View Poll Results: Should women serve in direct combat military positions?

Voters
7. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

6 85.71%
  • No

1 14.29%
Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Women in direct combat military positions

is On Point Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Women in direct combat military positions

Quote Originally Posted by beast View Post
    One reason is that most of the women I have worked with were fairly lazy, though that is not the experience with all of them it is my experiance with most.
    but lazy people don't get through boot camp, on both sides of the sexual spectrum~

and how many new people do you see in a day? 50? 100? compared to the rest of the world?
    that's nothing!
    that's like saying there's not such thing as tidal waves becuz all you've seen are rivers~

and, in all honesty, it's not the lazy girls wanting to join the military. it's women wanting to protect their country, perhaps follow in family foot steps, and hopefully be able to get higher education afterward if they get back in one piece.

Now two points I want to dismiss as being incorrect, I am sure that Mystical Shadow Angel read them somewhere but I would argue the initial publicatioin was made for someones agenda and have little to no truth. It concerns this:

"Thus while men might be able to be programmed to kill, it is not as easy to program men to neglect women." and
    "The IDF saw a complete loss of control over soldiers who experienced an uncontrollable, protective, instinctual aggression."
    I can only speak for myself and assure you that that is not the case with me, heck I had to try really hard suppressing the urge to slit their throats myself and would not have been torn to pieces if the Filippinos or Iraqis did it for me.
    why would you dismiss her as incorrect when it's your opinion?

Banned beast may be famous one day beast may be famous one day beast's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Abu Dhabi View Post
    but lazy people don't get through boot camp, on both sides of the sexual spectrum~

that's like saying there's not such thing as tidal waves becuz all you've seen are rivers~

why would you dismiss her as incorrect when it's your opinion?
    First off, yes lazy people do get through boot camp, trust me Drill Instructors are masters of motivating people, hell they can make you sleep on command. And remember I said not every woman I meant in the navy is lazy just most of them, and you must remember the boot camp training wears off fast.

I did not say that Mystical Shadow Angel was incorrect or lying, simply that she was qouting a source that had an agenda and was in no way or very little true.

is On Point Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi's Avatar
    Thanks

Are the men lazy too?

And wouldn't the "laziness" come from a lack of motivation?

So wouldn't that mean that the women on your ship are unmotivated? not lazy? since they're two different things?

and that would lead me to ask. . .

Are the men unmotivated too?

Quote Originally Posted by beast
    Of the situation you mentioned I was not on a ship with women I was at a forward operation base with women, my all male command was a ship. And you do run into lazy guys but the percentage is much fewer than it is for women. Plus women can screw themselves out of a deployment by getting pregnant as they have to deploy or pregnant while deployed.

It still stands women in the military is not a good thing. Now I have a rule that I don't have sex with anyone I work with. The people who are most enthusiastic of women in having a greater prescence in the military, are either people not in the military and those in the military in favor of it are generally the ones who want them around for sex, which I don't consider a good reason.
    Do not PM me a response in about a thread that is public.

That is an invasion of my privacy.

There was nothing in this post that pertained to me, nor was there anything you could not have shared in public.

So, do not do that ever again.

As for what you said, that stance is fine. I have nothing against personal opinions, i do have a problem with you addressing laziness as a female problem, when it is actually a human problem.

Quote Originally Posted by beast
    I did not violate anyones right to privacy. You give that up when you enter a PUBLIC forum. If you are offended I am sorry but you were asking questions of me specifically which I am happy to anwer specifically but the purpose of the forum is not to discuss me it was discussing the role of women in combat. Now if you have any questions for me further I will be happy to anwer them. But it's not my thread and I have posted enough replies there.
    I was still talking to you on a PUBLIC forum.

That's like you're talking politics with someone, and since they asked for your opinion, you go to the bathroom and call the person on their cell phone.

You could have said it right here, it still pertains to the topic.
    Last edited by Zev; Oct 26, 2009 at 12:04 AM. Reason: Fixing double post.

Zev
    SuperModZilla Zev is making a name for themselves Zev is making a name for themselves Zev's Avatar
    Thanks

Ok, well I feel like this is getting off topic and going into a negative different direction. Its also seeming to get quite personal. So I am going to close this topic, for those two reasons.

In the debate section please remember to state your opinion, with a calm cool head, and don't take anything personal.

I will also state for the record, laziness isn't gender based! lol

Signature is a Gwenibe original.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2