+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Why is society trying to force everyone to join a religion ?

Otaku desxms may be famous one day desxms may be famous one day desxms's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Why is society trying to force everyone to join a religion ?

I think it started with people having no structure at all. Moses got mad that his people had no morals and introduced the ten commandments. The people didn't want to obey them.. so those who cannot live by the law shall die by them.

People cannot be savage beasts running around killing, committing adultery or what not.. so religion offered structure to a baseless society. Over the years more commandments were added making religion complex but it did serve as a basis for law. Things that are immoral also became illegal.

I don't think religion should be pushed through people's throats. (My mom paid my brother $5.00 to go to church)... but it does help to know whatever foul deed one has done you have been saved. I don't like subscribing to religious books or anything but do find comfort in knowing that spirit transcends life so do not believe dying is just followed by a void.

If you do not believe in God, that's ok because God believes in you. If you can believe in love, you can believe in God. Myself I'm into New Age and some Buddhism. I don't like the repetition of going to church and read books by the Dalai lama, Sylvia Browne, and the Life and times of Albert Einstein. Physics is especially beautiful to me in that it can sum up God's equations of how the universe is, was and always will be. Religion doesn't have to go against the tide but through books like the "Secret" explains that it enforces old beliefs with new math that laws of attraction, gravity, entropy, relativity etc. coincide. God just is. The best religions understands the nature of the laws of the universe.. so even the least religious at least understands karma. What goes around comes around.

I found my dogma chasing my karma.XD

Newbie death2all4 is just another face in the crowd death2all4's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: What's your religion ?

Well I don't know why but it is very wrong to do that because everyone has a choice and that just violates it you know.
    Never give up just keep going.............

Newbie Dream Sky is off to a good start Dream Sky's Avatar
    Thanks
    You should chose a religion based on your beliefs and philosophies. What is right and wrong to you is how you chose a religion that is suited for you. Honestly I don't need an established religion, I just live by what I feel is right and my own beliefs. I think some people feel they need a religion because they have not completely figured themselves out yet. Most of the time people need to feel needed 1.) to be apart of something 2.) because they have not developed a personaity

Think about it, most of socitey is conservative and have not broken away from old traditions and customs. So that is probably one of the main reasons that socitey is "forcing religion". What socitey should do is encouarge people, especially young adults to research other religions and to develope their own thoughts on how to live their lives.
    Last edited by aceman67; Apr 09, 2009 at 02:33 PM.

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Redsquire View Post
    Well~ like I said, you don't have to GO to church to be a christian. You also don't have to follow whatever BOOK your religion has to a T, because people interpret differently, to some VERY negative ends sometimes. But some GOOD ends too, and its those people that should be commended. I wouldn't ever go against the subject that there AREN'T people in the world that are just so far up in their own backsides that they dont care about anything more than themselves. This is the ant mentality. This is the kind of person who never grows to be anything more spiritual. Insight is stemmed, and they simply become a cog in the societal wheel. Sadly, a lot of people go down that line.

But I'll agree with you, there ARE those that are religious, and those that are anti-religious, those that are unsure or inbetween, or simply spiritual, or 'open'. There are those that just watch. Or decipher. Or interpret the world in their own way. But there are ALSO those that just dont go to church too, and are still christian. Same with Muslims, or Buddhists. Not all of them go to Mecca or sit infront of Buddha every day.

I can understand atheism as a way of;

"Not believing in [enter religion/god here] and I will either die and that will be the end of it, or **I** will choose a belief when I'm ready, whether or not its yours or my own is MY decision."

What I can't understand atheism as, is people who use it in terms of;
    "Your religion is wrong, and THIS reason and THIS reason and THIS reason is WHY."

Actual solid anti-religiousness, arguementative against ALL other beliefs, can sometimes be as bad as pure, total "I-am-the-right-one" religiousness. Because in retrospect to BOTH area's there - pride gets a person too up in themselves in both instances. It causes arguements, and fights. If one ruled the world, he would crush ALL religion and religious artifacts and history and burn every man, woman and child that had believed in something. The other, would crush ALL decent atheists or those still "unsure" or disbelieving, bend minds to think the way their intended to, and burn every man, woman and child that didn't believe in their philosophy. Seeing the pattern here? xD

So yes. Let's meet in the middle there.

I wouldnt say there AREN'T people who are anti-religious, religious, in-betweens, whatever, and really, by your own words, you don't need to find hope by reading the bible or praying or going to church - and yet, they'll still be christians or muslims or ANY kind of religious member in their own right.

As for "loop holes" in religions, this is where different peoples interpretations usually come from. People forget that a book is a book. Its about the message and the morals within and what you relate to within it, even if its a story from centuries long, long past, it's amazing how common morals still stay clear. Some people try to be too literal or read too much into things sometimes, I guess. Sometimes people only see what they want to see. Some simply refuse to see, and in some ways, this is as good - OR as bad, as interpreting the scriptures negatively themselves. Criticising, for example. I know someone might say to me soon that you should be able to criticise religion if you want. I'll go further into this if anyone wants.

Me, I kneel down and grasp the soil in my hands. I look up at the stars and how far into the distance they are from us all, where we can't touch them.
    I think whatevers going on, it's so astronomically bigger than people will ever comprehend. And whatevers going on, as much as its well-meaning, all of the books in all of human history won't ever contain the full truth of the universe.

Whether its just a self-made explosion, some creator being, or something else entirely. <3
    I can meet ya about 3/4 of the way there. You make a very good point. ^_^

I agree with what you said about the lack of understanding; regarding athiests who think they should point out "flaws" in other religions. "Your god's' feet are too big! You're wrong!"

I can understand being against religion, in a sense. But not just to simply point out what you think is wrong with it to every religious person you meet. It's pointless and rude. Some people's kids, eh?

Leave me alone, fanboys! rematche is making a name for themselves rematche is making a name for themselves rematche's Avatar
    Thanks

these type of "religious" people are ambitious and selfish. they don't want to lose their powers as leader of their religion. that's why they use their influence to manipulate the innocent masses to force people to join their faith. we should not blame the religion, we should blame some of these leaders. the world needs a religion for it is part of human history, culture, and science. not to mention religion shows mankind uniqueness thru diversity and individuality their beliefs.
    YYYEEEEAAAAAAHHHHH!!!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to rematche For This Useful Post:

Scourge (Apr 13, 2009)

Wilde Beast GiG Racer Champion EmoNightmareRose may be famous one day EmoNightmareRose's Avatar
    Thanks

One thing I do want to mention as well is that I'd rather have a pamphlet handed to me than people kill me for being my religion.

I don't hate relgion, but I do hate radicals. But I believe our hate is humanity. We are a primitive race as a whole, because no matter how much we advance techinologically, there will always be hate somewhere.
    Another thing I think has to do with it is ignorance. Where there is no education, and no teaching of religion, there are more radical religions. Mainly because people are afraid of things different from themselves.

is On Point Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi's Avatar
    Thanks

Or when the education they receive is radical, that causes a lot of problems too.

personally see things differently though. always feel on the outside, cuz am never sure if my faith is a problem for people. usually it's not, but it's always a feeling of "can't talk about it". however, religions have abused that in the past, so i can see why not.

honestly, someone's faith shouldn't neccesarily deter you from them as long as they're not being a jerk about. am not perfect though, wouldn't want to hang out with a devil worshipper! but that's a little extreme for an example~
    Last edited by Abu Dhabi; Apr 14, 2009 at 09:14 AM. Reason: forgot the "n't"

Otaku Redsquire is off to a good start
    Bonnie Scotland, under a bridge. Och aye. ~<3
    Thanks

Question Re: Why is society trying to force everyone to join a religion ?

Quote Originally Posted by desxms View Post
    I think it started with people having no structure at all. Moses got mad that his people had no morals and introduced the ten commandments. The people didn't want to obey them.. so those who cannot live by the law shall die by them.

People cannot be savage beasts running around killing, committing adultery or what not.. so religion offered structure to a baseless society. Over the years more commandments were added making religion complex but it did serve as a basis for law. Things that are immoral also became illegal.

I don't think religion should be pushed through people's throats. (My mom paid my brother $5.00 to go to church)... but it does help to know whatever foul deed one has done you have been saved. I don't like subscribing to religious books or anything but do find comfort in knowing that spirit transcends life so do not believe dying is just followed by a void.

If you do not believe in God, that's ok because God believes in you. If you can believe in love, you can believe in God. Myself I'm into New Age and some Buddhism. I don't like the repetition of going to church and read books by the Dalai lama, Sylvia Browne, and the Life and times of Albert Einstein. Physics is especially beautiful to me in that it can sum up God's equations of how the universe is, was and always will be. Religion doesn't have to go against the tide but through books like the "Secret" explains that it enforces old beliefs with new math that laws of attraction, gravity, entropy, relativity etc. coincide. God just is. The best religions understands the nature of the laws of the universe.. so even the least religious at least understands karma. What goes around comes around.

I found my dogma chasing my karma.XD
    If theres a god, I dont need *that* many obstacles in my lifes path that I've had in the past six years to further my souls development or whatever. I think he/she/it/they just maybe have it out for me. xD And Karma? My Karma must be busted. I've NEVER done anything where I deserved all THIS crap in the past six years. I wont go into it, because I can LITERALLY write a book on the past six years of my life. I just hope, and pray to MYSELF that things are getting better now. I'm in the GUTTER now I'm so low, and when your THAT low, all you can do is look at the stars.

Either that, or sometime in the future, I'm going to live a HAPPY bleedin' life. I'm going to win the LOTTERY or something. Physics is part of it, but its reach is only as far as HUMAN intelligence will go.

Society was not baseless before commandments were given. Ancient tribes and heck, I'll venture to say pre-hominids lived without utter chaos and killing/raping/mistreating eachother. ANIMALS live without breaking many 'social laws' that some humans break. FISH many-a-time show more of a motherly instinct than many-a human mother.

Most would say CLOTHING is just one, big ancient taboo, as another example. Incest too. A LOT of things are JUST as prevailent in nature, but even though laws are thrown in, people will STILL break them.

But yeah, far as I'm aware, MOST laws are dictated from ancient scriptures/religious works.

Atomik_Sprout - THEM DURN KIDS!!! xD -Shakes fist and flails walking cane- DAG-NABBIT!!

My name ish Steph! -Poses as cape flaps in wind- DX
    -=::/ Tanshin Art Studio \::=-

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast