+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Women in Society

abc
    Newbie abc is off to a good start abc's Avatar
    Thanks

Women in Society

Just before school gave holidays for the christmas we were debating in English class. We debated about many things. But there was one matter which caused a stir in my class.
    We were talking about women in society.
    The matter was that in this day and age since women are working outside the home it has caused a negative impact, not only in the home, but society in general. We were split into two groups, one group was for this statement and the other group ws against this statment. The debating really got heated in some points that people were bringing up, but it doesnt matter now.
    I want to hear from the people of AO.
    Does women workin ouside the home have a negative impact on society?
    Tell me if u are for or against this statement. And tell me your reason why u chose the side u did.

For me im totally against this statment. One reason being that women have been mostly referred to the weaker sex in almost all nations since time has memories. Now in this day and age women have an oppurtunity to show that we have a talent beyond the kitchen. I do agree that in some countries women are still banned from even leaving the house. But we are showing that its not only a man's world anymore. We are showing how strong and independant we can really be.

what are your reasons if you are for or against this statment.

NB: THIS LITTLE REMINDER IS FOR CERTAIN PEOPLE. FOR ALL THE MISOGNISTS-WANNABES ON AO I SHALL WARN YOU NOW. DONT LET THE FACT THAT YOU THINK LOWLY OF WOMEN CLOUD YOUR REASONING. IF YOU WISH TO RESPOND, RESPOND WITH YOUR POST THAT IS NOT OBLIGATED WITH YOUR BELIEFS ABOUT WOMEN. RESPOND RATIONALLY AND TRUTHFULLY. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED, FAILURE TO TAKE HEED IN THIS WARNING WILL RESULT IN THE WOMEN OF AO COMING DOWN ON YOU. YOU DONT WANT THAT.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to abc For This Useful Post:

lebasiara (Jan 09, 2008)

Chtonian Slayer Astaroth may be famous one day Astaroth's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Women in Society

I am so totally against that statement.........
    First of all.....I just have to say this.....that women are smarter than men (sorry guys, but I am a true feminist)
    They bring so much to the society and they really do broaden its horizons
    Women have come far from the ancient times.......I mean come one.....we have Hilary running for president!!!!
    Soon.....women shall have all the power.......
    DO NOT MAKE ME UNLEASH MY INNER DEMON

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Astaroth For This Useful Post:

abc (Jan 11, 2008)

~jUsT sMiLe~ _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_'s Avatar
    Thanks

To say that women are smarter than men is probably taking it to the extreme XD. Men are good at some things, women are good at others...it's just how we are. Not one is better or smarter than the other lol

anywho a bit more on topic..

I wouldn't say working women are an negative impact on society. I mean how can the fact that women now have more equal rights have a negative impact on any society. Maybe from a mans point of view XD and I'm sure a man would think of plenty to say on the topic in a non-series manner.

But, the only effect that I see it having on society is coming from a family point of view. If the mother now works and so does the dad, who's is at home for the children. Though, it's not dependant on society at whole more on individual families and it's not always a negative aswell.

So I disagree with the extremity of the statement. It's not a negative impact, but I think to some extent it has changed the way we think and view the society.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to _gwenibe_ For This Useful Post:

abc (Jan 11, 2008)

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Astaroth View Post
    I am so totally against that statement.........
    First of all.....I just have to say this.....that women are smarter than men (sorry guys, but I am a true feminist)
    They bring so much to the society and they really do broaden its horizons
    Women have come far from the ancient times.......I mean come one.....we have Hilary running for president!!!!
    Soon.....women shall have all the power.......
    I wouldn't say smarter. I look at men and women as equals. Anything I can do, I'd expect a woman to be able to do similarly--not better.

I WOULD say that women are more rational though. I've never seen a woman act without reasoning unless it was called for. Rarely will I meet a woman who has little to no tact. Although I DO know of a couple.

Women are naturally more polite and are generally happier people to be around. I feel that women should be treated as equal members of society. Hell, there are times when I think that women should be honored and praised, simply because they are bearers and creators of life.

Without women, we'd all be gay, LOL.

On a serious note, to summarize my post; working women in society have more of a positive impact today than ever.

Otaku Kairu is off to a good start Kairu's Avatar
    Thanks

I am also against the statement. There is no problems as far as I can see with women wanting to get out and go to work. They have qualities that men do not have.

That I also disagree with haha. I see women and men much differently, but not in intellect. Where as Sprout said, sometimes men act irrational in some situations. A woman would rarely do this. Then again you must look at it this way, women tend to blow things completely out of proportion in their heads, where men keep things just plain and simple.

Trying not to stray from the topic though. I cannot see how there is any negative impacts with women working outside the home. Personally I am glad women getting out and working. I have read, and heard that it empowers them. And if it makes the women in the family happy, it makes me happy ^_^

is On Point Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi's Avatar
    Thanks

i think women have a lot more power then men today, but they're not using it that well. most are so caught up trying NOT to be feminine, that they end up doing a bad job. personally, i don't really take comfort with women and power... and i'm a woman, i know how they are... quite frankly, i wouldn't mind being a stay-at-home mom, and i resent any women who want to make me feel bad about my decision.

you shouldn't scorn something that you're good at! why is being nuturing and caring bad? but whatever...

at the end of the day, i hate feminism!

I'm sleepy... Jukebox Hero Champion, Word Up Champion, Word Craze Champion gren may be famous one day gren may be famous one day gren's Avatar
    Thanks

I see where you're coming from Abu, but feminism isn't (or shouldn't be) about forcing women to do anything. It's about giving women choices that they were denied for a long time. If a woman wants to stay at home and raise her children full time, that's her choice and it's a good one. But on the other hand, if she wants to work full time and skip mommyhood altogether, that's her choice too, and she should be able to do it with getting any flack for it. Financially, it's incredibly difficult to raise even a single child on one salary. I think a lot of women work not because they don't want to be viewed as feminine, but because it's the only way to keep the family above the poverty line.

Also, being a woman doesn't mean you're automatically good at nurturing/caring for children. There are plenty of women out there who shouldn't be within 100 yards of a child, but they're expected to be good mothers simply because of their gender. That's not fair either, is it? I have nothing but the utmost respect for good parents, but I also respect and admire women who can admit that they don't want to or don't have what it takes to be mothers. Raising children isn't an easy thing to do, so better that some people not do it than do it badly.
    sig by Pyro Psycho

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

Honestly I really doubt there are anyone who would not be against that statement for the sake of being politically correct and avoid getting his or her head bit off. Im just saying that if you want to encourage a real debate then you got to be ready for the most far off stuff instead of "please speak your mind, but then watch out we are going to get you".

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast