+ Reply to Thread
Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 20 27 28 29 30

Thread: Witchcraft: fact or fiction?

丹色 月影 BrightShadow_96 may be famous one day BrightShadow_96 may be famous one day BrightShadow_96's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Witchcraft: fact or fiction?

This is going to get a little preachy, but . . .
    I am a "witch". Just not in the sense that most people might think.

I worship the Earth, not any sort of evil entity, and I look to nature as a source of power. I occasionally cast spells, positive ones, in hope of change. However, a "spell" in my eyes isn't nearly as silly as it sounds. When I perform witchcraft, I look toward nature for power. Sound familiar? Casting a spell is a form of prayer. The difference is the setting, intent, and who the spell/prayer is directed towards.

In that sense, magic is real. Most of us pray to someone or something every day, without even thinking about it, hoping for change. That's the idea of magic in a nutshell.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to BrightShadow_96 For This Useful Post:

kimihiro (Feb 22, 2011)

Otaku Marcus Fenix is off to a good start Marcus Fenix's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BrightShadow_96 View Post

I worship the Earth, not any sort of evil entity, and I look to nature as a source of power. I occasionally cast spells, positive ones, in hope of change. However, a "spell" in my eyes isn't nearly as silly as it sounds. When I perform witchcraft, I look toward nature for power. Sound familiar? Casting a spell is a form of prayer. The difference is the setting, intent, and who the spell/prayer is directed towards.

In that sense, magic is real. Most of us pray to someone or something every day, without even thinking about it, hoping for change. That's the idea of magic in a nutshell.
    I am unfortunatly for some people am going to have to agree with you on that. I think that while magic is real, only a few can access it fully, but then again magic is a force of creation.
    We gotta make our choices...because in the end we are who we choose to be.

Because choice is the only real freedom any of us have.

Otaku Brandon Grave Heat is off to a good start
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BrightShadow_96 View Post

__________________________________________________ _______________
    Magic is real to those who have Faith, Some follow the path of light and others follow the path of darkness, I like the world of magic and the princepal of time X3. Look I have seen it almost all of it and reads books about Vamps, Lycans, aka were wolfs, Some people use magic as a ture power & some use it for Prayer. & know how.

In the days of Inuyasha or in the time on old Japan, People used magic to explain a lot of things like Field meds with plant herbs and Faith. and if it was not for Magic and nature back then, would we have the tech and science of today?
    Elite Member
    Achieved after 150 days AND 500 posts.
    Veteran Member
    Achieved after 365 days AND 1000 posts.

Otaku Marcus Fenix is off to a good start Marcus Fenix's Avatar
    Thanks

Magic has yet to of out of the world. Look at love, look at the birthing of our children, look at creation.

Magic and Science are one and the same. I don't know what else to say, save that if magic were to cease to exsist, life would end.
    We gotta make our choices...because in the end we are who we choose to be.

Because choice is the only real freedom any of us have.

Newbie cidrazib may be famous one day cidrazib may be famous one day cidrazib's Avatar
    Thanks

witchcraft is very real. i think their real isn't a different with white or black magic. being native american on reservation you hear stories of witchcraft
    Last edited by cidrazib; May 09, 2011 at 11:11 AM.

Otaku Simon Champion, Shanghi 2 Champion AstralMage01 is off to a good start AstralMage01's Avatar
    Thanks

it's real for me, but it's hard to believe that it exists till now, if U would read some historic books (the bible for example) U'd find many stories regarding those matters, the story of moses for example showed that in ancient Egypt there were many sorcerers :P
    "If you do not believe in yourself, hardwork is useless"
    "Might Gai" from "Naruto"

Newbie SweetBEE is off to a good start SweetBEE's Avatar
    Thanks

I rather see what's in front of me, instead of believing rumors about magic, or witchcraft.
    Talking about witchcraft, I've remembered my English class back then when I was a senior in high school, we read about The Crucible.
    Basically, The Crucible is a historical play based on events of the Salem witchcraft trials, takes place in a small Puritan village in the colony of Massachusetts in 1692. The witchcraft trials, as Miller explains in a prose prologue to the play, grew out of the particular moral system of the Puritans, which promoted interference in others' affairs as well as a repressive code of conduct that frowned on any diversion from norms of behavior.
    It's a very much interesting book, you guys should read about it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 20 27 28 29 30