+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 30 FirstFirst ... 7 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 27 ... LastLast
Results 129 to 136 of 239

Thread: Witchcraft: fact or fiction?

  1. #129
    NalaMidnight Eggs Champion P.R. Princess may be famous one day P.R. Princess may be famous one day P.R. Princess's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    929
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 20 Times in 19 Posts

    Re: Witchcraft: fact or fiction?

    I would have to sat yes and no because I can't really think that they can harm you they just think they can.But yes because many do prctice it .

    ~Falling in love one step at a time~
    ~ MYSPACE~AWESOME PLACE TO SAVE~

  2. #130
    Newbie Skurei may be famous one day Skurei may be famous one day
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    59
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: Witchcraft: fact or fiction?

    It's kind of ignorant to say "I won't believe it untill I see it." For instance, none of us have ever seen a 12 foot tall gorilla that walks on two legs like a man, but they've recently found skeletons and bones, that were thousands of years old, of these apes in the mountains of China, so there is proof that they existed. (Not @ Arukih) Plus if you beleive in the stories of the Bible, then you can't say "I won't beleive it unless I see it." because that would be hypocritical. I've never seen a rainbow, not even a photo of one, but I know that they exist.

  3. #131
    Otaku Arukih may be famous one day Arukih may be famous one day Arukih's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    405
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 11 Times in 11 Posts

    Re: Witchcraft: fact or fiction?

    Quote Originally Posted by Skurei View Post
    It's kind of ignorant to say "I won't believe it untill I see it." For instance, none of us have ever seen a 12 foot tall gorilla that walks on two legs like a man, but they've recently found skeletons and bones, that were thousands of years old, of these apes in the mountains of China, so there is proof that they existed. (Not @ Arukih) Plus if you beleive in the stories of the Bible, then you can't say "I won't beleive it unless I see it." because that would be hypocritical. I've never seen a rainbow, not even a photo of one, but I know that they exist.

    Hey slow down!! see, sometimes ppl belive in thing that they want to belive and thats a fact too!! I did born in Africa and I know hw ppl there belive in staff like this!!!and hey the fact of bible's stories tell u that doesnt mean its cans be true, and belive me I have the most chatolic family in this word and very traditional...about the Bible, Im very familier with it, I readed 3 times because the stories were very impressive and my father forced me to do it but I made alot of research and no one gives me a good answer about God expect "the Faith thing"!!! the Faith thing never heal a sick baby or a blinde person and those Witchcraf never healed either and I'd through it ...like a experience..so Im pretty much confortble wit science thing..and about the rainbow guess wht?? yeah dude has explanation 2 .......I know its wasnt for me....but hey I couldnt ignore you..peace out

  4. #132
    ~jUsT sMiLe~ _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    In the gallery
    Posts
    1,376
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 35 Times in 31 Posts

    Re: Witchcraft: fact or fiction?

    Quote Originally Posted by Skurei View Post
    It's kind of ignorant to say "I won't believe it untill I see it." For instance, none of us have ever seen a 12 foot tall gorilla that walks on two legs like a man, but they've recently found skeletons and bones, that were thousands of years old, of these apes in the mountains of China, so there is proof that they existed. (Not @ Arukih) Plus if you beleive in the stories of the Bible, then you can't say "I won't beleive it unless I see it." because that would be hypocritical. I've never seen a rainbow, not even a photo of one, but I know that they exist.
    I don't believe it's ignorant. I believe it's kinda saying that

    with current lack of proof ( that I have seen anyways), I don't see that witchcraft is true, but given more evidence it just might be

    I see it, as being open minded about witch craft, meaning no, i don't believe now but if is start seeing more evidence I might just believe or acknowledge that it's there.

    basically what you were saying about the gorilla bones

    did any of that make sense?
    I know what i'm trying to say, it's just hard to put it into words.

  5. #133
    Newbie Skurei may be famous one day Skurei may be famous one day
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    59
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: Witchcraft: fact or fiction?

    most people take ignorant as an insult, it just simply means "unknowing." You can't believe because you don't know, it would probably be better to say "I'll wait and see." than "I'll believe it when I see it," when you say that you're almost challanging the idea.

    And I'm sorry Arukih, I didn't understand any of that, could you redo it or something?:P

    The bible has a lot to do with witchcraft, the occult, and the supernatural. Let me tell you some things that I've learned about it, first it was written by men so it's not perfect. Norse mythology predates Christianity, and the story of Adam and Eve comes from an old Scandinavian poem, which also predates Christianity. These stories were takin from the poems and just edited to fit Christian beliefs. Take Hell for example, it also comes from the Norse, but Hel was the name of the Jotun that controlled Nifelheim, it wasn't the place itself. The Titans/Giants are in almost every religion, including Christianity, along with other stories, which proves that most religions spawn from a single point. The Valkyries/Gods/and the Jotun mated with humans creating mixed offspring, while in Christianity the Angels mated with Humans creating mixed offspring, but then God killed the half angels just for being born as a message to the angels never to sleep with the daughters of man again.

    Now as for the first recorded "witches." There were three healers in the enemy's group (I can't remember who they were fighting, it's been a while.) that the Romans (turned Christian at the time) were fighting against, the Romans spread the rumor that these healors were actually witches, thus getting the other Christian countries on their side, so in all actuality witchcraft, in fact, did heal too.

    When you talk about witchcraft you have to talk about religion, herbs, science, and medicine too, because they are all related in some way.

  6. #134
    Otaku Arukih may be famous one day Arukih may be famous one day Arukih's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    405
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 11 Times in 11 Posts

    Thumbs up Re: Witchcraft: fact or fiction?

    Quote Originally Posted by Skurei View Post
    most people take ignorant as an insult,

    could you redo it or something?:P

    The bible has a lot to do with witchcraft, the occult, and the supernatural. Let me tell you some things that I've learned about it, first it was written by men so it's not perfect. Norse mythologics predates Christianity, and the story of Adam and Eve comes from an old Scandinavian poem, which also predates Christianity. These stories were takin from the poems and just edited to fit Christian beliefs. Take Hell for example, it also comes from the Norse, but Hel was the name of the Jotun that controlled Nifelheim, it wasn't the place itself. The Titans/Giants are in almost every religion, including Christianity, along with other stories, which proves that most religions spawn from a single point. The Valkyries/Gods/and the Jotun mated with humans creating mixed offspring, while in Christianity the Angels mated with Humans creating mixed offspring, but then God killed the half angels just for being born as a message to the angels never to sleep with the daughters of man again.

    Now as for the first recorded "witches." There were three healers in the enemy's group (I can't remember who they were fighting, it's been a while.) that the Romans (turned Christian at the time) were fighting against, the Romans spread the rumor that these healors were actually witches, thus getting the other Christian countries on their side, so in all actuality witchcraft, in fact, did heal too.

    When you talk about witchcraft you have to talk about religion, herbs, science, and medicine too, because they are all related in some way.



    You know What?? I stard to really like u!!

    No! I think no one took ignorant as an insult,

    Sorry If my eng is bad( isnt my first languages and isnt my 2nd either) :S
    which part didnt you understand!!??

    As I said Im very familier wit bible's staffs...but for me its like u said is a Norse mythologics predates Christianity ... for me its just a Book like a "Lord of Rings"book or Harry Potters book too which I didnt mind read it all

    All that "rubbish" on bible made me do a lot research about world and human being but I couldnt find a good answer about "God".... and dont take me wrong dude, but Im very intelectual girl because I have a very intelectual family...I dont know if what Im sayin' makes sense to you but I have alot of information about Witchcraft and religion not just because of the books but also because I had experiences with it 2 and "My good gentleman" ...for me, only science cans explain everythin about human being and all natural staff...

    Ps: u r cool
    Last edited by Arukih; Sep 12, 2006 at 06:12 AM.

  7. #135
    Otaku Gilgamesh may be famous one day Gilgamesh may be famous one day Gilgamesh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Posts
    129
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: Witchcraft: fact or fiction?

    Quote Originally Posted by whitefoxdemon View Post
    In many countries such as mexico, africa, and other countries, witchcraft is fairly common. My question is wether it really works. How can a person inflict harm on someone through chants and satanic ceremonies? Do so called witches really have the ability to practice a form of magic? What do you think?
    True witches would never use their powers for evil. That is part of the Threefold Law, whatever energy you put fourth will be returned to you three times that, whether it's evil energies or good energies it will come back to you. I've practiced Wiccan for over a year now and I've taken part in full moon ceremonies and other magic acts, you can feel the energy surrounding you (especially strong when performed with a group) So yes I believe that witchcraft is real. It has been practiced far too long.

  8. #136
    Newbie Skurei may be famous one day Skurei may be famous one day
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    59
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: Witchcraft: fact or fiction?

    Quote Originally Posted by Arukih View Post
    Sorry If my eng is bad( isnt my first languages and isnt my 2nd either) :S
    which part didnt you understand!!??

    Your English is good, it's my fault, I just had to reread it a few times:P

+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 30 FirstFirst ... 7 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 27 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Morphing.Fact or Fiction?
    By bloodymoonreaper in forum Debate and Discuss
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: May 24, 2006, 02:50 PM
  2. Fiction Story ~Comments please~
    By Animewolf267 in forum The Thread Vault
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: Feb 08, 2006, 08:28 PM
  3. Religion vs. Science
    By Zarriff in forum The Thread Vault
    Replies: 66
    Last Post: Dec 15, 2005, 12:01 AM
  4. Random fact about you
    By super9xman in forum The Thread Vault
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: Aug 21, 2005, 04:27 PM
  5. Fact or Fiction??
    By jaderabbit in forum The Thread Vault
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: May 22, 2005, 05:42 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts