Closed Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: why do people go crazy over japanese animation?

Otaku SweetCandi is off to a good start SweetCandi's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: why do people go crazy over japanese animation?

hmm..i have yet to understand either why ppl do..i mean..incujding me too...i know i like it..cuz the stories and the drawings/animation is really good compared to american animation and stuff..i guess something about jap animation is awsome and stands out..that ppl are hook..i mean japan did start the whole anime indusrty ..right?

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

Coming in late...

My personal theory on why Anime can become such an obsession, in the US at least, is that Hollywood just sucks that bad. Since Japan has a huge percentage of it's shows in animation due to expense etc you can also find just about any kind of show no matter what your tastes so it appeals to a wide pool of people. They also show the kind of detail to storyline, characterization, and continuity that is, frankly, missing from the vast majority of US productions. The audience is not treated as collective idiots unable to follow complicated plot lines or dialog without losing interest.

We drown in the mire of dumbed down, patronizing, low brow, "entertainment" in the US. Considering the competition is it any wonder some people become totally addicted the instant they discover anime? They're starving victims that have just discovered the location of a feast (that is often free). The surprising thing isn't that some "go crazy" but that more don't.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Newbie Ralisation is off to a good start Ralisation's Avatar
    Thanks

1.Is this comparing Japanese anime to others(US)?2.or talking about why people became obsessed watching anime...?

1.Ok,I know not a lot about this but all I can say is Japan just does it better,much better than US or should I say dominating.

2.Everything is possible in anime.Things you fantasizes often,gets all real here.Things that is impossible to achieve,obtain,etc are all happening here.Some dramas that strike you hard,makes you emotional.Genres of all kinds,it is all here.Fansubs are everywhere,you can watch them everyday,anytime and it is free.Those beautiful animation and drawings which you can't get off your mind(This is why I started watching them,not now maybe).Easy to become hooked but how crazy turns you 'obsessed'?Recluse?I don't even know if I am one myself.I watched them often in my leisure time.

Classic avatar!

Strange Times Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark.'s Avatar
    Thanks

This kinda just came to me, I don't know if this is everyone's reason, but here's my theory:

I believe anime is so popular because it offers an alternative to the humor driven, abstract style of animation we feature in america. Most american cartoons feature talking animals that look very cartoony, the art style is often very infant-like and appears to be uncomplicated (when in reality much of it is complicated.) Then there's disney animation which has a bit more realism, but let's face it, Bambi or Snow White and the Seven Dwarves wasn't exactly "action packed." But then you have anime which is dramatic, bloody, and a lot of style, plus its not just episodes, its all a big story, always a quest. Some people like the alternative, different style, more action-packed, more dramatic, (and sometimes much more obviously sensual).

However if you look at anime like I do you realize that though it is a great alternative, it often has just as many shortcomings as its american neighbors. It's not special, not even innovative, just different.

Newbie wilhelmus is off to a good start
    Thanks

For me it started with the cool animations and over the top action.But i keep watching because of the not straight-forward storylines and depth of the characters.Also the humor and emotions found in anime is seldom seen these days on television.And that's why...

Otaku Shin Ryuga is off to a good start
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by phoensims View Post
    I don't think that's necessarily true... just because people love anime doesn't mean that they don't have a life

that whould mean that most peole on AO don't have A LIFE..... that whould be like ... bunno.. rude ?

and af for why ? ppl like anime....i think the humor in animes in really unique... it really get's my mind of reality and i really get sucked into it because the storyline is so much more complexe than anyonter movie/cartoon out there

Thx allot AO 4 makeing me resize this....i'm being sarcastic......

Abomination Smacky Champion, Celebrity Power Lifte Champion, Crash Test Dummy High Jump Champion, Super Track 2001 Champion, Endless Flight Champion, Drop Kick Champion, Bloody Rage Champion, Dropkick The Faint Champion, Splash Back Champion Spin Da Ish is off to a good start Spin Da Ish's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Aleister Sithis View Post
    Why do people go crazy or Star Wars? Why do people go crazy over DC or MArvel COmics? Why do people go crazy over Johnny Depp? Why do people go crazy over LOTR? Why do people go crazy over fantasy books?

'Cause they like them THAT much.
    Late but w.e

Anyways, i agree with Aleister Sithis mainly because he does bring up great point. The reason why people are, i would say obsessed, but enjoy anime a lot is the same reason why people enjoy so many other things. Some people will enjoy football and others will enjoy cartoons brought from japan. It is just television and people just enjoy television that much. and cosplay might be bit over your head but think of those who dress up like clone troopers at starwars movies. All we all are, are just simple fans who express our fan-stuff buy buying thier things and dressing up as our favorite characters. That is just what fans do. If there were no fans, how would the thing sell
    ? and fans spread the word about anime and thus creating a larger fan base. For example i didnt know about anime until my friend from Korea came a long and told me a bout something called anime. This was when i was 7 though :P. Anyways, to make a long story short, all we are are fans and fans may be obsessed but we just do what other people do to other things. Isn't wearing your favorite basketball player jearsy a bit overdoing it? i dont think so. and neither should taking styles made by drawings be anymore 'overdoing it'

~BLAH

Newbie PointlessWings is off to a good start PointlessWings's Avatar
    Thanks

Some people are really obsessed with Japanese anime. I think the reason is that the obsessed fan cannot express themselves or use the anime as an escape of their own life.

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast