Closed Thread
Page 1 of 23 1 2 3 4 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Are women mere objects?

Thanks for the memories princesslady may be famous one day princesslady may be famous one day princesslady's Avatar
    Thanks

Are women mere objects?

this has been bugging me for a while and all i hear on radio and all i see are women being objectified. i personally think woman are still playthings and are nothing more in some mens eyes. do you agree or disagree.

Born to rule, raised to lead, taught to establish: The African Queen

Otaku Sincere may be famous one day Sincere may be famous one day Sincere's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: are woman objects?

Not in all men's eyes, no. In some, yes. Just like I'm sure there are women who see men as objects. I'm not sure about that, but it's possible. I don't think ALL men think that way, though. It is probably half or less than half or something. I haven't encountered that many guys who think that way. Not that I know of anyway. It just depends what social group you're in, really. The way guys handle women are different for different groups, if you take the time to notice. Like people that would be considered "not so cool" or whatever that are on this website, a majority of the guys on here are a lot nicer and have better morals than some of the other groups that i'm not going to name.
    C:\Documents and Settings\Julia\My Documents\My Pictures\Siggy.jpg
    A white rose no longer alone
    I know who's heart it is to represent
    I didn't pick it, but i let it grow
    For he's the one that's heaven sent. :
    I love you, my White Rose.: The Poop Forums

Otaku White_Mage88 may be famous one day White_Mage88 may be famous one day
    Thanks

Some men do only see women as objects. I don't that that most men are like that though, but I have met some who I don't think have ever considered a women being more than an object. Women I believe do this to men too sometimes. I've seen it before. I think it's a horrible thing to think of a person as just an object.

Otaku NightFox may be famous one day NightFox may be famous one day NightFox's Avatar
    Thanks

It's not always mens fault...I blame commercials for making
    woman treated like objects. So, think about it, if it's ok in TV some men think
    that it's ok in home/work/etc.

Love hurts...trust me I know, I really do...

Warrior Monk kedar may be famous one day kedar may be famous one day kedar's Avatar
    Thanks

I myself never think of woman so ignobly, but like was mentioned by Sincere and White Mage, there are quite a number of men who view woman nothing more than objects, keeping in mind that not all men envision woman in such a manner. (^_^..) In my perspective, I consider all to most woman as an embodiment of the Divine God (....), since it is them, who pour life into a being, loosely speaking. The compassion that flowers out of a mother's [most woman's] nature is beyond me, and since I value that so much, I never will let such an erring thought into my mind.

Newbie gouka may be famous one day gouka may be famous one day
    Thanks

Not in all men's eyes, but in most men's eyes we are objects, not people. i don't understand how we can rise above this oppression but we must, otherwise we will be walked all over like the dirt of the earth.
    GoukaTora

Newbie Jackleonfraust may be famous one day Jackleonfraust may be famous one day
    Thanks

shure. chicks do it too.

it's just that "im a prince/princess and i want a pony"
    voice.

as a comercial i once herd truthfully stated: "i want a pony does not go away".

yeah.

Edit: just finding the right playmate is enough (not playmate model, but person to enjoy life with)

Otaku Big Money Champion hyuuga13 may be famous one day hyuuga13 may be famous one day hyuuga13's Avatar
    Thanks

i think women in this day and age are objectified. women do bring that upon themselves by how they dress and what their body language says when someone looks at them. i personally do not think that im objectified but i ve seen it alot and it does not make me happy cuz i do not want to be portrayed like that.
    Why is everything so ****ing hard for me? Keep me down to what you think I should be! Must you tempt me and provoke the ministry? Keep on trying I'm not dying so easily!

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 23 1 2 3 4 11 ... LastLast