Closed Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
Results 17 to 24 of 57

Thread: Wicca

  1. #17
    丹色 月影 BrightShadow_96 may be famous one day BrightShadow_96 may be famous one day BrightShadow_96's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    The piano. ♫ | ♩
    Posts
    684
    Thanks
    12
    Thanked 8 Times in 8 Posts

    Re: Wicca

    Quote Originally Posted by beast View Post
    Yeah, pretty much. Especially angst laden idiots who invent a new religion. A religion that's only significant contribution are gaudy pendants and people throwing up therr fingers at rock concerts. Not that those things are significant but those are the only things your God Hipity Hop has contributed.
    Alright, what about the rest of my post? Have you realized yet that, because I am practically Wiccan, and that I fit none of your stereotypes, that your are wrong? That much isn't debatable: you are, in fact, wrong. By making blanketed statements, you're opening yourself up to inconsistencies.

    I've said it before, and I'll say it again: just because someone claims to be Wiccan and uses their religion as an excuse to cut themselves, or to 'curse' people doesn't mean a real Wiccan does. This entire argument, you've only used examples of people who actually aren't Wiccan, so what sort of stereotypes have you saved for the real ones? (Do you know enough about real Wicca to come up with some?)

  2. #18
    Banned beast may be famous one day beast may be famous one day beast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Michigan United States
    Posts
    1,499
    Thanks
    411
    Thanked 132 Times in 126 Posts

    Re: Wicca

    Quote Originally Posted by BrightShadow_96 View Post
    (Do you know enough about real Wicca to come up with some?
    I have meant far more than any human being probably should. I am also willing to bet that you do conform to a lot of those stereotypes and you are just saying you don't since I can't prove otherwise. I know you own several candles, some incense, and some container shaped like a skull. Can you honestly tell me you don't have any of those things? I bet you can't say that.
    Last edited by beast; May 01, 2010 at 07:26 PM.

  3. #19
    Otaku Avea Shadows is off to a good start Avea Shadows's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Philadelpha, PA
    Posts
    103
    Thanks
    13
    Thanked 13 Times in 12 Posts

    Re: Wicca

    If people sterotyped you in the things you do, I know it would be a totally different story, so leave this person alone like seriously. This arguement is high;y disrespectful and unnessacary.

    Quote Originally Posted by beast View Post
    I have meant far more th, any human being probably should. I am also willing to bet that you do conform to a lot of those stereotypes and you are just saying you don't since I can't prove otherwise. I know you own several candles, some incense, and some container shaped like a skull. Can you honestly tell me you don't have any of those things? I bet you can't say that.

    Living life on your own..Isn't always that easy..-Vincent

  4. #20
    Banned beast may be famous one day beast may be famous one day beast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Michigan United States
    Posts
    1,499
    Thanks
    411
    Thanked 132 Times in 126 Posts

    Re: Wicca

    Quote Originally Posted by Avea Shadows View Post
    If people sterotyped you in the things you do, I know it would be a totally different story, so leave this person alone like seriously. This arguement is high;y disrespectful and unnessacary.
    It is neither of those things. If this person doesn't have candles, or incense, or anything shaped like a skull than stereo types aren't true but I bet even, if they don't admit it, that they have one of those things.

  5. #21
    丹色 月影 BrightShadow_96 may be famous one day BrightShadow_96 may be famous one day BrightShadow_96's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    The piano. ♫ | ♩
    Posts
    684
    Thanks
    12
    Thanked 8 Times in 8 Posts

    Re: Wicca

    Quote Originally Posted by beast View Post
    I have meant far more th, any human being probably should. I am also willing to bet that you do conform to a lot of those stereotypes and you are just saying you don't since I can't prove otherwise. I know you own several candles, some incense, and some container shaped like a skull. Can you honestly tell me you don't have any of those things? I bet you can't say that.
    Of course I'd have candles and incense (because that actually makes sense). I have candles and incense for the same reason that a die-hard Christian has rosaries and crosses hanging everywhere (as for the skull container, I have one of those somewhere but it's a Halloween decoration). Just because I can say "I bet that Buddhist has a mini-statue of Buddha" doesn't mean that any stereotype I fabricate about Buddhism is true. The other stereotypes that you mentioned don't apply to me because they don't make sense. Why would I cut myself, wear all black, or curse people? Those things have absolutely nothing to do with Wicca--they only have to do with people who pretend to be Wiccan (If you're wondering why I don't have a pentagram necklace, it's because I don't like shoving my religious beliefs in people's faces: there are real Wiccans that wear pentacles, but most of them have smaller ones rather than those bulky medallions). It seems obvious that you've had way too many bad experiences with people pretending to be Wiccan to realize what actual Wicca is. Have you ever read an authentic book on the subject or spoken with a real Wiccan?

    Also, why would I lie about wearing black or any of that crap? If I was some super-gothic/emo prince of the night, I would be professing eternal blackness, pools of blood, the dark abyss, and tired shit like that. But I'm not, because I don't sacrifice my blood to some demon or hex people walking down the street. I don't fit that persona because that sort of thing is annoying after about five seconds and I'd rather have an optimistic view of life than to plot my own death.
    Last edited by BrightShadow_96; May 01, 2010 at 08:58 AM.

  6. #22
    Otaku Avea Shadows is off to a good start Avea Shadows's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Philadelpha, PA
    Posts
    103
    Thanks
    13
    Thanked 13 Times in 12 Posts

    Re: Wicca

    Doesn't matter if it's true or not, sterotyping is wrong! and you know it! Just give it a rest dude, he gave you your answer, so stop critisizin, seriously, it's gettin old. There is no reason to harshly judge him because of his believes..Jeez.

    Quote Originally Posted by beast View Post
    It is neither of those things. If this person doesn't have candles, or incense, or anything shaped like a skull than stereo types aren't true but I bet even, if they don't admit it, that they have one of those things.

    Living life on your own..Isn't always that easy..-Vincent

  7. #23
    Newbie AriesFireAngel is off to a good start AriesFireAngel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    georgia
    Posts
    97
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 7 Times in 6 Posts

    Re: Wicca

    Quote Originally Posted by zoolivemonster View Post
    What is everyone's opinion on this religion? I was just wondering if anybody is a Wiccan and would like to talk about the different panteons you follow. But if you are against it, you must have a reason to support it.
    i am wiccan and have been so for a very very long time. but i don't want to get tangled up in religous debates over it lol. so i will simply say that i give praise to the triple goddess and horned god (no that is not satan for those of you who are wondering lol)
    though i do not wish to debate my religion with any one. every one is entitled to believe as they want, and while some may never full understand it or care for it. my religion has always brought me peace of mind and heart and i feel as if i am a better person for it. and if my religion lumps me together with certain stereo types as "emo" or "goth" then thats fine i'm too old to care what others call me any way

  8. #24
    Otaku Avea Shadows is off to a good start Avea Shadows's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Philadelpha, PA
    Posts
    103
    Thanks
    13
    Thanked 13 Times in 12 Posts

    Re: Wicca

    I also take my religion seriously. It seems that when I am praying, I feel that I am not alone. Which makes life a little bit more easy to go by each day. I take it seriously. Sure I am not perfect, no one is, and we all slip up, but praying and full repentance is basically what I do when I slip up, even the slightest bit. All in all, we all have different religions, and we all take them very seriously. Having others sterotype and critisize our beliefs is highly disrespectful to them, their congregation, anyone else who is in that religion, and their God as well. We may not worship in the same way, but we all believe being critisized by our religion is highly disrespectful.

    Quote Originally Posted by AriesFireAngel View Post
    i am wiccan and have been so for a very very long time. but i don't want to get tangled up in religous debates over it lol. so i will simply say that i give praise to the triple goddess and horned god (no that is not satan for those of you who are wondering lol)
    though i do not wish to debate my religion with any one. every one is entitled to believe as they want, and while some may never full understand it or care for it. my religion has always brought me peace of mind and heart and i feel as if i am a better person for it. and if my religion lumps me together with certain stereo types as "emo" or "goth" then thats fine i'm too old to care what others call me any way

    Living life on your own..Isn't always that easy..-Vincent

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Wicca, Witches, Wiccan
    By Lost_Love in forum Debate and Discuss
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: Aug 06, 2006, 09:02 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts