+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Why is society trying to force everyone to join a religion ?

Newbie Jericho is off to a good start Jericho's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Why is society trying to force everyone to join a religion ?

i chose pastafarian for several reasons
    1: im tired of whiny fricken Christians (no offense but if you are a whiney christian stop here) the only religios people that really complains on a mass scale due to religion is Christians. "i like your christ, i do not like your Christians. your Christians are unlike your Christ" -Ghandi
    2: it makes sense. unintelligant design, the 8 "id rather you didnt`s, the theory of creation.
    3: the costoms. friday, holiday, pastaver, pirate speak, halloween.

and i would feel just fine without it.

i was rather kind this time around. i usually spend several pages bashing christians haha. im fine with christianity, just not its followers

Otaku Hypercat2000 is off to a good start
    Thanks

i hate the fact they are doing this to us. why can't they stop making new technology? we don't need it, it just makes us all lazy.
    Please join the groups i created called "The Dragon Clan or The Shadow Clan." and "Metroid 10 The unknown killer." Please join my RPG thread called Sonic Chronicles 2.

Otaku Click The Colour Champion darkangel1240 is off to a good start darkangel1240's Avatar
    Thanks

yea. I've been realizing that people are forcing people to join a religion. It seems kinda ridiculous that like the Jehovah Witnesses have to force people to join their religion and come to your house and ask "Would you like to be a part of the Jehovah Witnesses? Our religion is better than any other religion?" And, plus. I'm an Atheist. I don't believe in anything holy. (I know that's gonna piss a WHOLE a lot of people. *prepares for the hate mail*)

Vampire Freaks☠I am not going 2 be on for awhile... ☠

Otaku Hypercat2000 is off to a good start
    Thanks

i am a pure Christian, but, i don't hate everyone that hates or doesn't care about us, i believe what i believe, and other people should too.
    Please join the groups i created called "The Dragon Clan or The Shadow Clan." and "Metroid 10 The unknown killer." Please join my RPG thread called Sonic Chronicles 2.

Otaku Franco is off to a good start Franco's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by darkangel1240 View Post
    yea. I've been realizing that people are forcing people to join a religion. It seems kinda ridiculous that like the Jehovah Witnesses have to force people to join their religion and come to your house and ask "Would you like to be a part of the Jehovah Witnesses? Our religion is better than any other religion?" And, plus. I'm an Atheist. I don't believe in anything holy. (I know that's gonna piss a WHOLE a lot of people. *prepares for the hate mail*)
    why should it piss people off, it is your choice to be atheist, so be atheist, this country was founded on the principle of freedom of religion right?, just respect others beliefs that are different then yours.

like I said before, people have the right to choose what they believe in, I don't believe society is out to convert everyone to be all group a or group b, otherwise we would all be Protestant, Catholic, Muslim and so on and so on. I just think that the ones that do go out to try to convert everyone they come across are the ones that think that since their lives are so perfect with god in their lives then they should share it with others to spread that happiness and the list will keep going on about the why's. its just like that saying, one mans cup of tea is another mans cup of poison. I think that we should stop hating on each others religions too because that is why one my try to force their religion on you because you don't understand them and their religion and so they feel that they have to defend themselves. that is why I won't say my religion, because it's my own cup of tea and if you want some I will share otherwise I won't force you to drink.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Franco For This Useful Post:

Scourge (Feb 18, 2009)

丹色 月影 BrightShadow_96 may be famous one day BrightShadow_96 may be famous one day BrightShadow_96's Avatar
    Thanks

People tend to either adopt the religion of their parents, or, because their parents may have tried to shove religion down their throats, people may go the opposite way. I went the opposite way on my own, though(well, my sister did influence me a little bit, but I've made my own choices). I think that the main reason for people trying to shove religion into others faces is because their religion dictates them to do so. Which makes these religions(not pointing any fingers >.>) somewhat like a disease that controls people's lives and routes financial and/or political power to one source.

Otaku Redsquire is off to a good start
    Bonnie Scotland, under a bridge. Och aye. ~<3
    Thanks

Question Re: Why is society trying to force everyone to join a religion ?

Religion, to me, is the basis for a lot of the worlds problems. It gives people an excuse to fight over things. It gives people a reason to get defensive over things. When someone blows someone up, or riddles a group of unsuspecting students with bullets, quite often its in the name of God. Or the Devil made them do it. Or pyramids were made by aliens.

It's at once a great problem, and a great gift - it all depends on a persons belief system in themselves, and whether or not they choose to abuse their own belief or not.

People need things to believe in. People need to feel they know even a little of "how it all started" and "who they are" and "where they came from". It gives people a sense of comfort and belonging as much as it causes problems, or, in the case of say debunking mans early-century efforts at buildings (pyramids, the ancient mayan/aztec ruins, etc) as formed by higher, omniscient powers, to be a complete and total lack of faith in themselves. In the human race.

I wouldn't ever tell someone how to live their life or what to believe in - and I'd be happy if noone ever told ME what to believe in. I feel religion to be wrong, in the simple fact that I personally, think you develop more as a person by developing your own insights and your own beliefs and your own terms of the world. Then again, one might find their own insights within a given religion? The subject is entirely, like most things, a double-edged sword. You could spend ages talking over this and just end up with a lot of good arguements for, and against.

Human morals are like, 99% universal, you really dont need religion to compare yourself to others, or tell you how to behave, surely?

I dont believe a religion can be really CALLED a religion unless you believe in it. Its established under the grounds of faith. So if someone forces someone into a religion somehow, its either concentration-suggestion, some form of brainwashing, or not religion at all in its own right. You can be forced to go to church, the mosque, anywhere, but you cant be forced to feel what you feel inside.

I have a lot of different religions in my extended family, ranging from Christian Catholic and Protestant right down to Wicca, and even a few Buddhists right at the far ends of the family tree. I wouldn't ever tell them how to live if they truly felt happy where they were, and if your happy where you are, and if your comfortable believing what you're believing, more power to you. <3

Me, I wouldn't even call myself an atheist.
    I just believe in things, non-specifically, I guess.
    .... Pantheistic, pantheist, something like that, maybe? I dunno.
    I can't really label it, and thats a good thing.

To quote Dogma; It's always better to have a good idea of whats going on.

My name ish Steph! -Poses as cape flaps in wind- DX
    -=::/ Tanshin Art Studio \::=-

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Redsquire For This Useful Post:

atomik_sprout (Mar 24, 2009), ChaosTempest (Mar 24, 2009)

Otaku Muffin is off to a good start
    Thanks

Re: What's your religion ?

Quote Originally Posted by ChaosTempest View Post
    Do you feel the need to choose a religion it's seems like you just gotta have one like there the latest technological fad without that new ipod your just another nobody . So why did you choose your religion and how do you think you would feel without it .
    How exactly are you being forced to choose a Religion? Are they hiding in your room waiting to perform a 'Surprise' Baptism and shackle you to Christianity.

Forget diplomacy and just plainly tell them to F*** Off. Not only does it work on Religions, but also on beggars and people with clipboards!
    Baldrick, you wouldn't see a subtle plan if it painted itself purple and danced naked on top of a Harpsichord sining "Subtle plans are here again!"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast