Closed Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Why we fight.

Sophist of Satire Exoparadapsyphobia may be famous one day Exoparadapsyphobia may be famous one day Exoparadapsyphobia's Avatar
    Thanks

Why we fight.

It seems that there is allot of debate and question over why we are fighting in Iraq. Some say we are there for oil some say we are there to liberate and deter terrorism. So what I want to know is what do you think we are fighting for? Are we fighting for freedom, or has our military become a tool for appeasing America's corporate interests?

As for me I don't really know, for the moment it doesn't look like we are getting any oil from Iraq becuase we are still in a gas crisis. So it's only logical to assume that we are there as liberators.
    Death is your most loyal companion, for he will never fail you.

Newbie Admiral_Dread may be famous one day Admiral_Dread may be famous one day Admiral_Dread's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Why we fight.

I feel we went there as arbiters acting against Terrorism, Then it turned out good ol' Saddam didn't have any weapons of mass destruction, bummer... So we decided we needed to liberate the people of Iraq.

Iraq isn't the only place we get oil from. But the main reason that oil started becoming more expensive (part factoid and part opinion) Is it is becoming harder and harder to find easy to drill oil deposits, So the oil companies are jacking the price up like hell as part of the "demand", Also China really started up in the usage of gas. So the demand part isn't so much "demand".

What we need to do is follow Brazil's footsteps, because of sugarcane They can easily produce ethanol (Has more of the fun sugars then corn, which we use in the U.S. for ethanol). They aren't dependent on oil for powering their autos.
    Like one that on a lonesome road doth walk in fear and dread.

Fish Fingers & Custard Ice Hockey Champion, Smaugs Treasure Champion, Mini Putt 3 Champion, Ant Tracks Champion, Jungle Hunt Champion, Madnetics Champion, Manole Champion, Blokken Champion, Fast Food Fiasco Champion, Shapes Hifters Champion, Mud and Blood: Vietnam Champion HolderOfTheDarkChalice is making a name for themselves HolderOfTheDarkChalice is making a name for themselves HolderOfTheDarkChalice's Avatar
    someplace where the only light is the moon above
    Thanks

i think we fight becuase we think we know
    better than other country's i mean look at kosavo perfect
    example of us steping in to force a treaty
    I'll be the one to protect you from your enemies and all your demons
    I'll be the one to protect you from a will to survive and a voice of reason
    I'll be the one to protect you from your enemies and your choices son
    They're one in the same, I must isolate you...
    Isolate and save you from yourself

Otaku Nodes Champion, Flames of Fury Champion shadowrulz may be famous one day shadowrulz may be famous one day shadowrulz's Avatar
    the sign says "in a black hole". Is that even possible?!?!
    Thanks

I guess only members from america can answer this. Hmph. As for me. This "war on terror" is no more than a ploy for the government to finally be able to test out new weapons on the battlefield. It's just not right. They may be saying that they're trying to free the people in Iraq, but as for my opinion. America's starting an empire. One that will fall almost exactly like the Roman empire. Maybe, maybe even worse. And that's what I beleive. Soon the democracy will fall. And dictators will take over the county. Hmph.

I feel strongly for my decision. And this is one of the reasons I want to take over the world.

A big thanks to Renn for the sig! THANK YOU!

Strange Times Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark.'s Avatar
    Thanks

That's the problem with wars. We start out to do something, then switch it, and by the end of the war, we don't get anything we were trying to get. America should've just let 9/11 slide, waste all these billions of dollars enhancing our own borders instead of fighting the old fight. The fight we can never win.

Otaku Nodes Champion, Flames of Fury Champion shadowrulz may be famous one day shadowrulz may be famous one day shadowrulz's Avatar
    the sign says "in a black hole". Is that even possible?!?!
    Thanks

Agreed on every condition Dark. Getting involved wasn't nessesary. Just tightening security would've been enough. But, sometime's things get out of control and innoccent people die because of it. Getting involved was a big mistake.

A big thanks to Renn for the sig! THANK YOU!

Newbie ordinateur may be famous one day ordinateur may be famous one day ordinateur's Avatar
    Thanks

I think the United States are fighting not only to get oil, but to show to the whole word that they are the most powerful country and that they can do whatever they want without any fear...
    Born to live, living to die..

Devoted Otaku Nympho may be famous one day Nympho may be famous one day Nympho's Avatar
    Thanks

My opinion and not fact.

We actually cant touch the oil out there so there is no point in fighting over that. But i think Bush wanted something to show for in his presidency and he cant be a push over after 9/11. People wanted to see there people avenged. So he did so. And then after being out there they decided to help there goverment. And we are not tangled in some kind of web in having the upper hand.

I'm a glass child. I am Hannah's regrets. Monster.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast