Closed Thread
Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Thread: Are women mere objects?

Cherubic Flash Pegs Champion, Chaos Theory Champion, Booya Champion, Word Up Champion, Angel Differences Champion mystical shadow angel may be famous one day mystical shadow angel may be famous one day mystical shadow angel's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by princesslady View Post
    this has been bugging me for a while and all i hear on radio and all i see are women being objectified. i personally think woman are still playthings and are nothing more in some mens eyes. do you agree or disagree.
    *cusses* I really hate topics like this, but after reading frr_vegeta's post, I guess that made me feel better. I strongly object to the "women are object" topic, but I don't really feel like arguing right now - maybe next time. In any case, frr_vegeta has a really good point.

Quote Originally Posted by frr_vegeta View Post
    Many guys do treat women like objects, (some women do the same to men, however) and some don't even realize it. Women are of course, anything but. If you find yourself in a conversation which resembles the following, the male needs a reality check:

John: Hey, I called you several times, why didn't you answer?
    Jane: I was out.
    John: Well where were you and why did you go out for? You should have told me.
    Jane: I was out shopping, is that alright with you?

John, is possessive and his subconscience thinks Jane is "his" instead of "his girlfriend"

John needs to meet with a psychologist.
    Nicely said.

Devil's Advocate TaurusDemon23 may be famous one day TaurusDemon23 may be famous one day TaurusDemon23's Avatar
    Thanks
    I dunno....sometimes you chicks like to be treated that way.....
    Of course we men are monsters......but you know, women tend to be much worse...but their more like noise monsters,"nyah ha haa haa bxtch bxtch nyaa herr rer hirhir". That's how it sounds like to me sometimes, when I hear women bxtch about the smallest things........and you chicks do, admit it!
    NoT tHe SiGgY yOu R lOOkInG 4
    Move Along.

Newbie Stormraven may be famous one day Stormraven may be famous one day
    Thanks
    Okay, I think we've all agreed that both some men and some women do it to the other.

I believe women do it more than we think. It just tends to come out in different ways for us since we aren't as sexually focused. (And that's not a bash, just a statement of biological fact.) But really, any woman who intentionally uses her looks to get what she wants is just as guilty as the man who reacts to her. Both in treating herself as an object/tool, and in treating the man as an object/tool.

Leaving that aside, I think there are two other major factors. The first is that the media, which is a major chunk of our culture these days, generally does not display healthy relationships and attitudes. People are to a degree chameleons. We'll pick up what we are around. And if we aren't fortunate enough to have good examples of healthy realationships then all we have to fall back on are the bad ones. It takes a great deal of conscious effort at that point pull out of the rut.

The second factor is, lets face it, we women bring alot of it on ourselves. Partly, as has been pointed out, when we don't stand up and put a stop to it, but mainly from our own choices. If a woman is finding herself consistantly treated as an object, then she really needs to stop and ask herself what she is doing to invite it. Does her clothing cross the line from flattering to sexual? Are her speech patterns overly flirtatious?

There is an attitude these days that a woman should be able to dress, speak, and act however she wants and still be put on a pedastel. But this attitude is totally unrealistic! Humans are like computers in some ways. We simply are not going to take the data of 4+4, and come up with 17. And the data we give others (our appearance, our actions) is all they have to go on in deciding how we want to be treated. Don't believe me? Try dressing like a seductress one day, and a modest miss the next.

So girls - lay off the guys. Yes, there are jerks out there, of both genders, who won't change no matter what. But the majority are, like you, simply trying to find a little corner of happiness in a severly messed up world.

Otaku macky_516 may be famous one day macky_516 may be famous one day
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by frr_vegeta View Post
    John: Hey, I called you several times, why didn't you answer?
    Jane: I was out.
    John: Well where were you and why did you go out for? You should have told me.
    Jane: I was out shopping, is that alright with you?

John, is possessive and his subconscience thinks Jane is "his" instead of "his girlfriend"

John needs to meet with a psychologist.
    i dont think this really is a good analysis of the situation
    isnt it possible for john to wonder where she was just in worry?
    sometimes people need to know where they are for their security. its very common, the fact is is that u cant really tell with just this situation presented like this. the emotion shown in johns voice can tell more. if you sound stern and unemotional then yes there is a problem. in your mind u think that its your duty to know where your partner is. but if u say it in a more humble i just wanted to know voice then it changes alot
    u just cant go with whats said but also how its said.

not puttin n e one down just sharing my opinion

MICHIERU RULES ALL

Legendary Otaku Violent may be famous one day Violent may be famous one day Violent's Avatar
    Thanks
    " is that alright with you? " is the key phrase there I guess...

THE RULES!

I'm on my grind in search to find whats on my mind, its one of a kind!

Ikorose Shinsō Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by macky_516 View Post
    i dont think this really is a good analysis of the situation
    isnt it possible for john to wonder where she was just in worry?
    sometimes people need to know where they are for their security.
    Yes, sometimes people need to know where their loved ones are for their security, but the mall is not that place. On top of that, I tend to think that the characters vegeta uses in his situation are mere boyfriend and girlfriend, in which case the boyfriend really has no authority over his girlfriend, nor does the girlfriend ever need tell the boyfriend whenever she is to do something or go somewhere.

I've known plenty of relationships where the guy treats his girlfriend like an object. The funny thing is, the girlfriends acknowledge the mistreatment, and they still stay in the relationship. This is an issue that will never end. It's like what TaurusDemon said, girls chose to be treated in a way that is unacceptable (this does not apply to every girl). It's a fact of life, girls love "bad boys." And it's a shame it works that way.

Devoted Otaku Shodokan may be famous one day Shodokan may be famous one day Shodokan's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DEMON SPAWN View Post
    I dont think women are objects, I think women are holy beings they should be worshiped.
    Seriously a whole bunch of you guys are seriously whipped or just plain girl crazy. This thinking isn't right.

Legendary Otaku Violent may be famous one day Violent may be famous one day Violent's Avatar
    Thanks
    Well if there was no women you wouldn't be here Shodokan so don't you think that women are special in any way...

THE RULES!

I'm on my grind in search to find whats on my mind, its one of a kind!

Closed Thread
Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast