Closed Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Wicca

Newbie AriesFireAngel is off to a good start AriesFireAngel's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Wicca

Quote Originally Posted by Avea Shadows View Post
    I also take my religion seriously. It seems that when I am praying, I feel that I am not alone. Which makes life a little bit more easy to go by each day. I take it seriously. Sure I am not perfect, no one is, and we all slip up, but praying and full repentance is basically what I do when I slip up, even the slightest bit. All in all, we all have different religions, and we all take them very seriously. Having others sterotype and critisize our beliefs is highly disrespectful to them, their congregation, anyone else who is in that religion, and their God as well. We may not worship in the same way, but we all believe being critisized by our religion is highly disrespectful.
    it is disrespectful but there will always be people that will do that and you have to learn to just take it with a grain of salt. every one will have their own opinion and weather we like it or not or if its offensive or not its theirs to say.
    though much like regular religions rituals and spells preformed in wicca are nothing more then prayer in a sense. the same way a Christian goes to church and sings praise to god and prays asking for help or guidance or advice so to does a wiccan i'm sure it just seems very different from an outsiders perspective. lol i am glad though to hear you have such strong feelings about your religion and at the same time can be open minded and respectful and caring of others at the same time. you are a very good person at hear avea ^_^

Otaku Avea Shadows is off to a good start Avea Shadows's Avatar
    Thanks

A friend told me that Wiccas does what regular religions do, just..in their own way. I only judge on how people treat me. Yes, I am a Jehovah's Witness. Very far from your religion, but I take it seriosuly. People talk about my relgion all the time. Not all people constantly knock on people's doors when they don't answer. My congregation understands, when they do not want to be bothered, just leave a Wachtower or an Awake, and try the next house. Sure we may try in another week or so with new ones, but if they do not open the door, we just keep our heads up, and try the next one. Yes, you are ture, people will talk no matter what, but the thing is, why be so disrespectful, when you know if someone was disrespectful to you, you would not like it at all as well? -bows- Thank you, thank you for calling me a good person. Thank you very much. -bows again-

Quote Originally Posted by AriesFireAngel View Post
    it is disrespectful but there will always be people that will do that and you have to learn to just take it with a grain of salt. every one will have their own opinion and weather we like it or not or if its offensive or not its theirs to say.
    though much like regular religions rituals and spells preformed in wicca are nothing more then prayer in a sense. the same way a Christian goes to church and sings praise to god and prays asking for help or guidance or advice so to does a wiccan i'm sure it just seems very different from an outsiders perspective. lol i am glad though to hear you have such strong feelings about your religion and at the same time can be open minded and respectful and caring of others at the same time. you are a very good person at hear avea ^_^

Living life on your own..Isn't always that easy..-Vincent

Thanks

A friend told me that Wiccas does what regular religions do, just..in their own way. I only judge on how people treat me. Yes, I am a Jehovah's Witness. Very far from your religion, but I take it seriosuly. People talk about my relgion all the time. Not all people constantly knock on people's doors when they don't answer. My congregation understands, when they do not want to be bothered, just leave a Wachtower or an Awake, and try the next house. Sure we may try in another week or so with new ones, but if they do not open the door, we just keep our heads up, and try the next one. Yes, you are ture, people will talk no matter what, but the thing is, why be so disrespectful, when you know if someone was disrespectful to you, you would not like it at all as well? -bows- Thank you, thank you for calling me a good person. Thank you very much. -bows again-
    i must admit i don't understand much about Jehovah witness's myself. they come frequently knocking on doors in the summer. though i always answer that i am happy with my current religion i at least offer for them to come inside and have something to drink and rest. it can't be easy walking around in the burning Georgia heat in summer lol if you don't mind me asking why do you go door to door like that? i never really thought to ask about it.
    i know its hard to understand why people are disrespectful, sometimes its the case of not meaning something the way it came out. but i think on the internet at least its much easier for people to be disrespectful or rude then it is face to face. probably cause then you don't have to see another person become emotionally upset or even cry. instead on the internet we are free to say whatever we want and simply walk away with out fear of having to deal with the fact that we are upsetting people or even hurting them. its a jaded cyber world we live in huh? lol

Thanks

i must admit i don't understand much about Jehovah witness's myself. they come frequently knocking on doors in the summer. though i always answer that i am happy with my current religion i at least offer for them to come inside and have something to drink and rest. it can't be easy walking around in the burning Georgia heat in summer lol if you don't mind me asking why do you go door to door like that? i never really thought to ask about it.
    i know its hard to understand why people are disrespectful, sometimes its the case of not meaning something the way it came out. but i think on the internet at least its much easier for people to be disrespectful or rude then it is face to face. probably cause then you don't have to see another person become emotionally upset or even cry. instead on the internet we are free to say whatever we want and simply walk away with out fear of having to deal with the fact that we are upsetting people or even hurting them. its a jaded cyber world we live in huh? lol
    I do not mind answering. We go door to door like that, to show people the good news. Showing what will happen when God finally wipe out all the wicked in the world. His son Jesus Christ will be at his right hand, We also tell how wicked the world is, through the Bible and Wachtowers & Awakes. As well as how the Earth will be in the New world.

Tis is true. People are insulting over the internet, because they do not have enough guts, to tell them face to face. People can take things to heart, and either be highly upset, or angered. But I guess that's how people roll.

Thanks

I do not mind answering. We go door to door like that, to show people the good news. Showing what will happen when God finally wipe out all the wicked in the world. His son Jesus Christ will be at his right hand, We also tell how wicked the world is, through the Bible and Wachtowers & Awakes. As well as how the Earth will be in the New world.

Tis is true. People are insulting over the internet, because they do not have enough guts, to tell them face to face. People can take things to heart, and either be highly upset, or angered. But I guess that's how people roll.
    in wicca spreading your religion is a no no lol its said that people with like minds will always find their way to one another so their is no need to wear your religion for all to see. (religious symbols are kept out of sight in public) and teaching the ways of wicca to another is considered a very very big step. in most covens they require for you to study for up to a year before they will even allow you to participate actively in rituals. more or less this is done so one can be 100% sure about the choice they have made and the dedication they are about to make to wicca. its also taboo to teach children about wicca. more or less to give them freedom of choice in the matter of religious pursuits.

again though not all fallow the same path on wicca. you come to realize that their are many different ways people wish to give praise and conduct themselves. while some are mostly traditional like myself, their are those who aren't who will speak freely and even seek to teach wicca to the masses. every one is different, wicca is a diverse religion open to interpretation and in the end i suppose thats the best way to describe it and leave it at that lol

Thanks

in wicca spreading your religion is a no no lol its said that people with like minds will always find their way to one another so their is no need to wear your religion for all to see. (religious symbols are kept out of sight in public) and teaching the ways of wicca to another is considered a very very big step. in most covens they require for you to study for up to a year before they will even allow you to participate actively in rituals. more or less this is done so one can be 100% sure about the choice they have made and the dedication they are about to make to wicca. its also taboo to teach children about wicca. more or less to give them freedom of choice in the matter of religious pursuits.

again though not all fallow the same path on wicca. you come to realize that their are many different ways people wish to give praise and conduct themselves. while some are mostly traditional like myself, their are those who aren't who will speak freely and even seek to teach wicca to the masses. every one is different, wicca is a diverse religion open to interpretation and in the end i suppose thats the best way to describe it and leave it at that lol
    We teach the word of the Bible. We may come back to give Bible Studies, but becoming a Jehovah's Witness is up to the person we are having the studies with. We do not pressure them to become one. We also have Elders Overseaers, People in the Study, people who are baptized, so becoming a Jehovah's Witness, takes dedication as well. We do not rush them to become an elder, or an overseaer ot to become baptized, especially children. They decide when it is the right time to make that commitment. As like you said, us congregations do things differently. To when the meeting starts, to the ending. Some, the ones I do not know personaly, may knock on the door constantly. Like I said with mines, if you do not answer, we just move on to the next house, not keep knocking like some may do. We also do not wear crosses. Sometimes, if in other countries after natural disasters, Jehovah's Witness' goes over there, to help build, etc etc. Like I said, it takes dedication as well, to become my religion.

Thanks

the jehovah witness's where i live a very nice. there are two different sets that come to my house. one is always 3 old ladies who are so nice. one actually makes me think of my grandmother so i am always happy when she stops by and even though i have told her numerous times that i am simply happy with my religion she will still discuss her's a lot during conversations which i don't truly mind she is always so happy when she talks about it so i normally just listen to her and smile. the others and 2 young men who are always dressed in nice suits which look so silly to me cause they are so young it just doesn't seem fitting. but they are a little more...hmmm whats the word....pushy i guess. they don't take no for an answer as easily. so i know what you mean about how different congregations can be.

Thanks

the jehovah witness's where i live a very nice. there are two different sets that come to my house. one is always 3 old ladies who are so nice. one actually makes me think of my grandmother so i am always happy when she stops by and even though i have told her numerous times that i am simply happy with my religion she will still discuss her's a lot during conversations which i don't truly mind she is always so happy when she talks about it so i normally just listen to her and smile. the others and 2 young men who are always dressed in nice suits which look so silly to me cause they are so young it just doesn't seem fitting. but they are a little more...hmmm whats the word....pushy i guess. they don't take no for an answer as easily. so i know what you mean about how different congregations can be.
    Yes, we mustn't wear regular clothes. We are identified, by our dress when we are doing field survice. Yes, you have some like that. They still come by, just have tell you about the Bible, and they accept your descion, they will also only tell you things about the Bible, if you recomend it, or have a question. Others..are a bit more pushy..I believe, you must not be pushy..because that can drive people away.

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast