+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Witchcraft: fact or fiction?

Newbie whitefoxdemon may be famous one day whitefoxdemon may be famous one day whitefoxdemon's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Witchcraft: fact or fiction?

Quote Originally Posted by Exoparadapsyphobia
    I don't believe in magic. I believe it's an alternative way of thinking for people who don't care to figure out how things work in reality. If magic was real we wouldn't need to find a cure for Cancer or Aids, becuase we could just use magic right? Or instantly heal wounds and turn led into gold (which midevil alchemists already proved impossible), wrong. We have hospitals and molecular acceleration machines for a reason.
    Just because we still have hospitals and people still die from disease it doesn't mean that witchcraft can't heal some things or that it isn't used to help heal. I have family in which witchcraft plays a large role in their lives. I've seen some really creepy stuff that can only be explained by magic. I've also seen instances when "modern" medicine couldn't help a person so they took them to a "healing" witch and although they weren't completely cured at least they're still alive.

Otaku bloodymoonreaper may be famous one day bloodymoonreaper may be famous one day bloodymoonreaper's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kastelic4444
    Im christian and catholic. And i dont see it as a sin.
    really , well then that is a personal thing with you because in the bible , it is listed under the stuff that God detests. How can you be catholic and christian ? Unless , catholic is in the branch of christianity...
    Bloodymoonreaper

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bloodymoonreaper
    really , well then that is a personal thing with you because in the bible , it is listed under the stuff that God detests. How can you be catholic and christian ? Unless , catholic is in the branch of christianity...
    It's because i dont take everything it the bible seriously. Its just a guide. Im not going to live my life word by word from something that was written by man. Man probably added that about witchcraft because the ppl at the time hated witches.

Otaku bloodymoonreaper may be famous one day bloodymoonreaper may be famous one day bloodymoonreaper's Avatar
    Thanks

How can man be smart enough to write the bible? We can barely govern ourselves and if man wrote the bible then it would not be that helpful. They probably hated witches back then for a good reason , does that mean that it is accepted nowadays. ..I don't think so ...
    Bloodymoonreaper

Newbie whitefoxdemon may be famous one day whitefoxdemon may be famous one day whitefoxdemon's Avatar
    Thanks

If witchcraft was okay with god(for those who believe in him) then he would encourage it in the bible. But since he condemns it, all of it, then it's not good no matter how much you may fool yourself that it is.
    Last edited by whitefoxdemon; May 20, 2006 at 08:37 AM.

Otaku The Fighter may be famous one day The Fighter may be famous one day The Fighter's Avatar
    Thanks

In many countries such as mexico, africa, and other countries, witchcraft is fairly common. My question is wether it really works. How can a person inflict harm on someone through chants and satanic ceremonies? Do so called witches really have the ability to practice a form of magic? What do you think?
    Rubbish! I dont believe in that. The whole Idea about cursing this or summoning that is all nonsence..People gatta lay off the Final Fantasy..

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by whitefoxdemon
    If witchcraft was okay with god(for those who believe in him) then he would encourage it in the bible. But sense he condemns it, all of it, then it's not good no matter how much you may fool yourself that it is.
    Not everything in the bible is true. If man didnt write the bible, then who did. lol

Sophist of Satire Exoparadapsyphobia may be famous one day Exoparadapsyphobia may be famous one day Exoparadapsyphobia's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by whitefoxdemon
    Just because we still have hospitals and people still die from disease it doesn't mean that witchcraft can't heal some things or that it isn't used to help heal. I have family in which witchcraft plays a large role in their lives. I've seen some really creepy stuff that can only be explained by magic. I've also seen instances when "modern" medicine couldn't help a person so they took them to a "healing" witch and although they weren't completely cured at least they're still alive.
    Ah, instances that could only be explained by magic eh? They're called "illusionists" for a reason . Also, miraculous "healings" have already been falsified. Take church gatherings for example, I'm sure you've seen some instances were a person who can barely walk, has cancer, or is blind walk up to the stage and somehow the priest already knows their name, age, and what they are afflicted by and is somehow able to miraculously heal them. Well at one point in time some poeple decided to investigate this, they brought a radio transmitter into a religious ceremony and picked up a signal. What they heard on the signal was a woman's voice talking to the priest, she was informing the priest of that persons name and what they were diagnosed with. Well then how do you explain the person suddenly jumping for joy who a second ago could barely walk? You might ask. Well either the person is a payed actor or they have such a strong mindset they are cured their brain is able to block out the fact that their body is sick for that brief moment, including the pain that comes with that sickness. Were as the next day or the next hour or so they will start feeling their affliction again, or not at all. An example of this is a terminally ill person who can decide to hold on, or die when they want to simply becuase they choose not to fight anymore.
    Last edited by Exoparadapsyphobia; May 18, 2006 at 12:28 PM.
    Death is your most loyal companion, for he will never fail you.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 12 ... LastLast