+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Why is society trying to force everyone to join a religion ?

Otaku jazzy9513 is off to a good start
    Thanks

Re: Why is society trying to force everyone to join a religion ?

im pretty well against religion fer a lot of reasons but a lot of my friends still go to church or temple or whatever and i dont care that they do because its not my life and i dont pick on them because of their religion

Devoted Otaku Tbaism may be famous one day Tbaism may be famous one day
    Thanks

Re: What's your religion ?

Quote Originally Posted by ChaosTempest View Post
    Do you feel the need to choose a religion it's seems like you just gotta have one like there the latest technological fad without that new ipod your just another nobody. So why did you choose your religion and how do you think you would feel without it .
    I certainly don't feel the need to choose a religion, nor have I ever really felt that I had an obligation too. I am open minded about quite a few things and a higher being than myself and those around me, are within that particular group of "things". Who am I to say there is no god, no heaven or hell, aliens or monsters, or to say someone is right or wrong when they whole heartedly believe in something. I am not so gullable as to simply agree or cast aside all doubt because they say so either.

Religion is quite powerful and having that kind of faith is something I envy. I have met quite a few people from all kinds of religions and beliefs and amidst their ranks I have seen hypocrites, liars, cheats, killers, child molesters, and almost any form of evil you can think of. I don't define religion as this, but merely consider it as but one side of the coin.

I don't have a religion, I don't feel pressure to accept one, and I feel absolutely nothing when knowing I am not apart of any. I do fairly well considering I have no real faith either and taking life with it's experiences day by day, happens to suit me well.

Otaku Trojan man is off to a good start Trojan man's Avatar
    Thanks

ha ha ha ha religon i spit on you ive never bin to church or any sort of religion event in my 20 years of life

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Trojan man View Post
    ha ha ha ha religon i spit on you ive never bin to church or any sort of religion event in my 20 years of life
    Way to keep it civil, man. You get the "Golden Tact" award! Whatever happened to, "Oh, I just don't really dig religion," or, "I haven't been to church ever in my life," or any other tactful way of saying that you don't care for religion?

I don't go to church. Do you see me spitting on those who attend church? I don't pray, do you see me kicking sand in the face of those who do? Show a little respect if you're gonna participate in this conversation, kid.

That's the kind of athiesm that is really confusing to me. *I'm back to being on topic now.* I can understand not wanting to believe in a god because you simply believe one doesn't exist, or you were raised that way. But to blatantly put someone or something down because you don't agree with it is just plain ridiculous. So, you chose not to be religious to do what--be a hater?

Wilde Beast GiG Racer Champion EmoNightmareRose may be famous one day EmoNightmareRose's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by atomik_sprout View Post
    Way to keep it civil, man. You get the "Golden Tact" award! Whatever happened to, "Oh, I just don't really dig religion," or, "I haven't been to church ever in my life," or any other tactful way of saying that you don't care for religion?

I don't go to church. Do you see me spitting on those who attend church? I don't pray, do you see me kicking sand in the face of those who do? Show a little respect if you're gonna participate in this conversation, kid.

That's the kind of athiesm that is really confusing to me. *I'm back to being on topic now.* I can understand not wanting to believe in a god because you simply believe one doesn't exist, or you were raised that way. But to blatantly put someone or something down because you don't agree with it is just plain ridiculous. So, you chose not to be religious to do what--be a hater?

i totally agree, man. My step dad is a serious Atheist, and instead if just believing what he believes and is tolerant he pushes atheism on everyone else.
    To me, thats the exact same thing as the radical Christians who act like if you don't join their church you won't be saved, you know?
    The main problem and the enitre main point of this thread is that there's nothing wrong with any religions, or not believing in any religions. The problem is how we have to try and force everyone to be our religion.
    There is a rule in Hinduism and other Eastern religions not to try and convert people, and I think that's what everyone should adopt.
    Because our religions aren't the problem. It's how people act about it that is.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to EmoNightmareRose For This Useful Post:

atomik_sprout (May 21, 2009)

Newbie XXkenshinXX is off to a good start XXkenshinXX's Avatar
    Thanks

I am without religion so I can't realy be biasd on this situation. Honestly (I'm not saying any religion is wrong or false) I beleive that people need religion so they have a reason for why things are the way that they are. People usualy beleive in one of two things. Either God created the earth or something scientific happened. A religion, an all powerful God, is easier to beleive in than an explosion that created millions of stars and the earth and life as we know it. Honestly, religion is the simpler path of the two and the easiest to accept. Hope I did'nt offend anyone this is just my opinion.

When it's all over, will you make me your's?

Fallen Angel PhoenixSara may be famous one day PhoenixSara's Avatar
    I am in between Heaven's Gate and Hell.Angels are not supposed to fall but i did.
    Thanks

Growing up believing in God is different by how society defines religion and choosing a belief or none belief in a higher being is different. Society has always had it's ways of dictating morals and values to its members. so question is how will you use your free will in choosing your side.Looking down at those who do choose to have a religion is rude though you have to respect others opinion no matter what side they want and choose.

Here is the thing for those who do choose to have religion there is such a thing called free will. Why will you let society dictate on what you want to believe in. If what you choose makes you happy and makes sense for you then that is what you choose for yourself.
    "In your arms is where i will be, I love you till my forever ends."
    Clan Rainstorm 2nd Company, Kunoichi Leader
    PhoenixSara FB / Click Me IMVU/Atlantis RPG/Rules and FAQ/MY BLOG /

Leave me alone, fanboys! rematche is making a name for themselves rematche is making a name for themselves rematche's Avatar
    Thanks

religions aren't the problems....it's people, man, people. especially ones that are incredibly greedy. these people are using religions to acquire power. the more followers, the more power they have.
    YYYEEEEAAAAAAHHHHH!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast