2 2.02%
  • Stupidity

4 4.04%
  • For the Hell of it

12 12.12%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 16 ... LastLast

Thread: Why do you fight?

Otaku Metsuki Anba may be famous one day Metsuki Anba may be famous one day Metsuki Anba's Avatar
    Over there. In the bush next to your house.
    Thanks

Re: Why do you fight?

Quote Originally Posted by Shodokan
    Oh come on no one here thinks fighting is fun? Okay I'll use wrestling as an example. Isn't it fun wrestling with someone? Wrestling is a form of combat but, alot of people don't consider it fighting because it doesn't seem as violent as striking.
    Sure I think that it's fun, I wouldn't have been in martial arts for 10 years of my life if I didn't. What I'm saying is that it isn't RIGHT to fight out of anger or to gain something.

Otaku Sincere may be famous one day Sincere may be famous one day Sincere's Avatar
    Thanks

I agree. It could be fun at times, but then you end up hurting people and then people in their lives, and it just isn't worth it. To fight for fun is not a good idea if your intent is to seriously hurt someone.
    C:\Documents and Settings\Julia\My Documents\My Pictures\Siggy.jpg
    A white rose no longer alone
    I know who's heart it is to represent
    I didn't pick it, but i let it grow
    For he's the one that's heaven sent. :
    I love you, my White Rose.: The Poop Forums

Otaku White_Mage88 may be famous one day White_Mage88 may be famous one day
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Metsuki Anba
    Sure I think that it's fun, I wouldn't have been in martial arts for 10 years of my life if I didn't. What I'm saying is that it isn't RIGHT to fight out of anger or to gain something.
    I agree with you there. You should never fight out of anger.

Devoted Otaku Shodokan may be famous one day Shodokan may be famous one day Shodokan's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Metsuki Anba
    You better know what my user name is then. Oh you mean street fights. That's almost a different subject.

Quote Originally Posted by White_Mage88
    I agree with you there. You should never fight out of anger.
    That's complete rubbish. I remember one time I saw this guy in high school about to throw this freshmen into a creek. I was mad as hell and I was going to beat the tar out of him if he didn't let that kid go. If you think I had no right to get angry or beat him up, all I have to say is a big F you. Btw I did make him let him go and leave him alone the rest of high school.
    Last edited by Shodokan; Jul 29, 2006 at 05:52 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Otaku Metsuki Anba may be famous one day Metsuki Anba may be famous one day Metsuki Anba's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Shodokan
    You better know what my user name is then. Oh you mean street fights. That's almost a different subject.

That's complete rubbish. I remember one time I saw this guy in high school about to throw this freshmen into a creek. I was mad as hell and I was going to beat the tar out of him if he didn't let that kid go. If you think I had no right to get angry or beat him up, all I have to say is a big F you. Btw I did make him let him go and leave him alone the rest of high school.
    No, I don't mean street fights, don't put words in my mouth. I mean any fight in general. And I don't care if that guy was about to throw the freshman in the creek. You getting angry and about to fight someone over that is stupid. What if that guy had ended up kicking your ass after throwing him in the creek, and then kicked the freshmans ass to make it even. Then you'd both be in some shit. When it's not even necessary for someone to fight. You may think that it expedites the situation, but in the long run it makes it worse. Fighting for fun is stupid kid shit.

Devoted Otaku Shodokan may be famous one day Shodokan may be famous one day Shodokan's Avatar
    Thanks

Fighting would have solved that situation by that guy getting beat up. That's right it would be better for me to let him throw that kid in the creek. There was no one around to stop him so I had to step in. The bully backed down because he knew who I was and what I was capable of.

Thanks

Dude, I'm a 3rd degree black-belt. And still, I wouldn't fight unless my own or someone else's life is in danger. Because I could seriously injure or kill a person. I have to be careful with my temper, and I've learned that if you are calm in situations like that, it turns out better than kicking someone's ass. I've walked away and laughed at people that have pulled guns on me, but I've also broken an arm in the same situation.

Thanks

You said you would only fight to protect someone. That's exactly what I did.

3rd degree in what?

Do you realize how difficult it is to kill someone with your bare hands? I don't care if you're a 3rd degree in whatever it's not that easy. The human body is built to take punishment. Is your martial art built in theories or actual application.

Your saying fighting in any form stupid. You're studying a martial art. That's like a driver ed student learning how to drive but saying driving's stupid. I would understand getting into street fights just for kicks but, man that sounds crazy.
    Last edited by Shodokan; Jul 29, 2006 at 07:02 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 16 ... LastLast