Closed Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Wicca

Otaku Crab Ball Champion, TurtleSnake Champion, Dibblez Party Champion zoolivemonster is off to a good start
    Thanks

Wicca

What is everyone's opinion on this religion? I was just wondering if anybody is a Wiccan and would like to talk about the different panteons you follow. But if you are against it, you must have a reason to support it.
    My signature pic!
    I absolutely love it!

丹色 月影 BrightShadow_96 may be famous one day BrightShadow_96 may be famous one day BrightShadow_96's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Wicca

It's a very nice religion: I actually follow most of the morals that Wiccans do, and would be Wiccan, except for the coven part (so if I claimed to be Wiccan, I wouldn't hear the end of it from a ton of people).

For those that don't know, Wicca is mostly based around the idea of appreciating and becoming closer to nature. A lot of people think that Wicca is synonymous with Satanism or Devil Worshiping, but actual Wiccans don't even belief in Satan (plus, cursing people or anything like that is considered very immoral in Wicca).

Otaku Crab Ball Champion, TurtleSnake Champion, Dibblez Party Champion zoolivemonster is off to a good start
    Thanks

actually cussing is allowed but the satan part is right. You could be a solitary. Really, Wicca is very freeing and I absolutely love it to death! I wouldn't want to be any othe religion.
    My signature pic!
    I absolutely love it!

Banned beast may be famous one day beast may be famous one day beast's Avatar
    Thanks

I think it is a stupid fad like many new religions, and yes I said new. The recorded history of the word wicca goes back less than a hundred years. And now all of a sudden a bunch of lame goth/ emo kids have a religion to justify dying there hair black and wearing makeup as they were shirts that signify that these lame and would-be princes of the dark work at the frickin Cinnabon.

I knew this dumb woman who claimed she was into witch craft and could call down curses that always work. If there are any dumb wiccan kids reading this I have powers to. I can summon Optimus Prime. Yeah right.
    Last edited by beast; May 01, 2010 at 05:07 AM.

丹色 月影 BrightShadow_96 may be famous one day BrightShadow_96 may be famous one day BrightShadow_96's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by zoolivemonster View Post
    actually cussing is allowed but the satan part is right. You could be a solitary. Really, Wicca is very freeing and I absolutely love it to death! I wouldn't want to be any othe religion.
    I didn't mean "cursing" as in "swearing". I meant "cursing" as in "hexing" ("Black magic")
    Quote Originally Posted by beast
    I think it is a stupid fad like many new religions, and yes I said new. The recorded history of the word wicca goes back less than a hundred years. And now all of a sudden a bunch of lame goth/ emo kids have a religion to justify dying there hair black and wearing makeup as they were shirts that signify that these lame and would-be princes of the dark work at the frickin Cinnabon.

I new this dumb woman who claimed she was into witch craft and could call down curses that always work. If there are any dumb wiccan kids reading this I have powers to. I can summon Optimus Prime. Yeah right.
    First off, don't insult a religion that you obviously know nothing about (just because you met someone who claims to be part of a religion doesn't mean that they are).

And just because you make a blanketed statement about a religion doesn't mean it's even close to true. Yes, there are a lot of people who say that they're Wiccan that fit the goth or emo persona (so-called "fluff bunnies" in the pagan community) but comparing those people to Wicca would be like comparing suicide bombers to Islam. It's blind ignorance, and I can't stand it.
    You can make fun of a religion's beliefs all you want, but they're not any more idiotic than believing that the son of God rose from the dead like a zombie (or that he turned water to wine, etc.). In fact, anyone believing that they can communicate with an omniscient being (by prayer or otherwise) can't justly criticize the beliefs of others. Unless you can definitively prove that your religion is right, you can't say another religion is wrong.

As far as Wicca being "new", the term "Wicca" is new, but the traditions go much further back (and I should probably note that those traditions have a lot more to do with respecting the planet than casting spells on people--in fact, there are tons of Wiccans that do not perform any sort of witchcraft at all).

Otaku Avea Shadows is off to a good start Avea Shadows's Avatar
    Thanks

My religion is against that in many ways. My religion is against a few things as well, but I do not judge on others on what they do, rather on how they treat me. No matter what religion you are, what beliefs you follow. You know, that you would want to treat others, the way you would like to be treated. This is what I believe. Even though I am a bit against the Wicca religion, I accept people for them. As long as they accept me in return.

Living life on your own..Isn't always that easy..-Vincent

Otaku superstar9156 is off to a good start superstar9156's Avatar
    Thanks

to be honest I dont have a religon. Mostly Christan though. But I believe if someone want to beleive in something that they should with not problems. I have many friends with many different types of religon. And i have no problem withit.

A Soul Needs a Purpose to Live.- Gaara

Otaku Avea Shadows is off to a good start Avea Shadows's Avatar
    Thanks

-nods- I agree with Sai-kun. I have many different friends with many religions, and I let them do their relsiongs freely. =)

Quote Originally Posted by superstar9156 View Post
    to be honest I dont have a religon. Mostly Christan though. But I believe if someone want to beleive in something that they should with not problems. I have many friends with many different types of religon. And i have no problem withit.

Living life on your own..Isn't always that easy..-Vincent

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast