View Poll Results: Well should women get back to the kids?

Voters
55. You may not vote on this poll
  • Nope

10 18.18%
  • Why can't the guy?!

13 23.64%
  • Yes

8 14.55%
  • ..... N/A

24 43.64%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Women and children

AO Helper Word Slider Champion, Penguin Shot Champion, YetiSports 10 - The End Champion, Yetisports 2 - Orca Slap Champion, Yetisports 3 - Seal Bounce Champion Mega may be famous one day Mega may be famous one day Mega's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Gender?

Quote Originally Posted by Tavrail View Post
    Oh yeah becuase a child is really going to understand finance over why mom aint home.Kids need a parent(or matue,responsable guardian) at home.Whether thats a Mom or a Dad dosent matter.As long as a child has someone to learn from they wont be running amok
    That response hurts just a little, however, my oppionion remains the same. Not every child is six years old. A child of say, thirteen is smart enough to understand. Even a six year old knows enough to realize "Theres never any food in the house." My statement is not hypothetical, my mother is an unemployed single parent. I wouldn't debate me without adequate information or life experience. Sorry buddy

Trance Addict jaam0927 may be famous one day jaam0927 may be famous one day jaam0927's Avatar
    Thanks

I mean things could be different in the house if a parent stayed home but I dont think it would have a big effect... it doesnt need to be the mother it can be the father too... but think of that not all families can aford to have one parent at home... that means a lower income for the house.... I dont think it would make any difference if it started to happen... society is different now... what I think would change things is a different set of rules and ways to enforce them... I dont mean all strict... but someway to control the punks....
    for the idea of a parent staying home... I dont think it would make much a difference now... plus think of the kids.... would you like to see your mom or dad every freking second of the day telling you what to do? NO! poor kids
    Thank you SasuraiHell for making my sig. ur the best.
    "I came, I saw, I conquered" - Julious Cesar

Otaku Tavrail may be famous one day Tavrail may be famous one day
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mega View Post
    That response hurts just a little, however, my oppionion remains the same. Not every child is six years old. A child of say, thirteen is smart enough to understand. Even a six year old knows enough to realize "Theres never any food in the house." My statement is not hypothetical, my mother is an unemployed single parent. I wouldn't debate me without adequate information or life experience. Sorry buddy
    My responce comes from personal experience,your example just seemed to be the most fitting.Most kids will run amok without a parental figure.They need someone to be a rolemodle for them and a parent(or legal guardian) is the best rolemodle a child can get(A mature,responasable parent/guardian)

Otaku Meji Imaru may be famous one day Meji Imaru may be famous one day Meji Imaru's Avatar
    Thanks

I'll respond later >.>, As for now Ill just say 50/50

Otaku zeroenix may be famous one day zeroenix may be famous one day zeroenix's Avatar
    Thanks

Maybe not the mother, but one of the parents. It's simple right? If the child doesn't have someone to follow, they are going to follow what they see most. If they watch a lot of tv, well then they do what they see. There have been some good points here. As far as having only one parent, I only had my mother from 10 till I was 16. She obviously had to work, so I would go to my grandmother's house. Then when she was home, she would spend as much time with me and my little brother as she could. She made an effort. This is more that a lot of parents do as single parents.(not dissing anybodies parents, so please don't take offense.)

Quote Originally Posted by mega View Post
    Your right. Not every child is six. However do you honestly believe that a thirteen year old, knowing that his/her parent won't be home untill late every day, is going to behave properly. It all depends on how they were raised. If they never had a parent around, that most probably no. Sure they understand there is no food in the house, but that doesn't mean they understand why.

Main point: No parent = Misbehaved child. (In most cases)

+=My Space=+ Thanks zeroenix for the sig and avi... wait that's me. +=zeroenix.net=+

Strange Times Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark.'s Avatar
    Thanks

utter bullshit. I never came home to mommy and daddy when school came out, and I'm a good egg. Women shouldn't have to be forced to stay home just because some parents aren't very good parents. If you have a bad egg, it's because you don't spend the proper amount of time to raise them; if you can't balance work and time with your children, why did you have one in the first place? Nope, women can work just the same as men as far as I'm concerned, they're not weaklings, they're equal human beings. Gender means nothing.

Fish Fingers & Custard Ice Hockey Champion, Smaugs Treasure Champion, Mini Putt 3 Champion, Ant Tracks Champion, Jungle Hunt Champion, Madnetics Champion, Manole Champion, Blokken Champion, Fast Food Fiasco Champion, Shapes Hifters Champion, Mud and Blood: Vietnam Champion HolderOfTheDarkChalice is making a name for themselves HolderOfTheDarkChalice is making a name for themselves HolderOfTheDarkChalice's Avatar
    someplace where the only light is the moon above
    Thanks

i see some are agreeing with my 50/50 idea wich makes since if you think about it
    becuase one doing more than the pther really get frustrating after a while
    I'll be the one to protect you from your enemies and all your demons
    I'll be the one to protect you from a will to survive and a voice of reason
    I'll be the one to protect you from your enemies and your choices son
    They're one in the same, I must isolate you...
    Isolate and save you from yourself

Otaku zeroenix may be famous one day zeroenix may be famous one day zeroenix's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dark. View Post
    utter bullshit. I never came home to mommy and daddy when school came out, and I'm a good egg. Women shouldn't have to be forced to stay home just because some parents aren't very good parents. If you have a bad egg, it's because you don't spend the proper amount of time to raise them; if you can't balance work and time with your children, why did you have one in the first place? Nope, women can work just the same as men as far as I'm concerned, they're not weaklings, they're equal human beings. Gender means nothing.
    lol. Hopefully you weren't refering to me. I said that it is both parents responsibillity. not just the women's. And obviously it is possible for someone to be a good person without the parental supervision, I was stating that spending time with ones children, not on bad terms, is a good way to keep one's children out of trouble. And I find it rather, umm what's the word I'm looking for? I'm just going to say humerous, that you claim yourself a good egg. Try to be more humble and less insulting, yes?

And I agree Holder, it is better to share responsibillity. Not only for the sake of having the child spend time with both parents, but also not to overwhelm one of them.
    Last edited by zeroenix; Aug 28, 2006 at 08:36 PM.

+=My Space=+ Thanks zeroenix for the sig and avi... wait that's me. +=zeroenix.net=+

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast