Closed Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Why we fight.

Stray Sheep Aya-kun may be famous one day Aya-kun may be famous one day Aya-kun's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Why we fight.

whoa....
    i thought this thread is about 'why we fight'....

why Bush all of the sudden? (=_=)lll *sweat drop* aho....

why we fight?
    emphasize once more: It is our nature. We fight using 2 methods:
    1. Physically- Immatured's way of fighting.
    2. Mentally-Matured's way of 'dealing'.

We fight for many reasons. It is our nature. We fight to get what we want. We fight with people to protect ourselves or love ones.

---is too lazy to carry on---
    baa.. (T_T) ...
    [CENTER]+ Sheep Blogs at PaperDiaries +

Newbie ace_resistance may be famous one day ace_resistance may be famous one day ace_resistance's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dark.
    That's the problem with wars. We start out to do something, then switch it, and by the end of the war, we don't get anything we were trying to get. America should've just let 9/11 slide, waste all these billions of dollars enhancing our own borders instead of fighting the old fight. The fight we can never win.
    thats all bull
    we dont need to enhance our border security
    America has the technologically most advance country for now
    they already knew about that attack on 9/11 they let it happen
    jets would have been scrambled the few minutes that plane went off course
    America let them hit those towers
    have you seen those videos one building crumbled on itself which wasnt even hit
    they just wanted an excuse to get into iraq

Newbie Casben may be famous one day Casben may be famous one day Casben's Avatar
    Thanks

Saddam didn't have WMD but he threatened to use them! Would we just leave him and let it get blown out of proportion and maybe end up with a nuclear war!?! Its was only a matter of time until someone gave them to him! And besides America originally supported and helped Saddam at first! Hes there responsibility, and someone had to stop him!

Otaku zeroenix may be famous one day zeroenix may be famous one day zeroenix's Avatar
    Thanks

Ahhh... so sorry. It took me a minute because I haven't had any internet since I left Iraq, 22 hours ago... So once again I am probably going to tick off a few people.

First of all, anyone who says we are in Iraq for oil, why are the gas prices so high? You would think that if we came to get oil, that the prices would go down because we would own it.

Secondly, why the HELL would we let entire plaefulls of innocent people die on purpose?! Why would anyone say that? You are sadly mistaken and apparently see our country through eyes of hatred. If you have any respect for your country you would rule that out quickly.

Third, what's the thing with fighting mentaly rather than physically. I have seen what trying to reason with terrorists results in. They are fighting in the name of their religion. Reason has no bearing on them. It's not like we can just tell them, "say sorry for blowing up the twin towers" Your reasoning makes no sense. Only someone who is infact imature themselves would come to this conclusion. When you get old enough to see how the world really works, repost.

After all this, what's my opinion on the subject? There are two,

1. That America saw Iraq as a future threat and knew that when the twin towers incident happened, action needed to be taken.

2. Saddam was not only an enemy to us, but also to his own people. He robbed, gassed, and suppressed the people of his country that did not believe in his religion.

Stop hating on the U.S. Government because of what you see on the news. In case you didn't notice, they only show the bad things that happen. This is true for everything including what's happening in our own country. I talked to a bunch of Australian troops in Kuwait. I asked them if they had ever been to America. They responded, "Nope. And never plan to." I asked them why and they said, "Because there's too much violence." I realized that the only stuff they see about America is on the tv news. And the news only puts out bad info. Remember this.

+=My Space=+ Thanks zeroenix for the sig and avi... wait that's me. +=zeroenix.net=+

Otaku Heartless_mage may be famous one day Heartless_mage may be famous one day Heartless_mage's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ace_resistance
    thats all bull
    we dont need to enhance our border security
    America has the technologically most advance country for now
    they already knew about that attack on 9/11 they let it happen
    jets would have been scrambled the few minutes that plane went off course
    America let them hit those towers
    have you seen those videos one building crumbled on itself which wasnt even hit
    they just wanted an excuse to get into iraq

some of the points that tony is making is correct. we are in fact the most technologically advance country. also we would have "scrambled" jets, but not the minute that they went off course,
    1st- planes go off course all the time
    2nd- we did "scramble" planes but not as fast as people thought we should have

personally i like people who make up phony conspiracy theorys, but not when it comes to people "making fun of" 9/11
    thousands of people were killed and it was not to go into Iraq, we are in Iraq for the wrong reasons BUT this is not one of them

Click here to be Myspace groupies......lol
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)This is the Bunny Lord. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (")_(")signature to help him gain world domination

Messenger of Despair Hive Hero Champion dark angel swordsman may be famous one day dark angel swordsman may be famous one day dark angel swordsman's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Exoparadapsyphobia
    It seems that there is allot of debate and question over why we are fighting in Iraq. Some say we are there for oil some say we are there to liberate and deter terrorism. So what I want to know is what do you think we are fighting for? Are we fighting for freedom, or has our military become a tool for appeasing America's corporate interests?

As for me I don't really know, for the moment it doesn't look like we are getting any oil from Iraq becuase we are still in a gas crisis. So it's only logical to assume that we are there as liberators.
    although i usually try not to bother with pilotics and junk such as this, i believe it is either one of three things: Oil (i heard somewhere our current oil won't last 50 years), Terrorism, or just because President Bush wants to push a blame onto another place. not to be rude, but he screwed us up even more by placing us this predicament...
    http://www.animeonline.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=7987&dateline=1181515  689
    I won't let this world exist without me! If I die, we all die! / Avatar & Signature by anime_8000.

Fish Fingers & Custard Ice Hockey Champion, Smaugs Treasure Champion, Mini Putt 3 Champion, Ant Tracks Champion, Jungle Hunt Champion, Madnetics Champion, Manole Champion, Blokken Champion, Fast Food Fiasco Champion, Shapes Hifters Champion, Mud and Blood: Vietnam Champion HolderOfTheDarkChalice is making a name for themselves HolderOfTheDarkChalice is making a name for themselves HolderOfTheDarkChalice's Avatar
    someplace where the only light is the moon above
    Thanks

i heard the same rumer but its lie byt the oil cmapny so
    they can purposly raise gas prices to take su for all we have
    pretty soon your gonna have to walk to your vacation spot
    as high as the gas is. we are fighting pretty much for big buisness
    and nothing else
    I'll be the one to protect you from your enemies and all your demons
    I'll be the one to protect you from a will to survive and a voice of reason
    I'll be the one to protect you from your enemies and your choices son
    They're one in the same, I must isolate you...
    Isolate and save you from yourself

Newbie Crimson_Inferno may be famous one day Crimson_Inferno may be famous one day Crimson_Inferno's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by zeroenix
    Stop hating on the U.S. Government because of what you see on the news. In case you didn't notice, they only show the bad things that happen. This is true for everything including what's happening in our own country. I talked to a bunch of Australian troops in Kuwait. I asked them if they had ever been to America. They responded, "Nope. And never plan to." I asked them why and they said, "Because there's too much violence." I realized that the only stuff they see about America is on the tv news. And the news only puts out bad info. Remember this.
    I agree living in Australia and I'm sure it's in other countries aswell there is alot of anti-Americanism around and thats mainly due to the fact that the media only shows the bad things about America especially violence. Most people think that they can't go to New York for example without getting mugged

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast