic because the one who made all Anime are Asians without any help from Americans
    Some of the animation techniques used in anime are from the US and other countries like France, Germany and Russia back when animation was being explored. In few words, Japan borrowed those already explored techniques and created their own. In a sense, they did in fact receive help from the US.

Anime article

while on the other hand you Americans are not capable to make even 1 Anime to this day so what that person said are nothing more than his/her fantasy motivated by his/her pathetic effort of trying to get credits from our Anime
    They did, the animated series "The Boondocks" has anime animation traits.

Otaku lapislazuli is off to a good start lapislazuli's Avatar
    48° 07' – 48° 19' N 16° 11' – 16° 34' E or short: behind you.
    Thanks

Really, I don't get why this got 5 pages actually.
    It's like arguing with a wall: The wall won't change its position either, no matter what you do.
    This is utterly useless, he will never change his wrong, twisted mind.
    Last edited by lapislazuli; May 08, 2009 at 06:17 AM.
    You are now breathing manually. :P

E&OE;

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Grumble Grumble Grumble
    In other words you judge someone look Asian or western based on their name, nationality also hair & eyes colour, not from their facial and body form? I think you are going to call Jackie Chan as a westerner if he bleach his heair blond, wore blue contact lense and change his name.
    So basically, what you're doing is second guessing the original intent of the Manga artist. If the author actually wanted a asian Mexican character, then why didn't he have a asian character who had moved overseas in his youth to live in Mexico. This same plot background has been used in many other Manga stories.

I'm not replying any members question in here, I just pick the best of the best of them, there is a worthless question in here being asked by one of the member about how we Asians made Anime based on american cartoon.
    Now what I don't understand is why are you so afraid to address the questions against your position. If you're incapable of defending them, you shouldn't be posting them to begin with...

It is very ironic because the one who made all Anime are Asians without any help from american while on the other hand you american not capable to make even 1 Anime to this day so what that person said are nothing more than his/her fantasy motivated by his/her pathetic effort of trying to get credits from our Anime.
    Now considering that the generally accepted definition of Anime is animation written and targeted for a Japanese audience, this isn't surprising at all. Its not to say that Americans are not capable of making successful animation. I understand that the award winning Pixar movies (which have also taken awards in the far east) are great sellers in the far east market. And the director of the award winning Anime movie 'Tekkonkinkreet' is an American, so even taken as a whole, your statement is obviously wrong.

What is more ironic is why is he/she keep CHOOSING to watch Anime? Because if what he/she said are true it will make our Anime as a copy of american cartoon which will become as the original of our Anime. I'm sure you know the original are the best so then why is he/she keep watching our Anime and not his/her own american cartoon?

On the other hand he/she keep saying we Asians make Anime by copying his/her american cartoon while his/her action said it is american who copy Anime to make cartoon. Action speak louder than words.
    Its true that the best of TV Anime has better stories and animation. But what does this have to do with Anime/Manga being limited to Asians only...

To sum up this thread so far, you claim that for westerners to Cosplay blond haired blued eyed characters is selfish and racist, while claiming that asians can do the same without being selfish and racist. You have also stated that you are unwilling/refuse to/ or incapable of responding to questions made against your positions, indicating that you have no intentions of 'debating' your position. Once you've declared that you're unwilling to debate in a debate forum, you've essentially declared a forfeit of your position. You can't complain that you weren't given the chance to do so, as were given more opportunities to do so then what you could possible ask for...

To the members of Anime Online, the question will come up if these kind of racist debate threads so be allowed in the forums. The fact remains that suppressing or ignoring these racist concepts won't make them go away. It may be better just to let them speak their word so that the whole world can see that this ugliness still exists, and how arrogant and unreasonable their positions are...

This is about as much entertainment value were going to get out of this topic, as it looks like the same tired and invalid statements are going to be presented again...

Time to close this thread...
    Last edited by LenMiyata; May 08, 2009 at 02:41 PM.
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to LenMiyata For This Useful Post:

Abu Dhabi (May 08, 2009), !aceman67 (May 08, 2009), EmoNightmareRose (May 08, 2009), Renn (May 08, 2009)

Closed Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7