Closed Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Why do some people hate emos

Strange Times Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark.'s Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Why do some people hate emo's

P.R Princess is right on, the stereotype of most emos is that they are whiners that they only bitch about their "horrible" lives and don't do much of anything else. What really gets them in trouble is that they have no reason to whine or be as upset or dramatic as they are in society's eyes, thus, they are scorned. If you just look emo and don't act it, I'm cool with you.

moral of the story: society doesn't like whiners who whine when they have no woes.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Dark. For This Useful Post:

P.R. Princess (Feb 29, 2008)

Otaku animemeg may be famous one day animemeg may be famous one day animemeg's Avatar
    Thanks

I dislike it for two reasons

1. I like it for the same reasons that I dislike most goth, emo, scene, punk, etc people. I did it before it was cool, and I did it realizing what it was. I am more rough then other people, the look and music of the "darker" labels just appealed to me. I did not do it to make a huge statement about standing out because guess what all goth people are the same. And I did not do it as a "I am so depressed" ploy for the world.

2. The second reason I hate it is because it like most of the "darker" trends takes something that makes it what it's not. You should not be emo to be emo... If you define yourself as such you fail and are not getting the point. These trends start because music movements (mostly other things too) then are taken by large numbers of high school nobodys to be the new hip thing.

It's for all the same reasons I hate punk... If you are doing it to be punk (or in this case emo) by definition you aren't, and you don't get it.

The sad thing with this is there is probably some "emo" kids that are mislabelled and judged... To them it is just a preferred style and music taste and have gotten it by never trying to make themselves that....

Chtonian Slayer Astaroth may be famous one day Astaroth's Avatar
    Thanks

I am not sure that people "hate" emo's.....
    It is just like another "outside" group of people that the "normal" society cannot accept and understand..and their confusion usually turns out to being anooyance or maybe a stronger feeling such as hate...
    I do not personally hate emo's but i try to steer clear of them as best as i can......because no offense or anything but their depression usually rubs off at me and I tend to get depressed with them....so that is not a good thing for me.....but still I know a lot of emo's and just like punk rock or goth or any other group...people should not judge them because the are a little bit "unique"
    DO NOT MAKE ME UNLEASH MY INNER DEMON

Otaku tifa4cloud may be famous one day tifa4cloud may be famous one day tifa4cloud's Avatar
    Thanks

well being into that whole type of genre myself i know that when people hate me it usually has a lot to do with the way i dress the people im with our the music im into in reality these people just cant come to terms with something outside of normal but then again define normal what i see as "ordinary" may be weird in someone elses opinion so my message to people like that is grow up and stop judging the book by its cover its whats inside that counts. also can i just point out that all emos who say they hate chavs should learn to grow up your no better nor worse than they are

thank you equinn

Otaku animemeg may be famous one day animemeg may be famous one day animemeg's Avatar
    Thanks

Again restating my point, people defend emo because they say that the world can not except what's different and "outside".

However if you go to the average high school in the country (at least my region) there are twice as many emo kids as any other kid... I would hardly say they are on the outside.

Which again goes back to my point, at least in American most kids that are "emo" are not in it for the music, not because it's just what they like, none of that. They do it for the express reason of feeling different, which they fail at because there are SO MANY of them and makes them fake.

Again this not to everyone... Not everyone that is in the "emo" cat. follows that example... It's just the majority of them. Just like goth, punk, etc, just on a larger scale.

Messenger of Despair Hive Hero Champion dark angel swordsman may be famous one day dark angel swordsman may be famous one day dark angel swordsman's Avatar
    Thanks

In my opinion, it's this:
    People fear those that are different.
    That's discrimination.
    People hate when they discriminate.
    It's all a cycle pretty much.

I myself have been on the hated side. I felt the hate so to speak because I was different and "unnatural" in a way. People are scared of me and the only way they supressed me and my feelings is by hating me and pushing my existance away as if it were nothing.

So those are my thoughts.
    http://www.animeonline.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=7987&dateline=1181515  689
    I won't let this world exist without me! If I die, we all die! / Avatar & Signature by anime_8000.

Newbie Echo is off to a good start
    Thanks

I've probably told this to a thousand people and I will probably have to tell it to a thousand more, then again it's just my opinion.

First off, I don't believe there is any such thing as "emo". "Emo" is a genre of music that was started by the lead singer of the band Minor Threat. For some reason, unknown to me, some idiot decided to start wearing really tight pants, vans shoes, dye their hair black then spike it really messy, and go pretend like they have problems and pretend to self mutilate (which by the way is NOT COOL AT ALL, doing that is taking help away from the people who really do have problems and really do need help) then by doing so, he or she started this stupid crazy ass trend that has blown up and has been popularized by many bands and they called it "emo". One good example of a celebrity who popularized it is Sonny Moore from the band From First To Last ( I am so glad he left the band, he had a great voice but the only reason alot of people listened to them was because he was "emo"). So technically, in my view, "emo" is some something that an idiot decided to create off of a singer from a band, Wow way to be original don't you think? So yeah people really don't have a reason to hate "emos" considering there really isn't such a thing, in my opinion.

Don't get me wrong, I love people who are different and who stand out in a crowd. I am one of those people myself, but labeling yourself something to stand out is just stupid.

Sorry I was harsh, but that's just the way I feel about it. I can't stand labels, they just give people a reason to judge, and people already judge enough without something else helping them along.
    http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb19/OfeliasFire/BlueProxy-1024_768-1.jpg
    "I'm a young soul in this very strange world hoping to learn a bit bout' what is true and fake"

§-Breakdown-§ Breakout Champion, Bubble Popper Champion Akura13 may be famous one day Akura13's Avatar
    Thanks

Ah, so this subject turns up again...here we go again lol...

Okay, well, I agree with astaroth. Why???? Because I do also think that people don't really HATE them, they're just diffrent from society. I mean, I know it's so annoying when they start talking about killing themselves and being all sad, but I don't think people should resent them. They're people too, not aliens!! O.o I see so much emo abuse at my school...it's scary! The chavs hate them...which isn't good...but, anyways, I just think that people resenting emo's is because they aren't peoples veiw of "normal". That's all.

Phantasmagoria Lives On In The Hearts Of Their Fans, Japanese AND English!
    "Because it's okay to hide your tears." - LM.C (Lovely Mocochang)

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast