Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: why do people go crazy over japanese animation?

Otaku souichiro_arima may be famous one day souichiro_arima may be famous one day souichiro_arima's Avatar
    Thanks

why do people go crazy over japanese animation?

ANIME, or Japanese animation, is a billion dollar industry in Japan. And just like other Japanese products that have hit our shores, this exciting import has grown more sophisticated through the decades.

Now that anime is really been wide known in every corner, I thought of WHY does people go crazy about it? So people can share any insight of their own may or may not supported by any source(but much better if there is). If so, please indicate the source for better understanding. Thnx.

P.S. Im asking this for my thesis, so please bear with the up coming questions.

"Bring salvation to akuma's soul."

You's Trollin Pro Leafblower Champion, Helicopter Champion ketaro is making a name for themselves ketaro is making a name for themselves ketaro's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: why do people go crazy over japanese animation?

I would say because most anime obsessed people don't have a life and opt to waste their time watching anime rather than doing something constructive that will benefit them greatly.

Horror movies rule Graveyard Champion Familyguyfan2 may be famous one day Familyguyfan2 may be famous one day Familyguyfan2's Avatar
    Thanks

Most people that go crazy over it are obsessed. I'm not obsessed,but I like anime. I think the animation is better than some regular cartoons though.

Legendary Otaku Happy Pill Champion, Monkey Mayhem Champion NeoDeath90 may be famous one day NeoDeath90 may be famous one day NeoDeath90's Avatar
    Thanks

Anime is just TV. for the people with no real social life, TV is a great outlet, and often on the tv, be it through DVR or DVDs, anime is usually on the plate.

Why is it an obsession? Probably because with all of the stupidity on our televisions, watching an anime with a clear storyline and interesting characters is most likely something american viewers crave.

Basically i think it boils down to this. Anime is a phenomenon because it goes off the beaten path with animation. Instead of every episode in a series be different than another, one can view it as a book, full of character development, plot twists, all leading up to a conclusion.
    Why hello there!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to NeoDeath90 For This Useful Post:

Franco (Nov 13, 2008)

Newbie taz452 is off to a good start taz452's Avatar
    Thanks

sorry to say but Japanese animation is the best anime i can ask there are some
    there form there counites that are good but japanese animation make the animation
    for now

Otaku souichiro_arima may be famous one day souichiro_arima may be famous one day souichiro_arima's Avatar
    Thanks

If I will draw a conclusion of what have been said, people who only does less of work and does not have things to spare their time with get to watch anime and become their obsessions.

For this great time, for about 4-5 decades approximately when anime started to air in televisions in Japan, people get to love the art as they develop. Then how do you say that its just been a pass time for those who haven't much work to do? For you as a lover of the art, how do you find it aside from being different innovation to animation?

"Bring salvation to akuma's soul."

Poultry Projectile Cannon Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge's Avatar
    Thanks

As said by many other people here. These people who like anime with to much time on their hands and don’t get out of the house very often and there for turns into an obsession.

Now I like anime because it has better story lines and art style. But that’s just me. And I also do other things as well to preoccupy my time.
    "MY DEAR... I GIVE YOU THE CAPELLAN CONFEDERATION"
    AND THUS THE WAR WAS STARTED NOT BY GUN SHOT BUT BY WEDDING BELLS

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Scourge For This Useful Post:

Kuinta (Sep 05, 2008)

Newbie Kryptoniteray is off to a good start Kryptoniteray's Avatar
    Thanks

Because it's different .There are so many cartoons but these Japanese animations are different.They have something that catches the eye, you can always found something that suits your interests or you can simply relate to their story.And yes, it's a big difference between loving anime and going crazy over it.I'm not obsessed, maybe because I always try to keep myself busy with many things, and not with one activity only.
    Heaven holds a sense of wonder and I wanted to believe that I'd get caught up when the rage in me subsides.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast