2 2.02%
  • Stupidity

4 4.04%
  • For the Hell of it

12 12.12%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: Why do you fight?

Otaku Metsuki Anba may be famous one day Metsuki Anba may be famous one day Metsuki Anba's Avatar
    Over there. In the bush next to your house.
    Thanks

Re: Why do you fight?

Quote Originally Posted by Shodokan
    You said you would only fight to protect someone. That's exactly what I did.

3rd degree in what?

Do you realize how difficult it is to kill someone with your bare hands? I don't care if you're a 3rd degree in whatever it's not that easy. The human body is built to take punishment. Is your martial art built in theories or actual application.

Your saying fighting in any form stupid. You're studying a martial art. That's like a driver ed student learning how to drive but saying driving's stupid. I would understand getting into street fights just for kicks but, man that sounds crazy.
    You have to be a complete and total moron to not know what I'm saying to you.
    I would only fight to save a life. Nothing less. If the situation doesn't involve death, there are better ways to deal with it. I've been in several TRADITIONAL martial arts, such as Aikido, Lin-Kong Jin, Capoiera, Jujutsu, and Chi Gong. I have seriously injured people that have pulled knives and guns on me, I know what I can do, but I know not to use my fighting skills in simple situations, and I also know not to talk egotistical bullcrap. *hint hint* Fighting in a non-life threatening situation IS stupid, because if you're smart enough to use your brain you can get out of the situation without harming yourself or others. And if you're in a martial art, I highly consider that you reconsider your take on fighting. People like me that study traditional forms of martial arts look upon people that boast and actually enjoy fighting as narrow minded fools.

Devoted Otaku Shodokan may be famous one day Shodokan may be famous one day Shodokan's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Metsuki Anba
    You have to be a complete and total moron to not know what I'm saying to you.
    I would only fight to save a life. Nothing less. If the situation doesn't involve death, there are better ways to deal with it. I've been in several TRADITIONAL martial arts, such as Aikido, Lin-Kong Jin, Capoiera, Jujutsu, and Chi Gong. I have seriously injured people that have pulled knives and guns on me, I know what I can do, but I know not to use my fighting skills in simple situations, and I also know not to talk egotistical bullcrap. *hint hint* Fighting in a non-life threatening situation IS stupid, because if you're smart enough to use your brain you can get out of the situation without harming yourself or others. And if you're in a martial art, I highly consider that you reconsider your take on fighting. People like me that study traditional forms of martial arts look upon people that boast and actually enjoy fighting as narrow minded fools.
    I'm sorry but, someone who practices a martial but, is a pacifists sounds hypocritical and incredibly more stupid to me. Someone who wouldn't fight to protect someone strikes me as a wimp. It's best to fight so it doesn't end in a life or death situation. I'm just exsadurating but what if that kid hit his head on a rock on the way down or drowned because he couldn't swim.

Aikido and Capoiera are new martial arts. Aikdo especially since, it is a gendai budo that has only been around for about 60 years.

So you think training to fight in competitions is stupid? All the best martial arts fight in competitiions. That's how they get so good by actually fighting. Thats why I said you sonded crazy when you condemned fighting in all its forms not just street fights. Street Fighting is something I can agree on for the most part.

I used to be like you. I thought martial arts were about discipline, respect, and self control. That's just sugar coating it. Martial Arts are all about fighting. If you aren't training to fight you aren't doing a martial art.

I really want to know what you're a 3rd degree in.

Otaku DogDemon may be famous one day DogDemon may be famous one day DogDemon's Avatar
    Thanks

I dun fight...it hurts! xD juz kiddin
    I`ve never been in a real fight...never had any good reason to...>_>
    I get along with people
    But if I`d have to fight then it would be when someone starts to fight me or when someone is messing with my friends/family ^^

Finding God is not peaceful.
    Searching God isn`t peaceful.
    The thought that God exists is peaceful enough.
    Believe!

Newbie _-*kAsUmI*-_ may be famous one day _-*kAsUmI*-_ may be famous one day _-*kAsUmI*-_'s Avatar
    Thanks

I guess For Honor... He he He.... But also protection.... ?...
    1 image per signature.
    Max main signature image size: 500*115 pixels.

-- Hassun

Newbie LightHawk may be famous one day LightHawk may be famous one day LightHawk's Avatar
    Thanks

I'd say the top four, tbh.

I'm a pacifist normally. I can't stand confrontations, but there are some instances where the other person won't back down.

Also, I can let quite a lot slide. I've never been in a fight in my life, but I suppose I would have a breaking point like everyone else.

Ironically, I get the most flak from simply being an otaku/henna gaijin. People won't accept that I have this love for a country on the other side of the world.

It's sad, really, how we can't all just get along.

Otaku Dark_Ichigo_X may be famous one day Dark_Ichigo_X may be famous one day Dark_Ichigo_X's Avatar
    Thanks

i agree with metsuki, but some people dont im not human. im death.

Newbie stellar may be famous one day stellar may be famous one day stellar's Avatar
    Thanks

people fight because partly because of jealousy or some other unreasonable situation. its also said that humans r the must selfish living thing in the whole world.
    *sighs* i guess theres different ideas of WHY people fight.

but thers is are alot of cases where people for to protect others.
    which is just fine. ^.^' thats one of the choices if i myself had to fight. to protect someone. <3

Bored college student fayt lingod may be famous one day fayt lingod may be famous one day fayt lingod's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Meji Imaru
    I know it, if someone were to hurt my gf, Hazel Eyes would be showing if you know what I mean (if you dont, when im thoroughly pissed my eyes turn Icey Hazel ^_^ Weird no, Unique yes.)

i just noticed this post here, your eyes can change color slightly when your pissed because you either increase blood flow to them (to fight better, probably what happens to you). or your open your eyes wider (like me), my eyes are sensitive to light so i keep one closed and the other squinted; it's ussually hard to tell which is open. however because my eyes are slightly flat they catch light wierd and when i open then wide they change from light brown to almost red(auburn). it scares some pplz, but it REALLY hurts to open my eyes like that.

thanks to zyta for the sick sig and avy!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast