+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Women in Society

Otaku Kairu is off to a good start Kairu's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Women in Society

Quote Originally Posted by Legend View Post
    Honestly I really doubt there are anyone who would not be against that statement for the sake of being politically correct and avoid getting his or her head bit off. Im just saying that if you want to encourage a real debate then you got to be ready for the most far off stuff instead of "please speak your mind, but then watch out we are going to get you".
    Yeah that is true, really hard to say otherwise and not be flamed off the board.

I shall come out of the shell a bit though. I agree with Abu Dhabi, to the extent that naturally most women are natural born nurturers. A nurturer to a child sometimes must stay home and help where help is needed. Looking at it that way I suppose there is some negative impact on society. In the sense that the child is left to fend for itself and not learn some common morals. Resulting to sometimes a problematic child, that some people would consider a negative impact to society.

is On Point Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gren View Post
    I see where you're coming from Abu, but feminism isn't (or shouldn't be) about forcing women to do anything. It's about giving women choices that they were denied for a long time. If a woman wants to stay at home and raise her children full time, that's her choice and it's a good one. But on the other hand, if she wants to work full time and skip mommyhood altogether, that's her choice too, and she should be able to do it with getting any flack for it. Financially, it's incredibly difficult to raise even a single child on one salary. I think a lot of women work not because they don't want to be viewed as feminine, but because it's the only way to keep the family above the poverty line.

Also, being a woman doesn't mean you're automatically good at nurturing/caring for children. There are plenty of women out there who shouldn't be within 100 yards of a child, but they're expected to be good mothers simply because of their gender. That's not fair either, is it? I have nothing but the utmost respect for good parents, but I also respect and admire women who can admit that they don't want to or don't have what it takes to be mothers. Raising children isn't an easy thing to do, so better that some people not do it than do it badly.
    i suppose so, i'm sorry about getting so jumpy... all the feminists i've been around are as "pig-headed" as the men they're "defending" themselves against. so, i got a little defensive~! sorry~!

however, i will admit that there are women who can't raise a houseplant and men who know velvet from velveteen and are not gay.

but back on topic, i think that the salary defference doesn't really hold water, even if it's becuz the salary is "supposedly" second income, that's really not the case anymore.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Abu Dhabi For This Useful Post:

abc (Jan 11, 2008)

Otaku Cruisin with crush Champion, Animal Rescue Champion abby724 is off to a good start abby724's Avatar
    Thanks

Really, the only negative thing I see about women working in the work place is that it's easier to cheat on your girlfriend/wife... but then that gets nulled out by being able to actually make women friends while working.

The reproductive physiological differences in men and women don't really change how well they can work, though men's and women's brains are hardwired a little differently... Still, both men and women do have the capacity to learn, right? It's just environmental factors, varying work ethics, sometimes physical factors (how much stamina do they have? etc.) and the knowledge of how to do certain things right that determine how well a man or a woman can do a job. And while women do have smaller muscles than men, women can be just as strong as men... it's just that not many women want to look like they're on steroids XD.
    GALERIE : Limited Internet access for certain reasons...

Banned Monkey Jump Champion, Karts Champion, Stagedive Dewy Champion, Harry Potter: The Marauder`s Map Champion, Weasley Breakfast Champion, Grand Slam Shredder Champion, Moon Skate Champion, Field Goal FootBall Champion, DodgeBall Champion, Gasbag Smackdown Champion, Makai Hockey Champion, Monkey Nut Champion, The Ordinary Boys Champion, Traffic Control Champion, Roving Reporter Champion, Prawn Of The Dead Champion, Sky Fire Champion, Musical Lantern Champion, Master Qwan,s Mahjongg Champion, Master Mahjongg Champion, Mahjongg: Alchemy Champion, Flash Tiles Champion, Mahjongg 3D Champion, Mahjongg 2 Champion, Mahjongg Fast Champion, Stupid Space Shooting Race Game Champion The GunGrave of Trigun may be famous one day The GunGrave of Trigun may be famous one day
    Thanks

We are both equal i think everybodys the same in smarts unless you become smarter but i do think we should go back to mom makes meal while dad works its and even trade is it not for the family.

Newbie bbZuSh is off to a good start bbZuSh's Avatar
    Thanks

I really do think that women have, overall, a positive impact on society. Development brought intelligence for us and we found that we could make use of the female community if they weren't to stay at home. She can support her family by working and can acquire knowledge that long ago wasn't 'allowed'. Women had potential that we, as human beings, should exploit. (I form part of that women community too :P ) They are smart and well, can be equal in some way to men. Not that I am saying they are equal. They have their differences but their similarities as well. If you were to talk of negative impacts, that would be the prostitutes, strip teasers and so on, which are nowadays, much more seen. But that didn't mean it didn't exist long ago.
    They watched him in his descent;
    the Archangel just made honour to his name
    the highest of all but, just a mere messenger.
    Yet a Master he was, one who is of He.

Devil's Advocate TaurusDemon23 may be famous one day TaurusDemon23 may be famous one day TaurusDemon23's Avatar
    Thanks

I think women in America get away with waaaaaaaay too much. I'm all about equality of the sexes and all that, but I'm sick of how "untouchable" women have become, legally. A chick can hit a man in the face, but if a man does so much as push the woman, she can get the guy arrested, even if she nearly beats the man to death. I know beating a woman is "horrible" and all that, but women need to deal with consequences as much as we do. If a woman hits me, I'm hitting her back, and if she tries to call the cops on me, I'll kill her. I'd do the same to a man, too.

You women want equality, fine. I just don't think women should be able to get away with so damn much, like they do in America.

I've had friends that got screwed over by women this way. It's messed up. These days you gotta approch women like land mines, so much as a complement can be misconstrued as "harassment" if the woman's in a bad mood. Seen it, lived it. If you make one more phone call than a chick wants you to, than it can be construed as "harassment" and cops can be called.

There's this chick that keeps calling me. I don't like her. If I went to the cops about the "harassment", they'd laugh at me and tell me to deal with it myself, but my hands are so friggin tied on how to deal with it because......OH MY! The slut is a WOMAN! I can't even so much as fart in her direction without the option of her calling the cops!

We men get called PIGs, DOGS, SCUM, etc., yet we're supposed to take it in stride. If we called a Woman a SLUT, HOE, BITCH, etc. Women get all pissy and tend to get physical.

All and all, Women get away with too damn much. If women want to be treated special for having neden between their legs, we can treat them special......heh.....

anti-semantics Pub Quiz Champion tsurara may be famous one day tsurara may be famous one day tsurara's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TaurusDemon23 View Post
    We men get called PIGs, DOGS, SCUM, etc., yet we're supposed to take it in stride. If we called a Woman a SLUT, HOE, BITCH, etc. Women get all pissy and tend to get physical.
    ...right... so where are all those rap songs about men being easy, subhuman and possessions for women to sleep with, impregnate and smack around?

And the movies where you take your pants and waggle your junk around for no apparent reason and still get a PG-13 rating?

See a lot of man-kinis on the beach? anorexic male models on catwalks? "Boys Gone Wild"? Does Ken have a 2 cm thick waist and a 4 cm around unit? Are television journalists criticizing male political candidates for being emotional or "looking too old"?

Something tells me the girls just might have a point...

Otaku Frisbee Throwing Champion, Yeti 1 Greece Champion Billum256 is off to a good start Billum256's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm perfectly fine with women holding power in the working world. I beleive that they can do the jobs just like a man could. I will say that I don't think they should be body builders but thats just because it looks nasty in my opinion. When it comes to intelligence I believe that it all depends on the person but overall were equal.
    98% of AO members are yaoi or lollicon fans. If you are part of the 2% that are not, copy and paste this into your sig

Sig By Me
    "We're all sinners in the hands of the loving God"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast