+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Will Obama live up to his expectation?

Otaku lapislazuli is off to a good start lapislazuli's Avatar
    48° 07' – 48° 19' N 16° 11' – 16° 34' E or short: behind you.
    Thanks

Question Will Obama live up to his expectation?

Recently I read an article in a newspaper in which Obama was referred to as Obama, der Krieger (= the warrior, it was an austrian newspaper in fact) who's not only the first president since 60 years to fight two wars in Iraq and Afghanistan (three with the war going on in Gaza) but he has also to deal with the climate change, the financial crisis and I'm sure there are yet more things to come up.

Seeing the momentary situation five days before his official inauguration (01.20) (GMT +1), I asked myself this question: Is Obama able to keep up all the enthusiasm revloving around his person? Is he going to accomplish all those things he said he will or at least try? I mean, during the pre-election, he has done a real good job. Personally, I was so enthusiastic, I couldn't think of any other person who is suited better for the job of the president of the United States. I watched many of his speeches on youtube and really enjoyed to see him dancing in some tv shows.
    He was against the war in Iraq and wants to end it as soon as possible, although he also realizes that this needs some time. Additionally, he had the right attitude towards the climate change and the steps which must be made in order to prevent an extreme climate change from happening and I thought he is competent enough to get over the financial crisis too.
    So all in all, I believe that Barack Obama indeed has the right ideas and I rooted for him like for some soccer team in the pre-elections. And now, after he is elected I began to think whether he will do his job right or not.
    Will he, in the end, really be worth of our faith in him?
    I realize of course, that he is just human after all. He can't do everything altogether and more importantly, he needs time to achieve the high goals he set up for himself.
    Although I really hope Obama will be doing all right, there is the possibility that he will do things wrong, that he'll let us down which is not unlikely in a situation like that. He has to bear a lot of responsibility and furthermore high expectations weigh heavy on his shoulders. His situation is very hard and he really made us hope that he'll do it right, that's why you guys in America voted for him.
    So what do you think? Is Obama the man for this job in the end or do you doubt it? Will he live up to his expectations, despite being in such a difficult situation? Is it even possible for him?
    You are now breathing manually. :P

E&OE;

Otaku lessaangel is off to a good start
    Thanks

Re: Will Obama live up to his expectation?

I think oboma is going to live up to his expectations because he tells everyone he is!!!
    And i think the newspapers lie!!!!
    The world isn't ready for the truth...

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

There is not a chance he can live up to the expectations set going into this administration. No one could.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Arrianna For This Useful Post:

Scourge (Jan 16, 2009)

Newbie Naomi Vaine is off to a good start Naomi Vaine's Avatar
    Thanks

well, that depends on weather or not he pulls the war away, if he does Bye, Bye America. because all he'll do when they attac us is slap them on the hand and then give them a cookie... I'm NOT an Obama fan...
    I think I've known you all along.
    I just lost your face in the crowed for a while.
    I think I've been holding my breath all my life, until you found me here tonight.
    So ask me now and I'll run away with you.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Naomi Vaine For This Useful Post:

Scourge (Jan 16, 2009)

Strange Times Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark.'s Avatar
    Thanks

No way, no leader ever could. it's simply asking too much. i have a feeling there's going to be a lot of two-faced supporters in even the months to come who sang Obama's praises before he was in and then just curse him to hell. Both the people themselves and especially the media. Republicans are going to tear him a new one no doubt, I simply hope Obama doesn't let that get to him and can still get stuff done.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Dark. For This Useful Post:

Scourge (Jan 16, 2009)

Nisou Tenshi Hot Shots Champion, Elroy Learns To Fly Champion, Daves Castle Hunt Champion, Mom-Jongg! Champion, Uncle Sam Champion Priestess Angel may be famous one day Priestess Angel may be famous one day Priestess Angel's Avatar
    Thanks

Well, with a democratic majority, I'm sure that Obama will have the power to do a lot of the things he promised. Will he be able to accomplish everything he said he would? No, there's no way.

For one, there are going to be situations that arise that Obama will not be expecting. No matter how carefully laid plans he may have had before he was elected, they are going to be interfered with some unexpected event because it happens with each presidency.

Two, president nominees are never able to do everything they promise because most of the time they just promise too much. They say they will do this and they will do that but in reality they will probably only be able to do only half what they say will do. The reason being that their promises most the time require a lot attention, money, resources, and etc.

Three, this sort of ties in with one. Basically, Obama is going to have prioritize. For example, the top two things on his mind right now would have to be the economy and the situation in Iraq. So those two issues are going to take precedence. Anything else on the plate is probably going to take a backseat. Because of this Obama will most likely not be able to have enough time, resources, or money to cover all of his ambitions.

But hey! Obama was surely a miracle-worker with the media. So maybe he will be a miracle-worker in this regard as well.

Otaku Big Money Champion hyuuga13 may be famous one day hyuuga13 may be famous one day hyuuga13's Avatar
    Thanks

In all honesty i do not think Obama will live up to the nations expections. I think that he just told the American people what they wanted to hear. Alot of his policies that i have read about and heard talked frankly i dont see them working. taxes are going to have to be raised to pay off the $7.5 billion bailout plan for wall street and to pay off the bailout plan for the auto industry. more and more Americans are going to have to go without health care because more and more we cannot afford it. the prices of food are going up and gas is slowly creeping up there too. the biggest issue i have with Obama is that he is pro-abortion. in his four year term as president for now more unborn babies then ever are going to die because of abortion and he will do nothing to prevent it from not happening and saving millions of children
    Why is everything so ****ing hard for me? Keep me down to what you think I should be! Must you tempt me and provoke the ministry? Keep on trying I'm not dying so easily!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to hyuuga13 For This Useful Post:

Scourge (Jan 16, 2009)

Newbie Martin Z is off to a good start Martin Z's Avatar
    Thanks

Maybe.....Maybe not only time will tell.But time is just passing by.
    Martin Z

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast