View Poll Results: Well should women get back to the kids?

Voters
55. You may not vote on this poll
  • Nope

10 18.18%
  • Why can't the guy?!

13 23.64%
  • Yes

8 14.55%
  • ..... N/A

24 43.64%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: Women and children

Newbie Skurei may be famous one day Skurei may be famous one day
    Thanks

Re: Gender?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. K View Post
    [B][COLOR="LemonChiffon"][FONT="Arial Narrow"][SIZE="3"]So you mean back to cooking and are unfaithful husband is doing the helping lady?! Right.
    Actually, it's a fact more women cheat than men do.

but yeah, a child will grow up better if there is a parent there to watch them more often.

Otaku Gilgamesh may be famous one day Gilgamesh may be famous one day Gilgamesh's Avatar
    Thanks

I think that as long as both parents are present in a childs life then they should both be able to work and have a well balanced child. although most of the time this isn't the case. I had a mother that worked and a father that worked and everything ended up alright (haha I guess, if normal is really normal that is) but there are a lot of other factors that can come into play in childhood that has a direct factor over the outcome of the child.

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

I hope some people who say it doens't matter which parent takes care of the kids have thought about this:

The mother will ALWAYS have a stronger connection to the child. That's how it is in nature and it's of course quite obvious when you've been inside of her for +/- 9 months.

Otaku Gilgamesh may be famous one day Gilgamesh may be famous one day Gilgamesh's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hassun View Post
    I hope some people who say it doens't matter which parent takes care of the kids have thought about this:

The mother will ALWAYS have a stronger connection to the child. That's how it is in nature and it's of course quite obvious when you've been inside of her for +/- 9 months.
    Yes I know that a Mother could have a stronger bond due to maternity. But a father that is always there for their child can also build the same bond as the mother. Because the child IS half of the father, so there will be a genetic bond as well if raised properly. I'm saying that both should be present in the child's life equally. Not that one is better than the other.

Otaku Pride_Edward may be famous one day Pride_Edward may be famous one day Pride_Edward's Avatar
    Thanks

Working moms doesnt always meant they dont take good care of their children...what they need is some time...The father has a big job too,not only the mothers...

Otaku Heartless_mage may be famous one day Heartless_mage may be famous one day Heartless_mage's Avatar
    Thanks

i grew up with only my mother..................so it is hard to make a connection with male authority figures.............but that is no fault of the parent(s)............children are not becoming worse because of the parents......because great parents could have bad apples..........it is the way that we as the youth look at the world............

Click here to be Myspace groupies......lol
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)This is the Bunny Lord. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (")_(")signature to help him gain world domination

Otaku Pride_Edward may be famous one day Pride_Edward may be famous one day Pride_Edward's Avatar
    Thanks

All I have to say is,both of the parents have a major role in their children...its that simple.

Retired frr_Vegeta may be famous one day frr_Vegeta may be famous one day frr_Vegeta's Avatar
    Thanks

Actually, the mother should be there for the child in the child's first three years of life. Sending an infant to day care is a bad idea because studies have shown that infants who spend more than 20 hours a week in nonparental care are at risk for developing attachment disorders with their mother. This can lead to psychological problems later in life. It is because of this that many countries in Europe have maternity leave, while the US does not.

Some may say "Yes, the US does have maternity leave!" No, not even close. In many European countries the mother gets 2-3 years off from work paid. In the US you're lucky if you get 2 months. Not to mention in Europe your old job is held for you. In the US the company promises you a job, which means you could leave the company as a manager, and be taken back as the new manager's secretary.

It is very important that the mother stay at home and raise the child for the first few years of life. Because of todays "working mothers" problems are starting to arise in many children, problems which may never be fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilgamesh View Post
    Yes I know that a Mother could have a stronger bond due to maternity. But a father that is always there for their child can also build the same bond as the mother. Because the child IS half of the father, so there will be a genetic bond as well if raised properly. I'm saying that both should be present in the child's life equally. Not that one is better than the other.
    Incorrect my friend, you need to bring some science into your arguement:

Oh and for the record, the husband can't fill in for the wife. It's fine if he takes care of the kid solely from time to time, but the infant has a built in psychological dependancies on the mother which only the mother can satiate. Unfortunatly for men....the psychological importance of the father during the first few years of a child's life is just a hair above zero.

After those first few years the father becomes more important, according to the psychodynamic theory at least.
    Last edited by frr_Vegeta; Sep 22, 2006 at 08:41 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast