Closed Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Why do some people hate emos

Otaku hedgehog666 is off to a good start
    Thanks

Re: Why do some people hate emos

its people who ack as if there emo but there really just tryin to fit with people who really r emos and try to be and see how r lives really r then weeks later there not and they see there lives r soo much better then they thought

Otaku jazzy9513 is off to a good start
    Thanks

most people i no that hate emos is because they think that emo people are stupid for cutting themselves and because they think emo people are gay or lezbos

Otaku Byaku Guy is off to a good start Byaku Guy's Avatar
    Thanks

Its probably because they're generally downers. You know, always depressing. Goths are more interesting to me. Like, what is Hot Topic for? Goth wanabees?

Not goth myself
    This city is afraid of me. I have seen its true face.

Otaku Luminous is off to a good start
    Thanks

its people who ack as if there emo but there really just tryin to fit with people who really r emos and try to be and see how r lives really r then weeks later there not and they see there lives r soo much better then they thought
    So, you're judging people who are "fake" emos by saying they are just trying to fit in, then complain because everyone thinks that emos don't fit in? This is kind of a roundabout logic I think.

But anyways, getting back to the actual discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by Byaku Guy
    Its probably because they're generally downers. You know, always depressing.
    I still think that's the main reason.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Luminous View Post
    So, you're judging people who are "fake" emos by saying they are just trying to fit in, then complain because everyone thinks that emos don't fit in? This is kind of a roundabout logic I think.

But anyways, getting back to the actual discussion.

I still think that's the main reason.
    not all r downers there r a few that r completly energetic and full of life

Otaku Luminous is off to a good start
    Thanks

not all r downers there r a few that r completly energetic and full of life
    Ah, this is what I've been looking for. So, what is it that makes them emo? Is it just a fashion style? If so, I think the stereotype and misconception that they are all depressing is what makes people stay away from them.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Luminous View Post
    Ah, this is what I've been looking for. So, what is it that makes them emo? Is it just a fashion style? If so, I think the stereotype and misconception that they are all depressing is what makes people stay away from them.
    yes some r downers and others r joyful this is because some hide there feelings so there friends wont feel negitive or depressed with them thats why some r diff then others. some people see cuts on there writs and scars or some that show depression r a discrace to other emos who try to bring up r reputation then a negitive one

Newbie kyzr is off to a good start kyzr's Avatar
    Thanks

Gaahhhhhh.

I just don't understand any of this at all.

When you say, "I'm a [insert stereotype]", you're saying, "I dress a certain way, I speak a certain way, I listen to this kind of music." So, with that, you're also saying "I DON'T do [this, this, and this]". For example: People who define themselves as preps might say, "I wear American Eagle, I DON'T wear Tripp."

I think that what happens is this: The people who buy ALL of their clothes from Aerie, look at the people who buy ALL of their clothes from Hot Topic. They think, "THAT person, does something that I NEVER do." And gradually, you don't just dislike the clothes anymore, you dislike the people who wear them. You wonder why anyone would ever think that it's okay to do something that you would never be caught dead doing. And if you never take the time to talk to these people, because you're repelled by their music and their clothes, then no one stops you from thinking any differently.

When people make the transition from "I just don't like it for myself" to "I don't think that's right for anyone", that's where we start to have problems.

--------------
    I don't think it's about emotional problems and whining at all. It doesn't matter how someone dresses, if they're whiney, you probably won't talk to them. Saying emos are whiney doesn't make any sense, because being one of those people who b--ches about everything has nothing to do with your "label". Crybabies come in all shapes and sizes. And besides, how would you know if they whine, if you avoid them at all costs?

Plus, if you're always whining about how much you hate whiney emos... well, you're not much different, now, are you?

[Draw me a sheep!]

Closed Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast