View Poll Results: Well should women get back to the kids?

Voters
55. You may not vote on this poll
  • Nope

10 18.18%
  • Why can't the guy?!

13 23.64%
  • Yes

8 14.55%
  • ..... N/A

24 43.64%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: Women and children

Newbie doesntmatter23 may be famous one day doesntmatter23 may be famous one day doesntmatter23's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Gender?

Its not that, its the way kids are handled, I was hit when I was a kid and im sure thats why im SANE today.

Newbie unknownp may be famous one day unknownp may be famous one day unknownp's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by doesntmatter23 View Post
    Its not that, its the way kids are handled, I was hit when I was a kid and im sure thats why im SANE today.

I agree. Both my parents worked most of the day when I was younger. I came up with the fear in me. I would get beat by my dad, mother, family, friends and any other people within my community if I was bad or out of line. Now a days we don’t hit your kids because we think the cops will be called and taken off the jail

Newbie doesntmatter23 may be famous one day doesntmatter23 may be famous one day doesntmatter23's Avatar
    Thanks
    Exactly, that fear kept you in check most of the time. I hated it but today I understand it all, and I know they only wanted the best for me.

With that said, I want to add, Ill probably hit my kids too. Nothing crazy violent, just to let em know whos boss.
    Last edited by LenMiyata; Sep 24, 2006 at 06:40 AM.

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by doesntmatter23 View Post
    With that said, I want to add, Ill probably hit my kids too. Nothing crazy violent, just to let em know whos boss.
    http://www.animeonline.net/forum-fee...-and-faqs.html
    7. Do not flood the forum with random long postings that are impossible to read. Do not repetitively post the same thing. Do not post the same topic in multiple forums as all such threads will be removed. Do not double post on an individual thread. An example of what is acceptable and unacceptable when posting is demonstrated below:

Acceptable:

Your post
    Someone else's post
    Your post

Not acceptable:

Your post
    Your post
    Someone else's post

God's Little Girl blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel's Avatar
    Thanks

That's only half-true. Kids do need their parents to be around, but making women stay at home 24/7 is just bull. Don't most mothers take maternity leave for a year or so after giving birth!? What more do people want? I think this looking after the kids business should be a shared responsibility. I say this because where I grew up, both my parents took turns looking after my sisters and I when we were kids. It was mostly my mum, but there were times when my dad stayed home too - it was a 50-50 thing because both my parents are doctors, and well, you know... emergencies do happen.

If I do have kids in the future, I'll do what most mothers do - take a break from work for a while, and if possible, get my mom to look after my kids when I'm at work since I can't possibly be on vacation forever. After all, when my parents were away, my grandmother looked after me.

Okay. A little OT.

I do think it would be better for the child if there were at least ONE guardian at home. Can you imagine how lonely the kid would feel if he/she had to return to an empty home? No one to talk to. No one to watch over the kid.

AO's Demon Slayer Hexxagon Champion, Match Stick Soccer Champion Blade X may be famous one day Blade X may be famous one day Blade X's Avatar
    Thanks

both of my parents are at home or my dad is at home so yea...he tends to lecture me, displicne me and etc......i still hate him >.< he used to punish me for what? not filling out a homework diary jus coz i got the homework written down somewhere else

Thanks for the siggy Ky-lyrra

Newbie jell77 may be famous one day jell77 may be famous one day jell77's Avatar
    Thanks

OK Working Mom here. I think you're due is right in someways but in the real world you have to have two people work just to make it by. I stayed hoem with my kids for about 10 months and we lived in a box of a tgrailor house that leeked like a sive and was just squeeking by. My oldest had to ware second hand clothing and never really got anything special cause all money went to living. Here's a question ever had to do a dollar store Christmas for your kid? It sucks and makes you feel like your nothing but trash. Now that I work and the hubby does we are making it.
    With us we make sure someone is home with the children after school and the youngest is in a daycare/preschool and she loves it gets to play with freinds and such. It's mainly the rule a resrictions placed on children. I don't think the problems with today youth have to do with who is home with them as much as that someone is home with them. Children do need their parents but not necessarly their mom. Dad's are great role models to. Maybe some of the boys who are rapping girls and what not wouldn't be doing that if their daddy's would teach them respect for women and their rights to say no. hope this oppion helped.

THUMBSUCKING ADDICTION Mr. K is making a name for themselves Mr. K is making a name for themselves Mr. K's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Blade X View Post
    both of my parents are at home or my dad is at home so yea...he tends to lecture me, displicne me and etc......i still hate him >.< he used to punish me for what? not filling out a homework diary jus coz i got the homework written down somewhere else
    Fathers are there for displine(sp); Even if you hate it or not. If you pamper your kid, he won't be able to handal the real world. Jason your father is trying to make you strong~

@blue_rebel: "Don't most mothers take maternity leave for a year or so after giving birth!?"

(read frr_vegeta post)
    ≥°≤ [?] █▓▒░░▒▓█ [?] ≥°≤
    You know how you drown a blonde, Rosalie? Glue a mirror to the bottom of a pool.
    Jacob Black, Breaking Dawn, Chapter 14, p.271
    Lamie Hynamen "I reject your reality and substitute my own."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast