Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Why do 'some' atheist hate the Christians religion so much?

Newbie Aerith is off to a good start Aerith's Avatar
    Thanks

Why do 'some' atheist hate the Christians religion so much?

Recently, my Biology teacher threw a bible across the classroom! Not that I am a Christian, but that's not how you treat other peoples religion. When we asked him why he did it, he said ''That book is full of lies; it will not do me no harm''. Every time, I'm in his lesson he is always talking about how there are many mistake in the Bible. Always, criticizing the Bible. So my question is why do 'some' Atheist hate the Christianity religion more than other religion?

P.S. He teaches in a Christian school because he says he want ''people to realize the Bible is full of lies''
    Girl58 likes this.

Strange Times Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark.'s Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Why do 'some' atheist hate the Christians religion so much?

I think most people who hate the christian faith were people that were forced to observe the religion when they were young and as they grow up they just become bitter. I mean the reasons are different for everyone, for example they get introduced to people who already hate the religion and just bash it and bring up all the illogical/improbable things in the bible that the church tells people happened literally. Another big reason is if a person or their family member suffers a lot or has died when that person thought they shouldn't and then they're mad at God for 'letting that happen'. Some people don't like the contradicting morals in the bible, some people don't even have a problem with the bible but the church itself (like yours truly). Some churches become too prejudice or certain groups will start doing bad stuff in Christianity's name, and then when that happens the media of course has to capitalize on it giving the religion and the church bad PR.

It's all about the public face of the religion. If you do something in the name of your God or your beliefs that don't correspond with the religion itself or are unethical by today's standards, you're going to make yourself and your faith look bad. Then people concentrate not on the good the faith provides, but only the bad because that's the only thing that interests people, when the system fails, not when it succeeds. That in itself is almost more pathetic than the people doing weird or unethical things in the name of their god, but that's how our world works a lot of the time.

I wouldn't call myself an atheist, but I have a lot of friends that are and I know their reasons and I understand and often can relate to their reasons for not liking religion. Probably my main problem with religion is the constant pressure and insistence church people put on us sinners, as if we need reminding that time is short because I think most of us know and we get sick of being reminded of it. (and a lot of us try to escape the thought thru means we often regret)

I firmly believe that if a person is to have faith it must be a journey of self discovery for it to truly mean something, which is why I dislike the church so much. You have to want to do it, and it has to be for the right reasons otherwise following it is shallow and meaningless. The church tries to be comforting and encouraging (at least some of them do) but they don't realize that even when they're trying to be their nicest they sometimes can still scare people away. I also have friends who've found the right formula; who really believe in God in ways that are not shallow or two-faced and they truly are happier because of it. And I honestly hope someday I become a big enough person that I can do that too, because beneath all the doubt and politics and bad PR there is only the idea itself which is very powerful and truly comforting.

Banned beast may be famous one day beast may be famous one day beast's Avatar
    Thanks

First let me say I hope he gets reported and fired if he is teaching at a private school.

Secondly the man is an idiot. I hope he stays in America. There are countries that take religion very seriously and not just muslim-dominated countries either.

But I have noticed the same things you have about hate. If you notice atheist tend to be bitter people over all and the most opinionated as well, which is what they accuse Christians of.

One reason for this may be they have no belief in anything but themselves. Therefore they bring a lot of negative karma on themselves. What is really the point of being civil to an atheist? What reason do atheist have to be happy about? If there is no god we are an accident and nothing matters since they will die any ways.

Technically speaking by atheist logic I could torture and kill an atheist and I am not going to hell for it. As long as I don't get caught I am fine. It is a bleak out look.

You's Trollin Pro Leafblower Champion, Helicopter Champion ketaro is making a name for themselves ketaro is making a name for themselves ketaro's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by beast View Post
    Technically speaking by atheist logic I could torture and kill an atheist and I am not going to hell for it. As long as I don't get caught I am fine. It is a bleak out look.
    Because hell does not exist. If you commit such crime you will be torture and mutilated before punishing you with death.

I think the biology teacher went too far by throwing the bible across the room. It may be a book of lies as he says, but it is still a book with some morals and teaching that are helpful as long as you don't take the entire book literally.

Newbie Aerith is off to a good start Aerith's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by beast View Post
    First let me say I hope he gets reported and fired if he is teaching at a private school.
    He doesn't teach in a private school. It's a public school. His those kind of teachers that students favour. They think he is the 'coolest' teacher in school, because he never makes us do work. We just discuss Religious issue. I hardly attened his lesson, his wasting my biology lesson. I hate him with passion.

Secondly the man is an idiot. I hope he stays in America. There are countries that take religion very seriously and not just muslim-dominated countries either.
    Lol. I agree his is an idoit. He doesn't consider himself an idoit, though. I think an athiest will consider themselves opposite of an 'idoit'.

He lives in England.

What do you mean by 'muslim-dominated countries'? Sorry, I am slow. I hate that about myself.

But I have noticed the same things you have about hate. If you notice atheist tend to be bitter people over all and the most opinionated as well, which is what they accuse Christians of.
    I agree, atheist people are VERY opinionative . And also because he teaches in a Christian he always see the Christian people reading the Bible in the class, he gets annoyed. For him as a teacher he needs to attened Christain assembles. It's all a bit stupid. His all there mumbling words to himself. When the Christain people are praying. That's rude! To save him stress he could just leave the assemble or the whole school.

One reason for this may be they have no belief in anything but themselves. Therefore they bring a lot of negative karma on themselves. What is really the point of being civil to an atheist? What reason do atheist have to be happy about? If there is no god we are an accident and nothing matters since they will die any ways.
    I thought Athesit people where the happiest people?

Why an atheist? Can you not kill an non-atheist? and not go to hell for it?And as you said as long as you don't get caught. ( Or was it just an example? )

Strange Times Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark.'s Avatar
    Thanks

I think your outlook on atheism is bleak, beast. You do realize most atheists are such BECAUSE of religion, right? They lose faith because of all the negative things people do "in the name of God", and it disgusts them because they know it's wrong.

People, atheist or not, have a lot to be happy about, being alive for one. Just because atheists don't agree with your viewpoint of our origin, doesn't make them the heartless, unhappy people you're painting them to be. Have you no sense of existentialism? The concept is that if there is truly no God and our existence is merely a statistical anomaly, then this life is the only one you've got, so live it up! Are you trying to tell me living life to the fullest isn't something you believe in? Come on.

Not believing in God doesn't make you a bad person, we all believe in justice and ethics, we all know what is wrong and right in hearts, and you don't have to believe in God to know that. An atheist confident in their beliefs is no different from a christian confident in their beliefs: by that I mean they're both calm, civil people to talk to. Of course some people are defensive or aggressive when it comes to talking about it, but you can't take those types and cast the whole group as such. Then you're no better than a hateful atheist or hateful christian.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Dark. For This Useful Post:

rilakkuma (Feb 20, 2011)

Banned beast may be famous one day beast may be famous one day beast's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Aerith View Post
    He doesn't teach in a private school. It's a public school. His those kind of teachers that students favour. They think he is the 'coolest' teacher in school, because he never makes us do work. We just discuss Religious issue. I hardly attened his lesson, his wasting my biology lesson. I hate him with passion.

What do you mean by 'muslim-dominated countries'? Sorry, I am slow. I hate that about myself.

Why an atheist? Can you not kill an non-atheist? and not go to hell for it?And as you said as long as you don't get caught. ( Or was it just an example? )
    What I mean by muslim or buhddist dominated is that in that country that religion is the primary religion. People often think in muslim countries alone people get touchy about religion and that is not the case. Many people know if you throw a koran around you can expect to get beat up. They don't thinl those of other religions.

The issue of killing is just an example. In other words what is the reason for €e not to kill an atheist is by their own admission there will be no judgement. I don't need to worry about moral issues just about not being caught by the law. I wonder what would be going through an atheist mind if he were being murdered. After all who will we be held responsible to, the police and courts do no one any good in that situation. Only afterwards. Without the judgment of God or the here after life there is no reason for people to behave. We should do what we feel like in that case.

Otaku sangogirl may be famous one day sangogirl may be famous one day sangogirl's Avatar
    Thanks

I understan what you mean when you say 'some' atheist are over the top. I bet there are a lot of mellow chill atheist, i mean that is the only way a atheist would make sense to me, if they didn't give a rat's booty about religion and just let others believe what they do. in my life i have only met one, and he seemed really passionate about telling people that believing in god was a waste of time and blah blah blah. the way i see it, i don't go around trying to evangelize people, i didn't go up to him and go on for hours and hours trying to debunk his ideas of life, so why does he have to go and automatically start on a long lecture about how his beliefs are right? to me it's the same thing as being religious. You call yourself a certain name (like muslims, jews, catholics; Atheist) you identify with other that believe the same thing, they are conviced that they way is the right way, and they are consistantly trying to convert other to their ways. To me they many are the same as those radical jehova groups, except that instead of going door to door they ambush you once you get to college. And yeah, i would have really liked that class if the teacher wasn't so rude, i mean half of his beliefs in my religion (catholism) were incorrect, and when i tried to correct him he wouldn't listen to me and kept on ranting about his incorrect beliefs on catholism.
    every rose has a thorn

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast