+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 4 11 ... LastLast

Thread: The World Grows Angry @ God!

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

The World Grows Angry @ God!

Now, I've noticed a lot of comments goin' 'round in these religious debates about God and what-not. Comments like, "How come god doesn't stop the bad people from coming in to life?" and "I'd rather have Jesus than God," or "Why would god allow me to live through this bullsh*t??" Then there's the ever famous, "Chuck Norris is god!!" LOL, that last one's a joke.

Either way, no matter how you slice it; people are angry at God. Now, I'm no Christian, but I was raised as one, so I've spent 18 years of my life in church, bible study and other various Christian learning retreats. I know my stuff and I think that those of you who claim to be Christian, but only accept Jesus, completely denying the fact that God is the same guy, or those of you who just completely blame all the hardship in your life on God need to really consider finding new religion or just read more deeply in to your scriptures.

Why are more and more people becoming increasingly angry at God? Why is it that when something goes awry, or if someone just can't cope with life anymore, they always point the finger at God, instead of taking responsibility for their actions? Why are certain 'Christians' shunning God, but accepting Christ? That's like saying you're only 'half-christian' or a psuedo-believer.

Without Chaos there would be no Order and vice versa! Why do people think that God is so f*cked up for allowing sin to exist in the world? Isn't Good and Evil, God and The Devil pretty much Yin and Yang?

Can anyone answer these questions truthfully?

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to atomik_sprout For This Useful Post:

iluvmyloser (Aug 11, 2008), Scourge (Aug 04, 2008)

Legendary Otaku Happy Pill Champion, Monkey Mayhem Champion NeoDeath90 may be famous one day NeoDeath90 may be famous one day NeoDeath90's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: The World Grows Angry @ God!

People tend to get very over religious and think that God is the cause for every giood and bad thing.

to this i reply with "God works in mysterious ways"

sometimes in order to restore order a bit of chaos must occur. War is a perfect example. And not just any war. World War 2, the last war that had any true significant meaning. Chaos break out when Hitler and Mussolini started rampaging through Europe. Then the Japanese bomb us, and all hell breaks loose. We go over, kick some a$$, storm some beaches, and eventually restore order.

How did we restore order? By kicking some a$$ and making some chaos. Through that, peace occured.

I like to think that this God fellow (in all my christian upbringings) just looks down from the heavens and lets us do what we do. He doesn't control us. We do. If you want to know why God allows such things to happen, it's because we are programmed to do such acts.
    Why hello there!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to NeoDeath90 For This Useful Post:

Scourge (Aug 04, 2008)

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NeoDeath90 View Post
    I like to think that this God fellow (in all my christian upbringings) just looks down from the heavens and lets us do what we do. He doesn't control us. We do. If you want to know why God allows such things to happen, it's because we are programmed to do such acts.
    Exactly!!!

Why do you think God gave us free will?? We're creatures who learn through experience. If God created (and this is looking from a semi-Christian point of view) humans without free will, there would be no need for the devil... Or snakes for that matter! We'd all still be in the garden of Eden, staring at a damn tree, wondering why we can't eat any fruit from it. There'd be no war, no history to learn from, no MISTAKES to learn from and nothing to teach us from our own experiences. We'd all be stark naked running around a damn garden eating oranges and pears... I'm craving apples now.

My point is: If you believe in God, you have to understand that he does things for a damn good reason and you shouldn't question his authority! HE'S GOD, FOR CHRIST'S SAKE!! (Wow, that was totally an unintentional pun, LOL). You don't see me storming to the White House bothering Pres. Bush with questions like, "Why are you such a dumb-ass???" No. I just let the dumb-ass do his job, because for now... He runs things. His time will end and someone else will take his place. God however is infinite and NOTHING will take his place (according to Christian belief), so don't ever question God, don't blame him for your personal strife, don't think God is out to get you. Job was one man out of TRILLIONS over the past that God picked to make miserable. No one else since then has suffered like Job, no one else will.

We're made to suffer until we find happiness on our own, be it through deity, meditation, or hard work. Our happiness is dictated by us until the day we die. Then it's up to a higher power, be it God, The Universe, or Karma.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to atomik_sprout For This Useful Post:

Scourge (Aug 04, 2008)

Poultry Projectile Cannon Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge's Avatar
    Thanks

I couldn’t have said it better my self Atomic, nor do I want to because I have been saying the same damn thing you have over and over and over again. Quite frankly I am rather sick of listening to people bitch and complain about thing and then blame god. "Why did god have to take my favorite cat away, I loved that cat, I am angry at you god!" Well one, god had nothing to do with your cat's death, secondly it was your own fault for letting it out of the house and into the street to play with road kill before it met the front bumper of a Ford Focus.
    "MY DEAR... I GIVE YOU THE CAPELLAN CONFEDERATION"
    AND THUS THE WAR WAS STARTED NOT BY GUN SHOT BUT BY WEDDING BELLS

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Scourge View Post
    I couldn’t have said it better my self Atomic, nor do I want to because I have been saying the same damn thing you have over and over and over again. Quite frankly I am rather sick of listening to people bitch and complain about thing and then blame god. "Why did god have to take my favorite cat away, I loved that cat, I am angry at you god!" Well one, god had nothing to do with your cat's death, secondly it was your own fault for letting it out of the house and into the street to play with road kill before it met the front bumper of a Ford Focus.
    LOL, well said, my friend. It just bothers me how people treat their religion like it's some kind of burden. If it sucks so bad to believe in God, then why'd you even chose to be a part of that religion? You do have the right to choose, y'know.

As I've stated many times before, I was raised in a Christian family. My mother and siblings still go to church and are devout Christians. My brother even went to school to be a youth pastor. But I, on the other hand, felt that Christianity is not for me. Like many Buddhists, I think that people only use deities as a crutch to get through life. That only distorts one's view on reality, which is why lots of people either think God will do everything for them, or God is responsible for their sh*tty exsistence in this life.

Either defect, or deal with it. Accept that your God has a plan for you, or become an athiest, or Muslim, or something... I'm sick of it. God doesn't ruin lives, humans do a good enough job of doing that on their own.

of the AMC Innerhell may be famous one day Innerhell may be famous one day Innerhell's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by atomik_sprout View Post
    Why do people think that God is so f*cked up for allowing sin to exist in the world?
    Do people really believe that? That's pretty funny.

According to that book of metaphorical fables that Christians read known as the Bible, it was humanity's fault for unleashing sin. Well, actually, to be more precise, it was the fault of women for releasing sin throughout the future generations of humanity whatsoever.

Hmm. You'd think the writers of the Bible would come up with something better than completely ripping off the Pandora's Box story. How unoriginal.
    I love my girlfriend.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Innerhell View Post
    Do people really believe that? That's pretty funny.

According to that book of metaphorical fables that Christians read known as the Bible, it was humanity's fault for unleashing sin. Well, actually, to be more precise, it was the fault of women for releasing sin throughout the future generations of humanity whatsoever.

Hmm. You'd think the writers of the Bible would come up with something better than completely ripping off the Pandora's Box story. How unoriginal.
    Yeah, believe it or not, there are people who think that God could've just wiped out sin when it was unleashed; or killed Lucifer when he fell from heaven. Y'know, prevent evil from tainting the world, starting and ending in perpetual bliss?

I can't knock whoever wrote the bible, especially since the Old Testament is like the foundation for three religions. Judiasm, Christianity and Islam (Yes, Muslims have ties with Abraham). Plus, the New Testament is linked with Christianity and Islam. In fact, Muslims believe that Jesus was not the son of God, but a prophet just as Mohammed was. They even give praise to him in one of their prayers. I learned that just recently. However, that doesn't change my view on any of the above mentioned religions.

Nisou Tenshi Hot Shots Champion, Elroy Learns To Fly Champion, Daves Castle Hunt Champion, Mom-Jongg! Champion, Uncle Sam Champion Priestess Angel may be famous one day Priestess Angel may be famous one day Priestess Angel's Avatar
    Thanks

The reason why many people blame things on God is because it is easier to blame our problems on someone else rather then ourselves. When someone has made many bad choices in their life and their life in general is falling apart due to those choices it is much easier to blame all of their problems on God rather then themselves.

Of course, sometimes bad things just happen through no fault of our own. Just look back through history and you will find millions upon millions of tragedies most caused by human error. Examples would be the Black Plague, the Holocaust, 9/11, or Hurricane Katrina. I could literally go on forever. In these situations it is very easy to blame everything on God.

With that being said, I would like to point out that whether we like it or not tragedy must exist. Even though many of us would like to live in a world full of butterflies and rainbows, tragedy is a necessary part of life. Why? Well, imagine it for a second. A world where nothing bad has ever happened. Every massacre, flood, tornado, plague, war, or anything that could bring extreme sadness never happened. What would the world be like? Honestly, I think it would be a very unsympathetic and compassionateness world.

Why? If there is no tragedy how can we know happiness? How can we appreciate? How can we appreciate peace if we have never experienced chaos? Not to mention, humans would not be able to feel empathy for each other. How could they if they have never experienced pain? Human relationships would be much more distant because if you have ever noticed tragedy usually has a way of bringing people closer together.

So this is my point, a compassionate world cannot exist without tragedy. It is something that is necessary if we want to appreciate the moments of happiness and joy that we do have. Events that bring pain help bring us together and help us to understand and empathize with people who are going through similar pain.
    Last edited by Priestess Angel; Aug 05, 2008 at 12:09 PM. Reason: correcting grammatical error

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Priestess Angel For This Useful Post:

Scourge (Aug 05, 2008), ThanatosLoveChain (Aug 04, 2008)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 4 11 ... LastLast